Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:13:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: What went right. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What went right.  (Read 110082 times)
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: October 01, 2011, 06:40:01 PM

I resubbed to find that you can now unlock all the souls from a trainer for a fee, instead of doing an annoying quest. Very cool.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: October 02, 2011, 08:30:30 AM

Finally updated my PC with an i5 2500K and a gtx560ti with 8gigs of RAM.

Finally able to play this game with the settings maxed and never get a slow down.  HK looks awesome in detail.

Been playing on a similar computer build since last January so since launch Ive played Rift on max and never once had bad FPS.  Game is very optimized.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: October 02, 2011, 07:06:39 PM

Ranking up in pvp is a lot faster now.  A lot of that is 100% bonus potions they gave out as veteran rewards, but also number of kills per warfront is WAY up now that one class isn't a complete gimp and the extra warfront accolades come in fast and furiously with extra bonuses too.

I am the .00000001428%
Ralence
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: October 02, 2011, 08:29:33 PM

Ranking up in pvp is a lot faster now.  A lot of that is 100% bonus potions they gave out as veteran rewards, but also number of kills per warfront is WAY up now that one class isn't a complete gimp and the extra warfront accolades come in fast and furiously with extra bonuses too.

The fact that no healers queue for WF's anymore isn't hurting the cause either;  well unless you're a healer.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: October 03, 2011, 05:38:25 AM

I've seen plenty of healers around this weekend, the team with the most still wins.

I am the .00000001428%
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: October 03, 2011, 09:28:45 AM

I've seen plenty of healers around this weekend, the team with the most still wins.

The team of 13 rogues, one dos cleric and one dos warrior I ended up in yesterday begs to differ!

(admittedly, 3 of us switched to bard and guardians were just being *dumb* so it's not how it sounds. People need to learn that if 3 rogues are AEing you you cannot just stand there and take it like you used to be able to.)
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: October 03, 2011, 11:11:35 AM

People need to learn that if 3 rogues are AEing you you cannot just stand there and take it like you used to be able to.

I'll say here that frequently I have no clue what is going on or what happened to me from an AoE standpoint. Most of the AoE graphics are really subtle and easily missed. There are no Ice Shards or Rain of Fire graphics. No big Death and Decay, not even Concecrate. The real killer is Devouring Shadows and that is often just a black spot on the ground. For the rogue ranged effects, the only one I can tell is happening is Splinter Shot because it has a distinctive sound.

The scrolling combat text is nearly useless in this regard. Even with names and icons turned on, incoming damage is often just not displayed if it happens too fast. And even if it does display, if you center things into a hud type view, it is frequently obscured. I would really like a Scrolling Combat Text mod with moveable text anchors and fonts.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: October 03, 2011, 11:15:05 AM

That's not true for rogues aeing you though, you can see arrows flying right at you.

I am the .00000001428%
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: October 03, 2011, 11:24:24 AM

The fact that no healers queue for WF's anymore isn't hurting the cause either;  well unless you're a healer.

I could care less if clerics dont play, half of them dont heal anyhow and I can easily be standing next to a cleric at 1/4 HP and they still dont heal.  I was the underdog class so long I learned to be self sufficient so 1.5 made the game 100% better for PvP for me(rogue) so no heals is pretty much the norm. 
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: October 16, 2011, 08:46:24 AM

If you're not on a PvP server, you're doing it wrong.  Having been playing in Scarwood Whatever-the-fuck (level 30-36 zone) for a while now, I've had the most fun in an MMORPG since DAOC, and it all boils down to rifts and PvP keeping things unpredictable and exciting.  The emergent factor where both teams are trying to complete objectives and take down the big bad boss at the end of an invasion is simply an unmatched experience in MMORPGs.  And it's a good thing too, because the questing otherwise is rather terrible, the dungeons are nothing special, and warfronts while fun are a straight WoW rip.

On Sunrest, there's a defiant guild that kills guardians during these rift boss events, which makes this guild hated by everyone (including some defiants).  I guess they enjoy going around with an outlaw type label that says "kill me on sight."  Annoying as they are, they are part of what makes Rift incredibly fun for me.  There are anti-pk type guilds as well.

I found that Scarlet Gorge and Scarlet Reach had a great deal of pvp; Moonshade/Droughtlands/Iron Pine Peaks has had more cooperation on rift bosses - that could be due to me taking a few days off the game, so I'm leveling with a different crowd now, too.  I'm not sure.

But yeah, pvp server is making me very happy, despite me hating to be ganked and refusing to gank (except Acolytes who I will kill no matter the level whenever I see them).

Edited to add: I play a ranger/bard mostly, which is not a good pvp spec, and I end up getting owned by people levels lower than me sometimes.  I am also not great at pvp.  I've been ganked a few times, camped only once.  It's not as prevalent as I feared it would be.  Most of the pvp has been really fun.  Closest thing to DAOC rvr I've seen in a game since.

I'm bringing this back because after the last patch this has been going on non stop all day.  There are tons of zone invasions and now that the rewards are needed lots of people are doing them.  This is the best pvp i've had since shadowbane.

I am the .00000001428%
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: November 06, 2011, 07:27:56 AM

With the 1.5 riftstalker consolidation and the recent addition of the Deflection mechanic, rogue tanking is now much easier and way more entertaining.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: November 07, 2011, 09:48:29 AM

With the 1.5 riftstalker consolidation and the recent addition of the Deflection mechanic, rogue tanking is now much easier and way more entertaining.

Enjoy it until 1.6 :P
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: November 07, 2011, 11:40:20 AM

What's changing beyond the consolidation of Rift Guard and Guarded Steel? I added Blade Dancer to get False Blade, Strike Back, Reprisal, Side Step and Twin Strike (that's a whole lot out of 8 points). Anyway, currently I have a whopping three finishers. Moving to two is not a big deal and will probably be a good thing. Less mechanical nonsense means I can focus more on what's going on and being aware of when to use CDs and less on basic survival.

More tanks is never a bad thing.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: What went right.  
Jump to: