Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:56:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 ** 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  (Read 163285 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: January 03, 2011, 12:21:45 PM

Ever since this thread got stickied I forget to read it, somehow that section of the forum just doesn't exist when I look at it.

I was wondering why this thread had been deleted for a few days after stickying - the stickies don't stand out for me either.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #141 on: January 03, 2011, 12:29:14 PM

I can unsticky it now that you goons have stopped posting in the old thread.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #142 on: January 03, 2011, 01:26:29 PM

I think it would be so much better to have it unstickied. But thinking of all the crappy MMOs that got a subforum only to end in the graveyard in a week, and considering BB already has 30 people interested and invested for more than three months, I'm wondering if it hasn't earned its own subforum. That would allow better management of threads for scores, standings, match reports, complaints, strategies and whatnot. One behemoth thread for each Season is nice for history but bad for anything else.
Does League of Legends has so many more goons around here playing than Blood Bowl? Honest question.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #143 on: January 03, 2011, 01:31:07 PM

Does League of Legends has so many more goons around here playing than Blood Bowl? Honest question.
It has site admins  why so serious?
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #144 on: January 03, 2011, 01:40:20 PM

It has site admins  why so serious?

It does have a lot of people playing and it also is f2p so anyone interested can jump in with no investment of cash.

re: Season length, I really think with this many first time coaches that shorter is better. I suspect several people will decide by game 3 that they wish they had rolled race xyz or started w/ a different lineup or not gotten that positional killed making a newb mistake. Also a shorter season makes more new coaches and RR'd teams feel less disadvantaged as they are less games behind. Either way though I'll be happy once we get started though it feels like I need a few more months of practice.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #145 on: January 03, 2011, 01:59:11 PM

A subforum would be fun.  I imagine it might be helpful for organizing pre-season play and general tips/strategies for the 30 folks playing.

I'd settle for a normal thread though if that isn't possible.  It seems the stickied thread doesn't grab peoples' attention.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: January 03, 2011, 02:41:51 PM

Subforum would be good.

Hic sunt dracones.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #147 on: January 03, 2011, 03:36:03 PM

Been sparring with Hoax using throwaway teams in Auld League, and playing a Norse SP campaign team.

Fun times, and I don't even have to care when they players' blood gets splattered all over the place. Also lets me see how much I hate having to play passive with elves.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: January 03, 2011, 04:26:33 PM

I will be available for Season 3.

Probably playing Undead, but I'm not entirely sure.  Gotta dust off the game, and see what's what.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 04:49:02 PM by Cadaverine »

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: January 03, 2011, 05:06:34 PM

I think it would be so much better to have it unstickied. But thinking of all the crappy MMOs that got a subforum only to end in the graveyard in a week, and considering BB already has 30 people interested and invested for more than three months, I'm wondering if it hasn't earned its own subforum. That would allow better management of threads for scores, standings, match reports, complaints, strategies and whatnot. One behemoth thread for each Season is nice for history but bad for anything else.

Would probably see more active use than the Minecraft forum at this point (though the server info is stored there).
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #150 on: January 03, 2011, 06:49:20 PM

You want a subforum, you need to take that up with Schild or Trippy.

Unstickied the thread.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: January 03, 2011, 11:29:02 PM

Cadaverine, do you have Legendary Edition? It's probably a silly question but I have to ask.
I'm more than happy to have you back in the League, by the way. Just make sure you have LE.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #152 on: January 04, 2011, 12:38:42 AM

Undead isn't a team in the regular one so...

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: January 04, 2011, 12:49:18 AM

Maybe he thought they "added" new teams as a free patch as they did with Dark Elves. He says he has to "dust off" the game, and I know he used to play one year ago, so I had to ask.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: January 04, 2011, 07:10:26 AM

Reading the boxed game rules (the living rulebook version from pdf) with a cat curled up with me on the sofa, a nice fire crackling in the woodstove; took me right back to my early teens when we played a lot of games and reading rulebooks was just part of the evening.

I guess as one of the newbs I could take the Orcs.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: January 04, 2011, 12:15:21 PM

Cadaverine, do you have Legendary Edition? It's probably a silly question but I have to ask.
I'm more than happy to have you back in the League, by the way. Just make sure you have LE.

Yeah, I have LE.

Speaking of LE, what is with the AI teams starting with 1300 - 1500 points in Single Player?  I tried playing a campaign with the Undead last night, and just got curbstomped by a ~1400 point Undead team.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #156 on: January 04, 2011, 12:18:46 PM

I've started 2 different SP campaigns just to test out various races and haven't had any trouble with the first games. One was High Elves with the first game against I think Khemri (won it 2-1) and the other was a Dwarf Team against the 1250 Norse team, which I won easily at 2-0. The Norse were constantly on their asses. It could have to do with playing against an Undead team. Mine were both on Medium difficulty.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: January 04, 2011, 12:29:06 PM

You go up against higher value teams to start with so you're not just instantly outclassing everyone after a couple matches like in the previous SP I think. Doing it this way lets you actually see what inducements do, etc.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #158 on: January 04, 2011, 01:13:14 PM

Yeah, as you play through the SP campaign that TV difference slowly drips away until after four or five competitions your team's TV is actually higher than your opponents'.

I never felt outclassed, but it may have been luck regarding team match-ups.  The AI wood elf teams were generally the only ones that gave me any amount of trouble.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #159 on: January 04, 2011, 01:31:04 PM

AAaaaaah. *buckles under peer pressure*

Fine, count me in.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: January 04, 2011, 02:33:54 PM

Wow, great 31. This is awesome. But we TOTALLY need 1 more and we have 7 days to find him or her.

Oh, and subforum request has been denied.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: January 04, 2011, 02:36:08 PM

I have a friend who was asking me if I knew a league with a spot, let me see if he is willing to sign up for the forum just to play.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: January 04, 2011, 02:53:22 PM

We'll definitely close signups at 32. If anyone from around here wants to burn Ingmar's friend on the finish line this is the time.

We'll do 4 divisions of 8 teams.
16 teams will be carryovers, 16 will be new.
Each division will have 4 carryover teams and 4 new teams. Randomized, except for the 4 that got to the playoffs in S#2, they will all be in different divisions (these being Strazos, Megrim, Comstar and Llyse).

Regular Season will be 7 matches. Each division will feed 2 teams to the playoffs, which will have only 8 teams (out of 32). Least you will play is 7 matches. Top is 10.

We have our NFL. Nf(13)L

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: January 04, 2011, 02:55:37 PM

I was gonna ditch my elves for a new team - were you assuming all the old people wanted to keep their old teams?
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: January 04, 2011, 02:56:33 PM

I was gonna ditch my elves for a new team - were you assuming all the old people wanted to keep their old teams?

Bring me some skinks.  Lots of skinks.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: January 04, 2011, 03:09:36 PM

Oh yeah I assumed, but of course you can change. :)

We'll split veterans and new players (regardless of teams) the same way though.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: January 04, 2011, 04:01:09 PM

Bring me some skinks.  Lots of skinks.

You wish!  You'll never catch a skink with your bony fingers.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #167 on: January 04, 2011, 04:01:40 PM

I would accept goblins. awesome, for real

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: January 04, 2011, 04:09:54 PM

Yeah, as you play through the SP campaign that TV difference slowly drips away until after four or five competitions your team's TV is actually higher than your opponents'.

I never felt outclassed, but it may have been luck regarding team match-ups.  The AI wood elf teams were generally the only ones that gave me any amount of trouble.

Ah, that makes sense, I suppose.  It's entirely possible that I just suck, though in this instance the dice just hated the holy hell out of me.  I had an injury, a ko, and most of my team on their ass before I got to my first turn.  Heartbreak

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: January 04, 2011, 04:29:24 PM

But that would bring the evil ball and chain dude.  Hate.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: January 04, 2011, 04:54:15 PM

Do we submit our team race etc on the 11th or sooner? Because I still can't choose!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: January 04, 2011, 04:56:44 PM

You all have time until the 11th to decide.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: January 04, 2011, 05:28:14 PM

But that would bring the evil ball and chain dude.  Hate.
Gobbos were wicked fun in the tutorial. I love bubba with his chainsaw, my single favorite (badass) dude thus far.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: January 04, 2011, 05:37:17 PM

If people have decided, it would be useful to start posting what you are playing - since it helps others who want to avoid too many same-race clashes  (though you don't have to do this - I assume Falconeer is encouraging people to play whatever race they want). The potential carryover teams are 3 Norse, 3 Amazon, 2 Necro, 2 Orc, then 1 each of Helf, Delf, Welf, and Vampire - though all the Elfs are probably rerolling for various reasons.

Undead, Dwarf, Skaven, Human, and Lizards are all decent but were unrepresented races last time around.

I'll be rolling with the Silver Horde (Norse) again.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: January 04, 2011, 05:41:17 PM

I think I said it somewhere, but:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  
Jump to: