Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:34:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: A very basic "Getting Started" on IPY2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A very basic "Getting Started" on IPY2  (Read 12823 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

on: January 10, 2011, 08:35:07 AM

First off, you need to register on the forums on www.inporylem.com

I am just going to go over a few basics for when you log into UO - and how you can make yourself more effective.

First off, GET ON VOICE COMMS. We will help you.

I personally use a Belkin Nostromo n52

I map the spells I need to this, as well as having last target and target self, and even macros. But that is getting ahead of myself.

Now you should download Razor - it's a UO assist program. Install UO Automap. Hit next a lot.

When you log into the game, you will first create a character. You should always max out the strength, as it helps your HP, weapon damage, and amount of stuff you can carry. Now, on to selecting your skills. As a new character, you better make a dexer.

50 Healing
49 (weapon skill - Either Swords, Fencing, or Maces)

or

49 Resisting Spells (better in the long haul)

1 Another weapon skill, parrying for a shield maybe.

Ok, now you have named the character and gave him a gay pony tail and you are ready to go! Razor may be overwhelming, but I recommend going into Hotkeys:

Goto Items, and assign a key for Bandage Self.

In UO, go to Options on your paperdoll. On the Mouse button looking tab, Un-check Enable pathfinding. Un-check 'Hold down TAB....' - Check the Always Run thing. And Disable New targeting system.
Eyeball menu: Find a good speech color you like. The resolution you should change in Razor (under More Options).
UO menu: Check use circle of transparency.

Head to the bank! Bank all your gold, and all but a few bandages.

You are ready to head to Vesper to meet up with the guild and begin your training! Head over the Bridge towards the moongate.

Once you find this area, you are at your new home. Head over the bridge to the bank.

Then down to here!

Goto Razor, select - Macros - New

Name it Dummy

Arm a weapon besides your skilled one, then click RECORD

Simply double click the dummy. Click Stop. Right click on the "Double click ####",   and select Special Constructs---Insert Pause/Wait - 5000 MS, hit OK.

Check the loop button. Play. Congrats, you have made your first macro! Watch your skills raise. You are now gaining tactics, which will help your damage with all weapons. You can then arm your mace, and nothing at all to raise wrestling.

This is a good way for some quick basic fighting skills. Another important skill is anatomy, and I just make a very similar macro but it involves using the Anatomy skill on a tamed cat or another player. Anatomy helps your healing skill and weapon damage. Also, hiding is great. You can also AFK macro this...just simply record yourself using the Hiding skill, insert an 11 sec pause, and loop it. Go to bed for the night, go eat dinner, whatever.

This shows you the basics of UO and macroing. On the map, you see above that area is a cemetary. Go kill stuff! Maybe go explore in the woods and hunt small game (make sure to use a bladed item on your prey to skin it and get the meat off it. You can cook/sell it later.

The game is a sandbox, I'll help ya find some fun in it. PM me and we'll get you into the guild, and do it now so i can get ya setup on the forums.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 08:40:37 AM by Slayerik »

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 09:02:27 AM

i assume this is mostly a pre-emptive thing for when IPY goes live? Or is there a general-access beta now for everyone to get in on that I've missed?
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 09:08:28 AM

Sorry, it is a pre-emptive thing. Launch is supposed to be on the 21st.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 09:58:43 AM

So far I was able to resist the temptation... so far....

Will there be a wipe after "launch" ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 10:00:41 AM

I think Az should, like 2 hours into the server launching, just to get it out of the way :P

Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 11:37:19 AM

Damn macroers. I'll join, and level up hiding the old fashioned way; hiding by spacebar :P

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Nyght
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 02:38:02 AM

Yeah, well... since I am destitute and this is free, I might come and bake some bread....

Looking forward to it.     Heart

"Do you know who is in charge here?" -- "Yep."
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 12:37:35 PM

Launch is tomorrow, Friday Feb 11th at 7:00pm EST.

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 08:40:26 AM

My guy is already there working up melee and hiding.

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Hoth
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 11:47:11 AM

Thanks for the writeup, now I have at least a bit of a clue on how to start getting into this game.
I missed it when it was the MMORGP because my dad hammersmashed my dialup modem after seeing the telephone bill when I first got into the internet. It's nice to have a second chance now to experience it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: A very basic "Getting Started" on IPY2  
Jump to: