Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:49:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season #2 - Individual Awards 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season #2 - Individual Awards  (Read 3421 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: January 21, 2011, 01:08:31 AM

This should have been the conclusion of the Season #2 thread but to prevent extreme bumping, I am putting it here. It has the double purpose of celebrating S#2 heroes, and to give new coaches an idea of the big names they are going to face in S#3. Remember, this is not just for show: the players you see here are actually the most experienced at what they do, have good SP, skills, and are the lucky charms of their coaches, meaning they will always be the focus of an action, and they would cause emotional distress if injured or killed. So while these guys and girls are getting an acknowledgement today, they are officially reserving themselves a spot in anyone's crosshair. Watch out for these true badasses.

* Season #2 Individual Awards *

Most Experienced Player: Sowarg Whitmane (Necco Waivers, Coach Avaia)

Sowarg is the only player in Season #2 that reached level 4, and as a consequence will be the ONLY player starting Season #3 at level 4. He's a werewolf with Strip Ball, Dodge and Block, he scored 6 TD (best in the League) and injured 2 players. He's easily the League MVP, just one step ahead of the amazing Calvin & Hobbes duo from the League runner up Alive Not Dead team.

Best Scorer: Sowarg Whitmane (Necco Waivers, Coach Avaia)

Again, Sowarg Whitmane ruled this category. It's fair to say that he got the most of his TD in a lucky game where he scored 4, but his overall class has only be held behind by his team, not always on par with his performances and unable to snag a place in the playoffs. Calvin and Hobbes are here too, hell of a pair, but the underdog hero is Mal'sila, a wood elf wardancer that managed to score 5 TD (and 3 receptions) in what has been a very hard season for his team. She's only level 2, but definitely a player to keep your eyes on.

Most Violent: Brian the Tyrant (Necco Waivers, Coach Avaia)

Brian is a true enforcer. He's a level 2 wight who didn't score, didn't run, didn't do much other than crippling opponents. He sent 6 (in 7 games) to an emergency visit with the apothecary, an unparalleled feat which earned him the title of Most Violent Player of S#2. He has the Frenzy skill, and apparently he made good use of it. The runner up is As the Mad, Strazos' heroic lineman who injured 5 players (in 8 games).

Best Killer: Calvin the Menace (Alive not Dead, Coach Llyse)

Finally an award for what has probably been the best player all around in Season #2, outclassed only by the crazy achievements of Avaia's Sowarg, and by a weak post-season. Calvin is a level 3 werewolf with Block and Dodge, he scored 5 TD (in 7 games), injured 4 players, received one pass, ran 118 yards and most important of all is the only player in the whole League who killed 2 opponents. His impact on every game is just terrific and a few points short of level 4 only Nuffle knows what this player will be able to achieve in S#3. Definitely one of the best 3 players in the whole League.

Best Runner: Sowarg Whitmane (Necco Waivers, coach Avaia)

Again, Sowarg Whiteman snags it. With 206 yards ran in 7 games (29.4 per game), 14 more than Hobbes the Tiger's 192 (in 9 games, 21.3) he's the unstoppable king of running. Werewolves are the best at this, it's a known fact, but Sowarg set a new standard for the role. Will the new coaches be able to deal with such a powerhouse, and will the strategies change in S#3 to try and contain the dominating running game of the Werewolves? Sowarg gets his 3rd award and leaves everyone else to worry about it.

Best Thrower: Naeltor (Hazardous Hippies, Coach Teleku)

It's not a surprise that a Wood Elf gets the Best Thrower award, but Naeltor is only level 2 and his extra skill is just Leader. And it has to be this true leadership spirit that led him to deliver 8 passes, 2 more than the High Elf runner-up Daugorathion Lanlynnsel, and his inconsistent team to get a few points to close the regular season with a honourable 5th place in Group A. And that's not all, cause Naeltor got the next and way more important award too...

Best Thrower (Yards): Naeltor (Hazardous Hippies, Coach Teleku)

Everyone can throw a football, but not many can connect for 128 yards in 6 games. It's 21.3 yards passed per game, which is even more amazing if you think that the runner up, Amazon throweress Sylvia Plath, threw nothing more than 11.3 per games (for a total of 68). Naeltor is the king of the passing game, and if he will be supported by some good receivers he could turn the tide of a League which has been so far ruled by running teams.

Best Receiver: Ivan A Bitealot (Morsel, Coach Megrim)

We all know Vampires can cover pretty much any role effectively, and this one decided that he loved to receive passes from anyone on his team. 6 receptions in 8 games are better than any elf, high, wood, pro or whatever, could even dream. Ivan is an awesome player all around though, he's level 3, has Block and a nifty +1 Movement Allowance and in S#2 he managed to score 3 TD (9th overall), injure 3 players (9th overall), knock out 7, pass for 28 yards and run for 178 (3rd overall). In short, he's a beast.
Runner up is the High Elf Veassen Malyatinu, a catcher from Pointy Hat Squad, which got 5, while his teammate and other catcher Lanlaithion Norosume' got 4. 9 receptions for this pair didn't save the High Elf team from a disappointing season, but both these catchers are experienced enough to be a thorn in the side of any defense in S#3.

Best Interceptor: Rhasscaeon Augdirdar (Pointy Hat Squad, Coach Proudft)

Interceptors didn't shine at all in S#2, so the award goes to the only player who was at the right place at the right time, High Elf Thrower Rhasscaeon Augdirdar took one for the team, and one for himself. Good job, buddy.

Summary:

Most Experienced Player: Sowarg Whitmane (Necco Waivers, coach Avaia)
Runner up: Hobbes the Tiger (Alive not Dead, Coach Llyse)

Best Scorer: Sowarg Whitmane (Necco Waivers, coach Avaia)
Runner up: Calvin the Menace (Alive not Dead, Coach Llyse)

Most Violent: Brian the Tyrant (Necco Waivers, Coach Avaia)
Runner up: As the Mad (Diplomatic Immunity, Coach Strazos)

Best Killer: Calvin the Menace (Alive not Dead, Coach Llyse)
Runner up: no one

Best Runner: Sowarg Whitmane (Necco Waivers, coach Avaia)
Runner up: Hobbes the Tiger (Alive not Dead, Coach Llyse)

Best Thrower: Naeltor (Hazardous Hippies, Coach Teleku)
Runner up: Daugorathion Lanlynnsel (Pointy Hat Squad, Coach Proudft)

Best Thrower (Yards): Naeltor (Hazardous Hippies, Coach Teleku)
Runner up: Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar Utd., Coach Falconeer)

Best Receiver: Ivan A Bitealot (Morsel, Coach Megrim)
Runner up: Veassen Malyatinu (Pointy Hat Squad, Coach Proudft)

Best Interceptor: Rhasscaeon Augdirdar (Pointy Hat Squad, Coach Proudft)
Runner up: no one

** Season #2 Overall MVP: Sowarg Whitmane (Necco Waivers, Coach Avaia)

Runner up: Calvin the Menace, (Alive not Dead, Coach Llyse)
2nd Runner up (ex-aequo): Ivan A Bitealot (Morsel, Coach Megrim) - Hobbes the Tiger (Alive not Dead, Coach Llyse)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 01:33:34 AM by Falconeer »

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 01:46:12 AM

Naeltor got MVP in my hilariously screwball tie with Lamaros, and now has the Accurate skill.  So I look forward to dominating those two chart spots in the league, even if my stupid ass keeps losing games consistently.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 02:38:05 AM

That Naeltor really is a lucky mofo. I wonder how long before someone puts a bounty on his flimsy head.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 11:45:42 AM

That Naeltor really is a lucky mofo. I wonder how long before someone puts a bounty on his flimsy head.

I'll add him to the list of Grudges.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 04:10:45 PM

Don't you two play soon? How's that book coming along?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 04:17:20 PM

Don't you two play soon? How's that book coming along?

Game 5 I think? Hopefully I'll pick up Mighty Blow on the Troll Slayers and the other Blitzer by then.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 11:10:39 PM

Other players to target are Comstar's bullshit blitzers...

1. one with +Str
2. one with +Agi
3. one with + MV

DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 08:24:06 AM

Good luck trying to hit those blodgy bitches.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season #2 - Individual Awards  
Jump to: