Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:09:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Crafting thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crafting thread  (Read 8956 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

on: February 25, 2011, 08:15:14 AM

I thought that there may be a few people here that could use some tips/guides on crafting (myself included).  If any of you beta hardcore folks have tips on the utility of crating specs, best combos for gathering, and which crafting specialties are the best bang-for-buck, please post them here. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 08:25:10 AM

Take all three gathering profs, then roll around in your piles of monies.  Seriously.  It'd be like Scrooge McDuck diving into that vault of gold.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 08:27:17 AM

I like butchering/outfitter so far.  Seems nice for a rogue. And you can take a gathering/mining for cash.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 08:47:17 AM

Something to remember when thinking of taking the 3 gathering professions on your main. If you're intending to craft, the good recipes are on faction vendors, so you'll need to be level-appropriate to run the faction quests to unlock the recipes.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 09:05:56 AM

Hmm.. Hadn't noticed faction recipes before. Will have to look for them. Only faction I seem to have so far is the school near argent glade and the pvp 'caretakers' faction.

For those who don't know, doing the daily crafting quests gives you "artisan marks", which you use to buy recipes from vendors in the main city. I've made some nice cash supplying leather hoods to folks on Sunrest.

Also, for outfitter, they added some nice "consumable" recipes that make use of the salvage scrap. One gives you a ride-speed buff, another a run-speed buff, and a third gives you -- herpes -- or something -- I can't remember what it does.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 09:37:03 AM

I've picked up Mining/Butchering/Armorcrafting on my warrior, mostly so I can craft some armors for myself as I level (if I can manage to keep the crafting skills up to date), but if anyone else needs any of the stuff I'm able to make, I'd be more than happy to hammer something out. Skills are still low atm though (40 Armorsmithing).

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 10:19:32 AM

I've picked up Mining/Butchering/Armorcrafting on my warrior, mostly so I can craft some armors for myself as I level (if I can manage to keep the crafting skills up to date), but if anyone else needs any of the stuff I'm able to make, I'd be more than happy to hammer something out. Skills are still low atm though (40 Armorsmithing).

Can you? I thought you needed some tailoring anyway (just for some components), but I am probably remembering wrong.

Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 10:33:08 AM

I thought you needed some tailoring anyway (just for some components), but I am probably remembering wrong.

LOTRO has other-profession-dependent component requirements for crafting better gear, but I haven't seen the same in RIFT (yet!).

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 11:02:16 AM

I went with Butchering/Outfitter/Runecrafter on my rogue.  Make leather/cloth armor, and bags, and then runebreak the armor for RC mats.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 11:22:23 AM

I went with Butchering/Outfitter/Runecrafter on my rogue.  Make leather/cloth armor, and bags, and then runebreak the armor for RC mats.
I went with the exact same setup.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 12:56:58 PM

Butcher/Forager/Apoth ... vendored all the skins and had more than enough at my level for most anything.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 01:25:37 PM

This is off telarapedia , shows the interdependency of the professions:

I think runecrafting is the enchanting of rift so any profession that produces greens/blues disenchanting could feed into it.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 08:33:43 AM

Take all three gathering profs, then roll around in your piles of monies.  Seriously.  It'd be like Scrooge McDuck diving into that vault of gold.

From just vendoring it?

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 08:39:13 AM

From selling in on the AH presumably; why would you vendor something that is potentially useful?

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 09:13:45 AM

I did in beta, and it sells pretty well (I didn't wanna fuck around with auctions for a soon to be deleted toon) and, yeah, comparable to the vendor trash, crafting components sell high to vendors at least at the low levels.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Rasix

Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 09:16:00 AM

I didn't have much luck selling gems in the AH, but it wasn't really for much cash.

So, if anyone needs gems on Dimroot, just hit me up.  I won't be using any of them.

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 09:17:22 AM

What profession makes gems?

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 01, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Runecrafting's trick, if anyone takes it up: It's the easiest to farm mats for. Those little green +stat things that go in your focus are breakable for mats. So you just hang out and farm rifts/invasions for crafting mats.

I'm running weaponsmith on my rogue at the moment, and into the level 20-30 gear (iron/oak)
Rasix

Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 09:32:54 AM

What profession makes gems?

Well, mining gets them when you mine any node.  I think artificing uses them.

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 01, 2011, 09:41:42 AM

Ahh, right. Duh. I had assumed you meant WoW socketable gems.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 08:40:19 AM

Runecrafting's trick, if anyone takes it up: It's the easiest to farm mats for. Those little green +stat things that go in your focus are breakable for mats. So you just hang out and farm rifts/invasions for crafting mats.

I'm running weaponsmith on my rogue at the moment, and into the level 20-30 gear (iron/oak)

Butchering/Outfitter/RC, grab the recipes for belts, use/buy leather or cloth (leather's usually cheaper), make belts, break them down, voila - tons o mats.

Seems to be so many people leveling outfitter that demand isn't all that high and profits are hard to come by, unless I camp the AH. 

Selling mats seems like a good plan.  Teeth fetch a very nice price.  (I gather they're used for making dyes in Apothecary).
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 11:47:23 PM

Looks like Runebreaking is disabled due to an exploit, so my bags get to bog down with greens.

Edit: However, with annoyance comes opportunity: there are tons of CHEAP greens on the AH, because no one's buying to Runebreak atm. Time to fill up my mailbox.  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 10:08:10 AM by Rendakor »

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Crafting thread  
Jump to: