Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:28:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Non-League Sparring Games 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Non-League Sparring Games  (Read 14637 times)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #35 on: January 31, 2011, 07:03:01 PM

The specific scenario I was thinking of was two teams conspiring to let their linemen get blasted repeatedly, both teams get lots of SPP, and just making sure they have money to buy fresh permanent linemen before importing. So linemen might not be very developed, but the positional players would be advanced, thereby skirting the TV limit.

I would hope it wouldn't be an issue, but who knows... why so serious?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: January 31, 2011, 08:23:01 PM

The specific scenario I was thinking of was two teams conspiring to let their linemen get blasted repeatedly, both teams get lots of SPP, and just making sure they have money to buy fresh permanent linemen before importing. So linemen might not be very developed, but the positional players would be advanced, thereby skirting the TV limit.

I would hope it wouldn't be an issue, but who knows... why so serious?

Yes, neither a games played limit or a TV limit would counter that. Personally I doubt anyone around here would be both sketchy AND industrious enough to bother. However, a simple enough solution would just be to require that coaches who want to have the chance of moving their teams into the real league keep replays of all that team's games. If a team comes in with suspiciously crazy SPP totals then a simple review of one or two replays should make it fairly obvious whether it was the result of luck, skill, or collusion.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: February 01, 2011, 11:33:40 AM

The 2.0.1.1 patch seems to have gone up today, on Steam at least (Yay!  Last patch took quite a while to trickle through to Steam).  So this private matchmaking thing is ready for business.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Most of the other stuff seems like just bugfixy type stuff: http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=27227

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #38 on: February 01, 2011, 12:10:24 PM

Did they fix the bug that causes my catchers to die every time somebody touches them?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #39 on: February 01, 2011, 12:29:32 PM

Ok so, honeslty, I am strongly against a feeder League. I like that we can do some side matchmaking, but I really don't like the idea of teams that have garnered experience elsewhere to get into the main League. We all started from scratch, so this feels like betraying the spirit. At the same time, I am not gonna impose my preferences, so I propose that you all vote for my preferences to be imposed for the sake of appearances.

More seriously, I am hereby changing the Main League rules so that new teams will be allowed in Season #4 with UP TO 1250 TV. Eventually, based on experience, we'll raise that cap for S#5 and so on.

Mind, for no reason any team in the f13 League(s) can play any match outside of the Main or the Feeder League. Should any of your teams ever play a game outside the f13 Leagues, said team would be instantly kicked out of any competition and declared ineligible forever.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #40 on: February 01, 2011, 12:31:51 PM

Did they fix the bug that causes my catchers to die every time somebody touches them?

Hopefully not until after next week.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Strazos

Reply #41 on: February 01, 2011, 01:43:09 PM

More seriously, I am hereby changing the Main League rules so that new teams will be allowed in Season #4 with UP TO 1250 TV. Eventually, based on experience, we'll raise that cap for S#5 and so on.

Just making sure I understand this - teams currently in the league that are rated above 1250 TV will be forced to cut players to get under the cap? Won't this bring most teams back down to almost-scratch?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: February 01, 2011, 01:46:32 PM

I think hes talking about New teams Strazos. The teams in the league with 12637 TV will be allowed to stay and slaughter.

Hic sunt dracones.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #43 on: February 01, 2011, 01:48:33 PM

Yeah, that's only for teams from the matchmaking league.  It doesn't affect teams that have gained their TV from the season 2+ leagues.  At least that's how I read it.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: February 01, 2011, 01:50:45 PM

Absolutely. Teams coming from the Feeder League will be capped at 1250 when/if they join the Main League. Teams already in the Main League won't be dumbed down.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #45 on: February 01, 2011, 01:53:42 PM

What about current teams under 1250  why so serious?

Ohhhhh, I see.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: February 04, 2011, 11:59:13 PM

If you finish the season below 1250 (a couple finished below 1000 last season), I don't see any reason not let people drop from the main league and join the feeder league as soon as you get knocked out of any playoffs.

If the last time is anything to go by there will be at least a month of fucking about before S IV gets started.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: February 05, 2011, 01:25:25 PM

Falc, is it obvious when someone apps with a new team to this league, or is it a better idea to get your attention somehow if we add a team to the matchmaker league? (if yes, consider this me getting your attention about adding a new team to the mm league.)

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: February 05, 2011, 07:32:41 PM

I check for new teams at least twice a day, do not worry. Everyone has been accepted now.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #49 on: February 05, 2011, 11:55:05 PM

Played a game with the Blood Buckets Chaos team tonight in the feeder league and got beat 2-0 by Vampires, but it wasn't a bad beating. Fucking beastmen started well, but ended the game dropping balls left and right. My minotaur did manage to inflict two casualties but didn't get MVP. No, that went to the one beastman who did fuckall before getting killed. God-damnit. Having STR 4 on a number of players but did I ever miss having someone with block.

Strazos

Reply #50 on: February 06, 2011, 08:42:21 AM

Yeah, Chaos are hard to start with; you have to block very selectively since you have no block.

Fear the Backstab!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: February 08, 2011, 06:01:55 PM

Played a high TV match with AndyDavo, Skaven v Dark Elves. It was a case of nuffle against skill, with the Dark Elves running in to score on the final turn and make it 2-2.

Fun game. I played poorly but got some breaks from the dice.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #52 on: February 09, 2011, 07:22:18 AM

spinning now in feeder league.

Edit:

Played 2 games in public league.

Ogres are hilarious, was playing vs human and got like 6 casualties (none permanent).

Khemri vs Lizards was hardish and skinks are very slippery...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 09:03:22 AM by Llyse »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Non-League Sparring Games  
Jump to: