Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:00:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Interview with Scott "Scorch" Brown of NetDevil 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interview with Scott "Scorch" Brown of NetDevil  (Read 21886 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #35 on: February 02, 2005, 02:30:58 PM

Thank you Tisirin, Pann and the Auto Assault team for the updates.

I'd also like to thank Scott Brown again for his time and his patience.
daveNYC
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 02, 2005, 04:26:01 PM

It wasn't explicitly stated, but there seems to be collision detection in the game.  Yes, no?
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #37 on: February 02, 2005, 06:59:57 PM

If I recall correctly, and I may be off, but...

Yes, there is collision detection.  Yes, you take damage from crashing into walls and other people if you did so hard enough.  Yes, someone can be knocked out of their car.  Yes, you can run them over and have them get caught in your wheels.  Yes, they have rag doll animating that.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #38 on: February 03, 2005, 09:05:22 AM

Quote from: Paelos
They found a way to put boobies on a post apocolyptic car. My rage knows no bounds.

For God's sake people, market something else besides tits. Seriously, it's just becoming more insulting by the month.

Actually, I thought her chest looked rather "meh"....had nice legs though.

On a more serious note, I do agree that, even though it is a successful marketing gimmick, posting a "hawt chick" on your cover is getting kind of old. Firiona Vie of EQ comes to mind....she seemed to gain half a cup size with every expansion.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 03, 2005, 11:00:35 AM

I totally missed the breastage. Where is it? In some screenshots on the official website. (Before you yell at me - I can't read apparently)

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Mi_Tes
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 03, 2005, 11:23:18 AM

Btw, anyone else planning on attending the IRC chat tonight?  An Auto Assault t-shirt would be nice.  ;)

Time: 9 EST / 8 CST / 6 PST
IRC server: irc.gamesnet.net
Channel: #gamergod

We never do anything half-assed, with us its either full-ass or no-ass!
To win is not always a victory, to lose not always a failure.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #41 on: February 03, 2005, 01:05:25 PM

Only if the T-shirt has major boobage on it.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
WayAbvPar

Reply #42 on: February 03, 2005, 01:10:22 PM

I would prefer if the T-shirt had major boobage IN it.

I won't be home in time to join the chat- can someone cut and paste my questions from earlier? That would be greeeeaaaat.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Mi_Tes
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: February 03, 2005, 01:11:42 PM

Boobage IN the shirt works better.  ;)

Besides, out of all the shirts at E3, AA had the coolest ones - lots o' flames (a little like Orange County Choppers).

We never do anything half-assed, with us its either full-ass or no-ass!
To win is not always a victory, to lose not always a failure.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #44 on: February 03, 2005, 01:25:58 PM

Quote from: Mi_Tes

Boobage IN the shirt works better.  ;)

Besides, out of all the shirts at E3, AA had the coolest ones - lots o' flames (a little like Orange County Choppers).

I've seen plenty of major boobage IN gamer shirts before. From guys.

Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: February 03, 2005, 01:34:07 PM

must...not...post grief...image.

Hell, just google "man boobs" and grief yourself.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #46 on: February 03, 2005, 01:35:26 PM

You 're a  horny little monkey today, aren't you?  You're sexing up everyone's threads!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #47 on: February 03, 2005, 02:01:57 PM

Quote from: Signe

You 're a  horny little monkey today, aren't you?  You're sexing up everyone's threads!

Yes, well work is boring. And its Thursday. And it's 39 and raining.

So yeah, boobs take my mind off that. Not the manboobs though, blech.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #48 on: February 03, 2005, 06:50:36 PM

Quote from: Mesozoic
must...not...post grief...image.

Hell, just google "man boobs" and grief yourself.

Aww, you almost WTFBBQPWNED the thread.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #49 on: February 04, 2005, 08:18:56 AM

Went looking for log of chat, since I was playing EQ2 last night.  The finally posted it...

Log Here

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
WayAbvPar

Reply #50 on: February 04, 2005, 09:07:28 AM

A lot of cheerleading and not a bunch of specifics yet in the dev chat. Enough to keep my interested, but not nearly enough to convert me to drooling fanboi just yet.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
schild
Administrator

Reply #51 on: February 04, 2005, 09:09:07 AM

My question (in the dev chat) got softballed.

Edit: And yes, I was interested in seeing if they've taken major precautions on what will be a new grief tactic.
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: February 04, 2005, 10:29:48 AM

Quote from: schild
My question (in the dev chat) got softballed.

Edit: And yes, I was interested in seeing if they've taken major precautions on what will be a new grief tactic.

Grief tactics?  Like micro-type?

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
Tisirin
Developers

Cartoon Network

Reply #53 on: February 07, 2005, 12:54:57 PM

Scorch would like to clarify that while you will take collision damage, it is not possible to knock someone out of his car. The part about the rag doll animation(s) is correct - NPC infantry can be affected by your tires.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #54 on: February 07, 2005, 06:28:59 PM

NPC infantry can be affected by your tires.

Ha.  Affected.  Nice.

We could probably get a few f13.net peeps in the Denver area together for a Saturday to play an alpha/beta of the game, NetDevil willing,  if Schild wants to put it together from Maryland.  I'm not one for planning.  Or journalism.  Or leaving my apartement.

But I would very much like to affect some infantry with my tires.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: February 08, 2005, 05:08:22 AM

The screenshots still make this game look like 'micro machines'.

They've never got over the time they released a picture of a car attacking a giant beetle. Only the screen made it look like a normal beetle and a tiny car.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
schild
Administrator

Reply #56 on: February 17, 2005, 02:33:10 PM

Auto Assault beta signups have begun.
WayAbvPar

Reply #57 on: February 17, 2005, 02:49:35 PM

TY for the link. My CoH info was still in there, so it was painless.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #58 on: February 17, 2005, 04:34:16 PM

TY for the link. My CoH info was still in there, so it was painless.

Same, I said I was volunteer for a game site though.  Wonder how that will pan out.

Schild, get us in!
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #59 on: February 18, 2005, 09:19:08 AM

Yeah, it still kept my info from my old CoH sub...  just like SOE did for my EQ/SWG subs when going into EQ2.

Nice to see more companies that are with it enough to be able to offer more than one product.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: February 21, 2005, 02:48:42 PM

http://www.killerbetties.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=115

We are trying to make the game as accessible as possible. We are using a variety of controls including keyboard, mouse, game pad, joystick and wheel to allow players to find the controls that they like best. You are moving while firing, so Auto Assault does take some getting used to. I have always liked the design mantra of "Easy to learn, but difficult to master."

That's pretty impressive in my mind. Most games seem to have a hard time going beyond the keyboard/mouse combo. Being able to use a steering wheel controller instead of WASD to drive would be so much more fun. If there's a lot of stuff to click on using a mouse, using a wheel could be more of a pain though.
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: March 24, 2005, 03:50:59 PM

There is a new gameplay video that came out on the 23rd.

See -> autoassault_ot_pc2_wm.zip at
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/autoassault/downloads/

The T&A of the Tomb Raider avatar in the video is a little over the top to say the least.

And I'll take the black van kthx.
Lanei
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: March 24, 2005, 04:09:52 PM

There is a new gameplay video that came out on the 23rd.

See -> autoassault_ot_pc2_wm.zip at
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/autoassault/downloads/

*drool* me wants.

The T&A of the Tomb Raider avatar in the video is a little over the top to say the least.

Meh.  Less so than some other games.  Compares favorably to some things you can wear in EQ1 even..  not even close to lineage2 levels.

At least it sort of makes sense that she isn't wearaing anything with armor value, she's got a car for that.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Interview with Scott "Scorch" Brown of NetDevil  
Jump to: