Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:11:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#3 - Game Day #3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#3 - Game Day #3  (Read 57497 times)
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #105 on: January 26, 2011, 07:42:50 PM

Regarding that you should also consider letting Falc know of your time in case he's request to reset your match to replay due to connection issues
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: January 26, 2011, 07:47:15 PM

Regarding that you should also consider letting Falc know of your time in case he's request to reset your match to replay due to connection issues

No replay issues, haven't even been able to start the game. :(
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: January 27, 2011, 02:21:29 AM

Who invited who? Last season i couldn't invite anyone without it failing...this season I forwarded the ports and have had no problems inviting the other player.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: January 27, 2011, 02:30:11 AM

Who invited who? Last season i couldn't invite anyone without it failing...this season I forwarded the ports and have had no problems inviting the other player.

Tried both, no luck either way.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #109 on: January 27, 2011, 05:12:47 AM

How do you have them setup? I forwarded them the way I normally forward ports and how it's listed in the Port Forwarding instructions and I still can't start games. Everyone has to invite me.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: January 27, 2011, 06:08:59 AM

I have to go .10 for first machine, .11 for the second. If it matters.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #111 on: January 27, 2011, 02:51:21 PM

Hopefully my game will get done in the next 72 hours but there just hasn't be a lot of available time + 8 hour time difference is a bitch.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: January 27, 2011, 03:39:39 PM

I've got my match scheduled for Sunday (due to yet another 8-hour difference), so everyone who hasn't played their match yet can hide behind us as the slowpokes.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: January 28, 2011, 12:41:35 AM

Silver Horde 1 - 1 Scarlet and Gray

Silver Horde kick off, with a perfectly placed back corner kick, and roll up a blitz. Ball carrier gets sacked before S&G can gain control, Big Nurker and Ghenghiz Cohen combine to secure the ball and Cohen runs in the early TD.

Rest of the first half has the Orcs held around the scrimmage line, but can't find a hole. In the process 6 norse guys get KO'd, but happily no injuries.

Second half is a repeat with the Horde holding the ball, S&G holding the line. But the Orcs steadily wearing down the Norse team through more KOs, and the loss of Detritus the Yhetee (Badly Hurt), together with an almighty fuckup where the entire Norse team were too drunk to notice it was their turn till there were about 20 seconds left (I WAS ROLEPLAYING YOU SEE) - in their haste, the Norse team did some daft overambitious stuff and would have been better off skipping the whole turn. Over the course of the half the Horde were slowly losing control of the line and lost the ball with just a couple of turns left. Ghenghiz Cohen did have a shot at holding the win on the last turn if he had completed the pickup after a heroic blitzing triple dodge + 1 die block + GFI action with zero rerolls. But fuck BBs pickup rules. S&G end the game by deservedly drawing level with a turn 16 TD.

Gheghiz Cohen, the Norse Beserker was clearly Silver Horde's MVP, but the award inexplicably went to Eric Stronginthearm, who had been largely anonymous but has now reached level 2 anyway. The S&G MVP was Varag Ghoul-Chewer, a star player already being paid 290000 gold for the match and so the MVP is unfortunately no use whatsoever to Hoax, though S&G's Black Orc Big Mean And Ugly did reach level 2 from his casualty points. Both teams will be at full strength for the next match.

In all, the early TD cancelled out against some dodgy second half play by the norse team for a draw.

Also of note, 10 KOs (9 of which were inflicted by S&G), but only one casualty (Detritus badly hurt). Silver Horde made 11 dodges (to S&G's zero of zero attempts). I don't think I've played a match in either season where the Silver Horde have blocked less or dodged more.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 03:44:59 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #114 on: January 28, 2011, 07:50:37 AM

Wow, MVP should not be able to go to a merc or star player!
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #115 on: January 28, 2011, 08:47:47 AM

*ahem* facing a team with superior firepower (ST4 on 3, two wolves and one random fuck, we'll get to him in a moment and ST5 on a big guy) not to mention 9 with block (including two of the ST4) meant even with the mighty Ghoul Chewer I was in for a tough one with only four blocks and three ST4's plus the Chewer ST4 + block. Receiving to start the game there were essentially two options. Hold a strong line in the center making sure I had good blocks hopefully to destroy a norse or three before they had a chance to react. Or nothing. It was strong center all the way in my book. Against norse with their plentiful access to frenzy I didn't want to get orcs pinned near the sidelines so I would have to give up the extreme flanks and hopefully crush on the line then create a pocket in the middle and take on all the humie scum as they came. As I set up I looked at the wings and thought boy a blitz would be problematic...  well fuck.

From there in my view essentially everything that could go just right for the norse. Did. Essentially though the free touchdown I handed them all comes back to that stupid random norse with ST4. I am setup to get Troy the thrower out of my endzone when I suddenly realize that a block I need that should be 2 dice is only 1, confused I recount assists and then realize, THIS RANDOM FUCKING NORSE IS LEVEL 27 AND HAS ST4! Downhill from there. End up needing a 1 die against block to get the thrower out on a blitz. Skull. Skull. Fuck me sir, have a touchdown.

The blitz was going to fuck me no matter what and I think I'd lay odds on him scoring once it was rolled but it would have been nice to not have everything go so south so early.

I then proceed to block the everliving shit out of the horde. I mean I was smashing faces in left and right. Not a single goddamn injury. I ended the half with it must have been six KO'd on the norse side. Four of which promptly get up. Luckily Scarlet and Gray aren't the type to give up or stop stomping faces. So despite whatever eldrich steroids and special brew the norse had used that made them immune to damage I still concussed their whole damn team. AGAIN. For the second time and managed to get my touchdown.

Worst injury dice ever.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 08:50:27 AM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #116 on: January 28, 2011, 09:43:02 AM

Wow, MVP should not be able to go to a merc or star player!

Oh, didn't you know? Nuffle issued a specific decree to make sure MVP ALWAYS goes to mercs, star players and most of all dead blokes.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: January 28, 2011, 10:14:00 AM

THIS RANDOM FUCKING NORSE IS LEVEL 27 AND HAS ST4!

I don't know why but I keep laughing like an idiot every time I read this.
By the way, the guy is the infamous Truckle the Uncivil, one of the most popular players in the League. He gets all the girls with his fancy fur speedo and a penchant for crippling enemies.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: January 28, 2011, 10:59:01 AM

Truckle the Uncivil is away in our Hubward retreat, having his injuries tended by the Silver Horde's squad of carefully selected Bloodweiser Valkyries. He will be back hoovering up all the MVPs from Day 4.

Hoax is referring to Immortal Jenkins, a recent hire and thrower by trade. He picked up a TD against Rebourne's Wrestlers last game - this inspired him to such a degree that his extreme training regime has pushed him up to STR4.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 11:03:00 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #119 on: January 28, 2011, 02:04:28 PM

How have people not killed more of your players? They are Armor 7 damn it. What dark gods have you contracted with?

Also, if you had had two ST4 randoms on the field I might have cried a team with three ST4 + block players with decent move is just too much. I think that your TV reflected you having him, in which case I say that the inducement system is just not at all enough and I feel much more sympathy for underdog teams.

-William Gibson
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #120 on: January 28, 2011, 02:32:00 PM

I am very sad that I did not give my players funny names; I didn't know better, and went with random pre-genned names.

Also, I can explain how more Norse have not died - we typically punch people in the face and get them off the field before our armor breaks down...random lucky fouls aside. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: January 28, 2011, 03:27:52 PM

The Silver Horde are known for their extensive experience in the field of not dying. Their TV is up to a worrying 1650.

Touching wood desperately now, but none have fallen since the beginning of the f13 league. Old Vincent does suffer from a gammy knee if that makes you feel any better.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: January 28, 2011, 04:17:13 PM

I'd just like to point out that Norseman Az the Mad, formerly of Team Strazoz, is currently very happy on my roster. Really...  Ohhhhh, I see.

Hic sunt dracones.
Strazos

Reply #123 on: January 28, 2011, 06:36:56 PM

Just give him beer and babes - worked for me...though blood and brains may now be in order. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #124 on: January 28, 2011, 09:34:03 PM

Bloodweiser babe brains, if such things exist.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #125 on: January 29, 2011, 01:12:55 PM

This screenshot pretty much sums up my experience of my game vs IainC today, though he did score another touchdown in the last turn of the game for a 0 - 2 victory.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #126 on: January 29, 2011, 01:19:19 PM

Xuri and I played our game just now. I have to feel bad for Xuri as the game can't have been much fun for him. I opted to receive and the usual scrimmage line brawl developed. Things were looking a bit dicey for me as the Werewolf and Yehtee combined with the general bashiness of an experienced Norse team looked to be getting the best of things. I lobbed the ball upfield to a receiver in a tacklezone, Xuri failed the interception, I made the catch and the subsequent dodge to score an early TD four turns in. For the rest of the half I sat back and broke any Norse who crossed the halfway line. In fact this policy worked so well that not only did I prevent Xuri from equalising but, when I kicked to him at the start of the second half I was only facing 7 Norsemen.

The second half kickoff result was a blitz and I got a linesman under the ball and enough of a screen to save him from getting bundled. The fact that Xuri had no spare bodies definitely helped here. The Norse got a blitz on the ball carrier but only managed a push. I easily blitzed the Norse tackler away in my turn and got the ball carrier safe just a few squares short of the end-zone. From there it was a depressing tale if you were a Norse fan. The Dark Elves used their numerical superiority and the blades of the Assassins to pile in on a team that had already been beaten. By the last turn of the game the Norse injury bench looked like this:

I threw a last, ineffective blitz against the only Norse standing and one of only three still on the pitch then walked in the second and final TD.

Sorry to Xuri who didn't do anything wrong but just never seemed to be in the game. He did have appalling luck on Wild Animal rolls for his Yehtee - I think he only made two or three all game before it went to go have a nap some time around turn 12. On the other hand he threw a few one dice and two dice against blocks that all worked out for him. The game is being uploaded to BB manager as we speak.

Edit: According to BB manager he made 7/14 Wild Animal rolls which is exactly average. I got through his armour 14 times out of 30 rolls while he had 34 rolls against my armour but only broke through 12 times. He failed 2/3 KO rolls while I made both of the rolls I had to take. Other than that, the dice were fairly even. I didn't fail any of the eight dodge rolls I made in the match while the Norse Block dice were more effective than the Elven ones (59% success as opposed to my 43%) despite my average dice per block being marginally higher.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 01:35:29 PM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #127 on: January 29, 2011, 02:00:19 PM

7/14 is quite a lot worse than average if a reasonable number of blocks/blitzes were in there.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #128 on: January 29, 2011, 02:22:42 PM

I tried not to leave him with an open Block so he'd have been burning blitzes for the most part if he wanted to have the 2+ WI roll. A lot of the failed rolls in the first half were while the Yehtee was on the floor. According to the log, the Yehtee combined WI with block three times and succeeded on all of those. So, 3/3 on a 2+, 4/11 on a 4+ which is marginally worse than average but not massively so. The main problem was that a lot of them were failed consecutively so the Yehtee stood around doing nothing for significant chunks of the match.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: January 29, 2011, 02:33:42 PM

Man, that's brutal.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: January 29, 2011, 05:54:34 PM

4 games to go, 4 days to go. Come on, lazy asses!

Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: January 30, 2011, 12:26:58 PM

Strongman 2 - Underwood Swedgins 0

The Orcs collected another win, and getting a few skillups.

The match started with me recieving. and the usual LoS bash revving up. At one point I managed to get all but a mummy on the ground. It was all in all a pretty fair match; Ceres lost two guys out early on, which he never really recovered from. This allowed me to pretty much control the flow of the game. Also a pretty unlucky dodge roll, made the ball pop free and I got to run it home for 2 - 0.

All in all a good game, with both of us losing a guy for next match.

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: January 30, 2011, 04:57:19 PM

It is looking increasingly likely that Cad and My game will not happen. I've tried going to a friend were I can access the router and forward everything, without any success.
Strazos

Reply #133 on: January 30, 2011, 05:01:40 PM

Didn't you play last season? Have you both tried hosting the game, or opening the ports, or just bypassing the router?

Fear the Backstab!
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: January 30, 2011, 06:41:13 PM

Well, Lamaros, and I got our game finished.  3 - 0 in favor of the Skaven.  His team performed quite admirably with some KO's in the first round, or two.  He also scored a kill on a Wight and a Skeleton.  The rats were dodging machines, as always.

The Undead couldn't accomplish squat.  My hopes were raised on turn three, or four, when his thrower failed a pass attempt, and I got a hand on the ball, but I couldn't capitalize on it.  I did manage a couple of KO's, but just couldn't get anything going until the last two turns when my Mummies finally woke up, and put some rats in the dirt.

Overall, the Undead are really uninspiring so far as a team, in my opinion.  Could also be that I just suck terribly.  I also have a theory that the game is self-aware, and actively hates me.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: January 30, 2011, 07:09:23 PM

Didn't you play last season? Have you both tried hosting the game, or opening the ports, or just bypassing the router?

In the end we got it to work, I think by Cad disabling his router. Unfortunately the game didn't choose to reward Cad for his hard work and patience in getting the game to be played.

3 - 0 to the Skabine in the end. An odd scoreline for what was a pretty close game for most of it.

I got lucky early, KOing two players in my first turn and then killing (failed regen roll) a Wight shortly after. I mishandled the ball on a throw and it was in contention for a bit, but I managed to pull it out and then throw safely before running it in. Cad couldn't manage to return score before the half ended, though I went in with 3 KOed and two sitting off the field.

I managed to pull all the players back for the second half and Cad caged his whole team in the middle of the pitch. I managed to use pushes to get the ball carrier in range for a hit and spill and it ended up with e Skeleton. From there it went back and forth in the middle for a while before the ball rolled loose enough for a Gutter Runner to pick it up and run in a score. I scored rather than play for time in the hope of getting a 3rd and nuffle smiled on me with some catch and throw rolls for Cad going my way, a GR getting the ball and running in on the 16th turn.

Cad's luck with injury rolls wasn't awful, but it wasn't great either, while mine was pretty good. We both injured one and killed one but I got them when it made a bigger difference, and I managed to use the Apoth to save Rhomulus while Cad failed both regen rolls. Just looked at the stats and it was 9 injury rolls to 24, with me getting 2KO, 2 INJ and Cad getting 5 KO and 2 INJ. Actually, that is pretty awful for him. I really got away with something given the number of hits against AV7 and the Mummies on his team.

Some nice SPP for me with 3 TDs and two DEATHS! caused, and all the GRs will be one level up when Falc verifies the game. And I have enough to buy a Rat Ogre now too, after rolling 6 with the winnings.

The dice might not show much but it was one of those games that went well when it needed to for me, and kicked Cad in the pants before going easy when it was already over.

Thank golly Rohmulus didn't die in the end. He's one of the biggest brutes in the league with 10 knockdowns, 1 killed and one maimed.

C'est la nuffle.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 07:24:00 PM by lamaros »
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: January 30, 2011, 07:13:28 PM

Offsidhes 3 - 0 Huhnqua Huhnqua Burninluv

Replay Here

I have no words for this match, it was bizarre.  Lizards would get my elf alone, surrounded by burly dinosaurs on all sides, and I'd somehow make a pass to an unguarded elf who'd run up the field and score.  Don't know if I got an unnesescarily high number of successes overall, but it seemed like every critical roll went well for me.  Match highlights include me misclicking a tackle on my ball carrier causing a turnover, giving it to a skink, who failed a pass and dropped it.  Which was sort of the theme for the game.  I'd screw up (left five elves on the LOS on the first turn, for example), dice would save me.  Drogg would try something reasonable, and the dice would kick him in the gourd.  Edit: also, a turn 8 touchdown with my runner blowing through two tackle zones and a double GFI.

It wasn't all sunshine and flowers, though.  Of note, my catchers came back to the game after their recuperating, and one was immediately sent back to the hospital, now nursing both -1 STR and -1 MA penalties.  Additionally, my Blitzer, Lendalthalas Silverleaf, suffered a broken collarbone, loosing a point to strength, and will have to be cut from the team.  And another lineman went down with a gouged eye.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 07:29:55 PM by Kail »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: January 30, 2011, 10:00:30 PM

I happened to watch a bit of Teleku and NiX's game. Tele continues to have some amazing luck with rolls this season for a man with two re-rolls. Rolled about 10 GFIs and 15 Dodges in the first two turns, not to mention picking up the ball in tackle zones. Anyone else would have turned the ball over on half of those moves.

Tele.. I dunno what you were doing, but you dodged when you should have leapt and leapt when you should have dodged a fair few times it seems. Leaping ignores tacklezones, dodging doesn't. A couple of times you dodged through several tacklezones when you could have leapt past them. Especially with your second score where you leapt on 3+ to get the ball, then dodged two or three times, once through a tacklezone. You could have dodged once at 2+ and then leapt once at 3+ and saved yourself a bunch of rolls.

Also Falc I just noticed that the result between Cad and I isn't showing up on the League Calendar. This is a bit odd as it always has before, even before you verify it. We had a bit of trouble in the second half where I lost connection for a moment or two, I hope it hasn't stuffed the game entirely. Kailas and Drogg's game is showing.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 10:09:01 PM by lamaros »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: January 30, 2011, 11:24:38 PM

Also Falc I just noticed that the result between Cad and I isn't showing up on the League Calendar. This is a bit odd as it always has before, even before you verify it. We had a bit of trouble in the second half where I lost connection for a moment or two, I hope it hasn't stuffed the game entirely. Kailas and Drogg's game is showing.

I can't validate! Your match is NOT showing! I don't know why, first time ever! If you both agree I can put on an artificial 3-0 result, you both got money and som SPPs out of it but all injuries and extra SPPs are lost. Or you can re-play the game. I am sorry, as I said, first time this happens in more than 100 total League matches.

Let me know.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #139 on: January 30, 2011, 11:27:14 PM

So now we're only missing AndyDavo vs Ginaz? it would be nice if those two posted more so that we know they aren't MIA.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#3 - Game Day #3  
Jump to: