Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:38:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 626670 times)
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #3010 on: March 03, 2013, 06:35:48 PM

Needs more realistic horse genitals.

Also, I love playing dress-up in games like this, but it's so frustrating when 80% of clothing and armor mods are slutwear for anime body girls, 19% are more tasteful female clothing and armor mods, and maybe 1% or less are stuff for guys, usually just recolors or slight retextures of existing things.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #3011 on: March 03, 2013, 07:25:55 PM

Yeesh, all I used was a nude mod and the nif editor so my sorceress could have a see-through dress. Oh, and a mod that made the horse a non-combatant.

pics or it didn't happen.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #3012 on: March 04, 2013, 08:46:13 AM

Yeesh, all I used was a nude mod and the nif editor so my sorceress could have a see-through dress. Oh, and a mod that made the horse a non-combatant.

pics or it didn't happen.

See, it's just standing there instead of charging a dual wielding forsaken and dying instantly while I shout "No! stupid fucking horse what the hell are you doing!?" at the monitor.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3013 on: March 04, 2013, 10:39:13 AM

This is why, despite looking really odd, Arlok is the best horse Evar.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #3014 on: March 04, 2013, 01:48:42 PM

I'm just running RCRN so that caves and dungeons are actually dark, Empowered Magic to rebalance the magic system to make spells hit hard and cost a lot rather than hit like a pillow and cost nothing, and Interesting NPCs to throw a big pile of extra, decently voice-acted NPCs around the world.  So far I'm entirely pleased with the results and haven't felt any need to change anything else.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3015 on: March 06, 2013, 02:10:50 PM

This game is funny.  I finally decided, "Fuck it, I'm just going to finish the main quest" since the Vampire chick bugged out on me and disappeared so I can't progress Dawnguard any further.  The main quest took me less time to complete, beginning to end, than the Dawnguard stuff did to get to the point I came back from the abyss plane or whatever.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3016 on: March 06, 2013, 08:37:16 PM

The worst part of the main quest is actually getting the elder scroll out of that ridiculously tedious dwemer ruin. Other than that, it's pretty much a cakewalk.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #3017 on: March 07, 2013, 01:20:17 AM

I thought Blackreach was pretty cool, but then I didn't do the sidequests there, just ran through admiring the scenery and killing some underground creatures. I didn't feel that the whole affair, including the entrance dungeon, took overly long.
Nayr
Terracotta Army

Reply #3018 on: March 14, 2013, 05:47:44 AM

I thought Blackreach was pretty cool, but then I didn't do the sidequests there, just ran through admiring the scenery and killing some underground creatures. I didn't feel that the whole affair, including the entrance dungeon, took overly long.

About to do Blackreach, actually. For the quest Discerning the Transmundane, Hermaeous Mora's daedric quest.

After I get my business done, I'll download the latest patch, and buy Hearthfire. And maybe Dragonborn.

Dawnguard I don't have much interest in - not really a fan of vampires.(Go Team Jacob!)

I support the right to arm bears.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3019 on: March 14, 2013, 06:00:20 AM

You don't have to be a vampire in Dawnguard.  You can join the vampire hunters like I did.

I was disappointed I didn't find a similar option to wipe-out the Companions once I found-out they were werewolves.

Nayr
Terracotta Army

Reply #3020 on: March 14, 2013, 06:14:50 AM

You don't have to be a vampire in Dawnguard.  You can join the vampire hunters like I did.

I was disappointed I didn't find a similar option to wipe-out the Companions once I found-out they were werewolves.

The Companions are good guys though. And their curse doesn't require them to kill random innocents just to survive.

Also becoming a werewolf makes you immune to vampirism. Which is nice. And it's a lot easier to reverse when you've had your fun.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3021 on: March 14, 2013, 07:24:45 AM

Not the point.

Maybe I want to be  a dick, despite the Comps being "good guys."

Maybe I think any sort of sentient-devouring deserves to be wiped-out. (You can't advance werewolf without eating hearts.)

The option should be there.

carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #3022 on: March 14, 2013, 12:32:19 PM

I understand them not wanting to reveal dwemer secrets and all but every dwemer ruin felt like one giant cocktease. Oh another ruin where I will uncover exactly jack shit about the dwarves? Awesome!
Morrowind kinda explains more honestly. The dwarves attempted to ascend to godhood using the heart, magically they all vanished. My guess is they succeeded and will be back with a vengeance for some future game.
My guess is that they failed apocalyptically....and will be back with a vengeance for some future game.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #3023 on: March 14, 2013, 12:35:49 PM

Not the point.

Maybe I want to be  a dick, despite the Comps being "good guys."

Maybe I think any sort of sentient-devouring deserves to be wiped-out. (You can't advance werewolf without eating hearts.)

The option should be there.
I think your still free to run over and try killing them all at any time if you want.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3024 on: March 14, 2013, 12:36:02 PM

Not exactly

Hic sunt dracones.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3025 on: March 14, 2013, 12:51:48 PM

Nope.

Nayr
Terracotta Army

Reply #3026 on: March 14, 2013, 03:11:36 PM

Well I got Hearthfire. Had to skip DB because Bethesda are highway robbers and are charging $20 for it.(That's why I usually wait for bundles with Beth games)

Adopted Lucia, felt sorry for her, begging in Whiterun and hearing her sad story(shame there's no quest to go find her evil aunt and uncle and shove my sword up their asses,) so I went to Proventus, finished upgrading my Breezehome and got the child's bedroom(funny thing, I thought, before HF even came out, that the alchemy lab could be remade into a child's bedroom, or at the very least get Lydia expunged/killed and let them have her room, she never uses it anyway. just watches my bed all the time, creeeepy.)

Now I'm wondering if there are any truly safe homesteads that I could build. One where I don't have to worry about bandits/giants/enemies attacking while I'm away.

Hammond
Terracotta Army

Reply #3027 on: March 14, 2013, 03:55:41 PM

Ugg Lydia sitting at that table at the end of the bed everytime you wake up got old. I finally stopped visiting that house just for that reason.
Nayr
Terracotta Army

Reply #3028 on: March 14, 2013, 04:03:58 PM

Ugg Lydia sitting at that table at the end of the bed everytime you wake up got old. I finally stopped visiting that house just for that reason.

I give her to the Blades when I want her gone. Once she's taken by them, she stays at Sky Haven Temple.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #3029 on: March 14, 2013, 04:07:26 PM

IIRC she's always gnawing on that breadstick because of some pathing glitch with the door.  If you close the door to the room, she can leave (paradoxically).  Unless I'm misremembering, anyways.
Nayr
Terracotta Army

Reply #3030 on: March 14, 2013, 04:53:04 PM

IIRC she's always gnawing on that breadstick because of some pathing glitch with the door.  If you close the door to the room, she can leave (paradoxically).  Unless I'm misremembering, anyways.

I tried that, most movement she did was get up out of the chair and sit back down.

And in other news, I adopted Blaise outside of Solitude. I suppose I should get him and Lucia a mother now. Problem is all of the weddable women in this game, save two or three, are fugly as hell. Aela, Lydia, Sylgja, and Ysolda are all I can really stand to look at that long.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3031 on: March 14, 2013, 05:29:13 PM

If you marry Lydia she leaves the bedroom.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3032 on: March 14, 2013, 05:36:40 PM

You could try marrying a man.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Seriously, there's a full list of marriageable followers here. You might have missed one

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Marriage

Hic sunt dracones.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #3033 on: March 14, 2013, 06:17:50 PM

The blacksmith in Riften made a pass at me when I brought him fire salts.

ACK!

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #3034 on: March 14, 2013, 06:38:43 PM

The unofficial skyrim patch fixes creepy lydia along with like 200 trillion other stupid as shit bugs.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3035 on: March 14, 2013, 07:14:12 PM

The way marriage was implemented in Skyrim creeps me out. It's grossly mechanical, and turns the spouse into even more of a soul-less automaton. It's like marrying a Stepford Wife, or Husband as the case may be. I just could not do it. It either needed more dev time to make it an actual romance, or it should have been cut. As much flak as BioWare romances get, that's the minimum level of investment I expect for a marriageable NPC. It's got to be someone whose personality I like, not just a hot looking avatar. Besides, Adrianne Avenicci is the best-looking woman in Skyrim, and she's already married.

I'm aware that I'm weird. I'll slink back to reading about ren'ai games now.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3036 on: March 14, 2013, 07:38:26 PM

You just like Claudia Christiansen's voice.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Ok, I admit it, the second I found out about the marriage quest I zipped right over to her too, only to find she was already married  Cry Wound up marrying Jenassa the mercenary.

Hic sunt dracones.
Nayr
Terracotta Army

Reply #3037 on: March 14, 2013, 07:42:26 PM

The way marriage was implemented in Skyrim creeps me out. It's grossly mechanical, and turns the spouse into even more of a soul-less automaton. It's like marrying a Stepford Wife, or Husband as the case may be. I just could not do it. It either needed more dev time to make it an actual romance, or it should have been cut. As much flak as BioWare romances get, that's the minimum level of investment I expect for a marriageable NPC. It's got to be someone whose personality I like, not just a hot looking avatar. Besides, Adrianne Avenicci is the best-looking woman in Skyrim, and she's already married.

I'm aware that I'm weird. I'll slink back to reading about ren'ai games now.

You're right, certainly. But since Skyrim is chock full of a million other things to do, romance probably drew the short straw.

What I find a little disturbing is that in Hearthfire, you can give daggers to your kids(who all appear roughly 11 years old.) And when they use it, it looks like something from the Legend of Zelda, like child-Link weilding the Kokiri Sword in OOT.

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #3038 on: March 14, 2013, 08:18:10 PM

My favorite NPC to marry was Sylgja at Shor's Stone while I use her mother Anekke Crag-Jumper as my companion, leaving her father all alone to work the mines.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #3039 on: March 14, 2013, 08:39:43 PM

Besides, Adrianne Avenicci is the best-looking woman in Skyrim, and she's already married.

Fucking vampires killed her in my latest playthrough.  I was totally bummed. 

Then a day later a courier delivered 100g to me from her will.  It was one of those moments that kinda stunned me, very rare in games.  To go into Warmaiden's and only her husband is left was tough.  He even has something in his text about "Now that Adrienne's gone..."

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #3040 on: March 14, 2013, 09:18:15 PM

My vampire witch killed my wife, then rezzed her. Then I killed my wife's thrall, and the vampire rezzed a nearby chicken.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3041 on: March 14, 2013, 10:09:36 PM

The moral of that story is clear.

Hic sunt dracones.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #3042 on: March 14, 2013, 10:33:22 PM

Marry the chicken and dress it your wifes clothes?

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #3043 on: March 15, 2013, 03:51:03 AM

Every time I read something about an enemy resurrecting a chicken, I can't help but think of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LxITlJplhw
Mortriden
Terracotta Army

Reply #3044 on: March 15, 2013, 09:05:39 AM

Besides, Adrianne Avenicci is the best-looking woman in Skyrim, and she's already married.

Fucking vampires killed her in my latest playthrough.  I was totally bummed. 

Then a day later a courier delivered 100g to me from her will.  It was one of those moments that kinda stunned me, very rare in games.  To go into Warmaiden's and only her husband is left was tough.  He even has something in his text about "Now that Adrienne's gone..."

I got so tired of this happening that I edited Adrienne as to make her "story important" or whatever they call it.  Fuck that random Vampire killing the first thing they see, just because the engine doesn't update Adrienne's location until I enter town. 

It's like calling shenanigans.  But you say "jihad" instead. - Llava
They are out there, but they are bi-products of funny families. If you know funny old people, see if they have daughters. -Paelos
Yes my seed is that strong. I literally clap my hands and women are with child. -Paelos
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 97 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  
Jump to: