Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:56:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: The Cataclysm Handy Hints Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Cataclysm Handy Hints Thread  (Read 18764 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: December 21, 2010, 11:29:08 AM

Don't buy your 7th GB slot with someone who isn't the Guild Master.

Pain in the arse.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 28, 2010, 08:25:13 AM

If you happen to have the somewhat unusual combination of Enchanting and Alchemy, crushing the epic Alchemy Trinket is a cost effective way to make Maelstrom Crystals and could net you a decent profit for the next week or so.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 28, 2010, 09:16:51 AM

I'm sort of annoyed that I need to crush epics to buy and create the only good caster weapon enchant in Cata. :(
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 28, 2010, 09:54:27 AM

Hurricane isn't terrible if you're poor; haste is generally a useful stat for most casters.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 28, 2010, 09:59:53 AM

Hurricane isn't terrible if you're poor; haste is generally a useful stat for most casters.

It's the only other option, and I'm using it. But the difference is huge. Haste may be useful for some casters, but it's usually at the bottom of the list. I'm seeing mostly Int > Hit > Crit (>= depending on class) Haste or Mastery.

Mostly annoyed in the sense that in the past, the "best" enchant may be pricey and hard to come by, but was usually only a few percent off from the easy to come by version. In this case it's what, a 450 haste proc versus a 500 int proc? That's not a close choice for any caster.

I'm mostly whining because while abyss crystals were in plentiful supply in Wrath, all the maelstrom enchants are absurdly good compared to the non maelstrom enchants, and there's no repeatable way to get them besides raiding. At least in Wrath the last boss in a heroic dropped epics for crystal creation.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: December 31, 2010, 08:44:51 AM

Bridge jousting! If you can't get into TB but still want the honor, stand on the bridge between TBP and TB itself and run in and out when your team gets close to winning. This works better if you have someone on the inside on vent or guild chat, who can tell you when the node is about to flip. If you time it right, you'll get all the honor at the end of the battle, including the 1800 honor if your side won on offense (gg win trading).

This was possible in WG (by flying above the zone) before but limited by the fact that your rewards were dependent on rank, which was difficult if not impossible to get without actually being in the zone. Now, however, there's no such limitation.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: January 08, 2011, 06:40:03 AM

Guilds are dinging level 10 today, which means heirloom cloaks,

Any Enchanter who can do Enchant Cloak - Stealth might want to consider getting some scrolls up on the AH. There was only one on my AH and all the small prismatics and Fel Lotus were going for less than one gold each, so I bought out all the Fel Lotus, bought some planars (11-14g a go) and stuck up a load of scrolls at 275g. Will see how well they sell I guess.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: January 08, 2011, 09:23:50 AM

Why Stealth ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: January 08, 2011, 10:24:31 AM

Easiest way to abuse the twink market: sell rogue stuff.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: January 08, 2011, 10:46:30 AM

Why Stealth ?

It's +8 Agility and +8 Dodge Rating, which is the best enchant for any non-caster by a long way.

My level 11 rogue has 35% Dodge thanks to that  awesome, for real

Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: January 09, 2011, 09:21:42 AM

Easiest way to abuse the twink market: sell rogue stuff.

Probably a good call. I bought one for my rogue/druid/hunter twink(s).
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: The Cataclysm Handy Hints Thread  
Jump to: