Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:27:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Will you "Die2Nite?" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will you "Die2Nite?"  (Read 17386 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #35 on: August 16, 2011, 11:48:59 AM

We're only on day 8.  Season 3 made a bunch of big changes -- lots of new buildings, but you have to find "blueprints" to unlock them, so it's a crap shoot what you get to build in any given town.  The reactor blueprint is a pretty rare one, and you need an engine plus 4 electric components to build it.  Gives 500 defense, but the description says that you need to "repair" it every day (nobody knows yet what that means) or it'll explode and kill everyone.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #36 on: September 27, 2011, 02:59:13 PM

In a meta town now where we found the hacksaw and blueprints for factory, butcher, and henhouse, all on day 1.  This is going to be epic.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: October 30, 2011, 07:29:34 PM

In a meta town now where we found the hacksaw and blueprints for factory, butcher, and henhouse, all on day 1.  This is going to be epic.
How did it work out ?

Let me guess, somebody forgot to close the gates on day 2 and nobody got rid of the corpses on day 3 and everybody died on day 4 ?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #38 on: October 31, 2011, 12:24:14 AM

How did it work out ?

Let me guess, somebody forgot to close the gates on day 2 and nobody got rid of the corpses on day 3 and everybody died on day 4 ?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Made it 16 days.  Best I've done in season 3 by far.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: October 31, 2011, 12:59:22 AM

16 days ? Impressive.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: November 15, 2011, 05:09:28 PM

Samwise, you still playing this? 

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #41 on: November 17, 2011, 03:26:58 PM

Yup.  Just started in another meta town.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: November 17, 2011, 03:28:06 PM

Yup.  Just started in another meta town.

Is there a way we can hook up without paying premium pricing?

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #43 on: November 17, 2011, 03:32:10 PM

You don't have to be a "hero" to be in a coalition.  The way it works is you get in a coalition with a hero in it who'll jump the coalition into the agreed-upon town.  Look in the world "saloon" forum for info about "MMJ", that's the thing I'm tagging along with.

(edit: Here.  Too late for the jump that happened yesterday, obviously.  tongue  You also have good odds of getting into the MMJ town if you spawn "randomly" at the agreed-upon time, but being "dragged" via coalition is the ideal method.)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 03:37:02 PM by Samwise »

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: November 17, 2011, 03:48:44 PM

Well I signed it...let me know when you all may jump again.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #45 on: November 22, 2011, 03:09:45 PM

This town found a building called the "grapeboom", built off the vegetable plot, that produces water bombs each day the same way the plot produces vegetables.

We have a fully upgraded watchtower and NO zombies visible anywhere on the map.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS  Shame that doesn't put any sort of dent in the nightly attack.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #46 on: November 27, 2011, 08:14:44 PM

Day 12, only 3 deaths so far.  The attacks are starting to get to the point where we're going to have a hard time keeping the zombies out; right now we've got 1027 defense and tomorrow's forecast is for between 1150 and 1675 zombies.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #47 on: November 30, 2011, 12:11:23 PM

Day 14... looks like we're due for our first breach tonight.

We reckon that tomorrow's attack will involve somewhere between :
2650 and 3025 zombies

ACK!

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 13, 2011, 06:11:21 AM

Very poor in-game documentation and feedback, and it's clear that the developers either don't understand how human beings operate or they don't want the game to be "winnable" without extremely heavy metagaming.

Most striking example is the city building -- you have a bunch of people contributing resources to the bank and trying to save up for a workshop, and as far as I can tell, one jackass can burn all those resources by starting construction on some other (useless) building.  It's probably not even malicious; that "build" button shows up once the resources are present to build something, and it's inevitable that a new player is going to click it without knowing that they're boning the town.  Stupid.  And such an obvious solution -- let people earmark their donated resources for a specific project.

Sounds like a social experiment.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Will you "Die2Nite?"  
Jump to: