Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 04:43:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 629720 times)
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #2590 on: May 01, 2012, 03:16:20 PM

Coming to XBox 360 first, other platforms later  Head scratch

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2591 on: May 02, 2012, 12:50:28 AM

Its baffling they still do that "exclusivity for Foobar" thing. Thats just retarded for DLC. If I didn't buy the original game for one console due to exclusivity, what are the chances that will happen for DLC? This just annoys people.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2592 on: May 02, 2012, 12:58:16 AM

I can't get DLC for Bethesda games because of my region anyway, so there! I could 'obtain' it via other ways ... if I was more vindictive and actually cared about the DLC. I'm sure most of the Eastern Europeans do just that, actually.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2593 on: May 03, 2012, 08:19:15 PM

Its baffling they still do that "exclusivity for Foobar" thing. Thats just retarded for DLC. If I didn't buy the original game for one console due to exclusivity, what are the chances that will happen for DLC? This just annoys people.
Xbox360 always gets DLC first, period. This happens with all major game releases and almost all DLC, presumably because Microsoft has money hats and pays extra for the month of exclusivity. Get over it.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #2594 on: May 03, 2012, 08:40:25 PM

From memory of the Dungeon Defenders debacle the X-box licensing includes a delay on "porting" to other platforms, just as you are not allowed to have free DLC / Patches. The joys of having a bloated monopoly sponsoring a proprietary platform.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2595 on: May 03, 2012, 08:53:39 PM

Xbox360 always gets DLC first, period. This happens with all major game releases and almost all DLC, presumably because Microsoft has money hats and pays extra for the month of exclusivity. Get over it.

I think it's a good thing, tbh. It really weeds out the crappy DLC.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2596 on: May 03, 2012, 10:43:56 PM

There is no advantage for me as a PC exclusive player (I gave my Xbox away to my Brother-in-law after realizing I never turned it on anyway), so I damn well am annoyed about the things I want to be annoyed about. Kindly get over that. Next you tell me I can't be mad about restrictive copy protection because its the way things are, right?
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #2597 on: May 04, 2012, 12:25:37 AM

There is no advantage for me as a PC exclusive player (I gave my Xbox away to my Brother-in-law after realizing I never turned it on anyway), so I damn well am annoyed about the things I want to be annoyed about. Kindly get over that. Next you tell me I can't be mad about restrictive copy protection because its the way things are, right?
And you can't be mad over the craptastic UI, either.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2598 on: May 04, 2012, 12:33:22 AM

There's not really any particular disadvantage either - the only ones that bother me are *actual* exclusives, staggered releases seem pretty unimportant to me.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2599 on: May 04, 2012, 01:28:38 AM

True dat, if I just have to play one of the bazzilion other games in my backlog and avoid spoilers for a month or so I can manage.

Still, the point remains that delayed releases of DLC are stupid because they don't translate to customers changing platform because of it. That only would happen during the release of the original game if ever.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2600 on: May 04, 2012, 01:41:48 AM

afaik Lonesome Road (and gunrunner's arsenal, but I don't really care about that) is still unavailable through steam/d2d/etc if you happen to live in Eastern Europe. Ditto with Skyrim - I ended up having to do some import and VPN magic to be able to play the game at all.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #2601 on: May 04, 2012, 03:52:10 AM

afaik Lonesome Road (and gunrunner's arsenal, but I don't really care about that) is still unavailable through steam/d2d/etc if you happen to live in Eastern Europe. Ditto with Skyrim - I ended up having to do some import and VPN magic to be able to play the game at all.
I'll save you the trouble and say that outside of a couple pretty vistas Lonesome Road isn't very good.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #2602 on: May 04, 2012, 07:26:36 PM

I think it's a good thing, tbh. It really weeds out the crappy DLC.

Yes it sure keeps the crap like horse armor out doesnt it.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #2603 on: May 04, 2012, 09:12:23 PM

No, it lets me know if I should buy it.

brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #2604 on: May 05, 2012, 05:08:05 PM

I'll save you the trouble and say that outside of a couple pretty vistas Lonesome Road isn't very good.
Meh, it was ok, Old World Blues was awesome, was longer than some A titles and funnier than 90% of the games I've played in the last couple of years.

SCIENCE!

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #2605 on: May 05, 2012, 07:00:30 PM

So if it's for sale on xbox live you know it's quality stuff right?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #2606 on: May 05, 2012, 07:11:40 PM

So if it's for sale on xbox live you know it's quality stuff right?

No it means it gets reviewed by consumers first before it hits the PC.

PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #2607 on: May 06, 2012, 08:22:24 AM

I've been playing Skyrim recently and I just can't imagine buying any DLC. There's already so much to do my quest list never shrinks and every five steps I discover another dungeon. It's alternatingly tiring and awesome. I know it'll run out eventually, but damn I don't need another thing on my quest list begging for attention right now.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #2608 on: May 06, 2012, 09:51:12 AM

I've been playing Skyrim recently and I just can't imagine buying any DLC. There's already so much to do my quest list never shrinks and every five steps I discover another dungeon. It's alternatingly tiring and awesome. I know it'll run out eventually, but damn I don't need another thing on my quest list begging for attention right now.
I feel the same way. I keep alternating with other games so as not to burnout. I'm like level 40-something and still haven't finished up the Greybeard quest -- I still have to get that damn horn. There's just so much else to do.
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #2609 on: May 06, 2012, 05:36:36 PM

I feel the same way. I keep alternating with other games so as not to burnout. I'm like level 40-something and still haven't finished up the Greybeard quest -- I still have to get that damn horn. There's just so much else to do.
I just beat it, had to, got myself to the point where I could kill 50 dremora at once.

100 enchanting
100 smithing
100 alchemy
100 one handed

Seriously the gear I gave Cicero could allow him to solo ancient dragons.

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #2610 on: May 06, 2012, 06:10:50 PM

Heh, yeah, the crafting in this game was fun, but it really broke the game.  After I mastered Smithing and Enchanting, I was using nothing but gear I made for myself (not drops), and could 1 shot sneak attack kill giants and dragons with my bow.  Made the end boss fight kind of hilarious.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #2611 on: May 06, 2012, 09:08:49 PM

Heh, yeah, the crafting in this game was fun, but it really broke the game.  After I mastered Smithing and Enchanting, I was using nothing but gear I made for myself (not drops), and could 1 shot sneak attack kill giants and dragons with my bow.  Made the end boss fight kind of hilarious.
Yeah, the end game got silly.

Went from skulking around everywhere with 100 sneak to running through dungeons slaughtering anything that crossed my path.

Those traits purchased on the stealth tree might be better used elsewhere.

—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #2612 on: May 07, 2012, 02:26:56 PM

Since I pushed through the story, the final fight was a moderate challenge.  I thought the story was decent and enjoyable.  Much better than ME3's.

There is something sooo satisfying about sniping someone off a rope bridge.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2613 on: May 08, 2012, 05:26:35 AM

There's a bandit on a log somewhere, there for the purposes of 'Stand and Deliver'.

Shooting his ass off that log and into the chasm below is aces.  Also, finding his body a couple of miles downstream later is just peachy keen.

For Maximum points, try to aim for his knee.   why so serious?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #2614 on: May 08, 2012, 09:03:36 AM

Getting really good at sneak has really taken the fun out of sneaking. I can be crouching right in front of guy and get a sneak attack.  Used to have to work for it, now its too easy.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #2615 on: May 08, 2012, 03:28:36 PM

I just beat it, had to, got myself to the point where I could kill 50 dremora at once.

100 enchanting
100 smithing
100 alchemy
100 one handed

I just got 100 Smithing and 100 Enchanting (just got the dual enchant perk -- I still don't have the line of +shock,fire,cold damage) and am working to get to 80 Alchemy so I can make _100% potions. And then I plan to enchant the fuck out of mine and Lydia's Dragon armor until she can survive being at ground zero of my fireballs (I have to redo so many fights because of a dead minion. I don't like killing them).

My current peeves are the soul gems tending to empty when I put them in a container, which cost me some serious money early on. (Not now. Just enchant a few banish swords and take everything from any given merchant. Or sell off some potions and break every merchant's bank).

Most of my other perks are in Destruction and Conjuration and some in One-handed Swords and Light Armor. I basically just shoot the shit out of people with magic, have my big giant storm guy shoot the shit out of them, and then hit them with either my glass sword (didn't take the deadric side of the tree and haven't gotten anything better than the glass I made) or my bound sword if they're a real problem.

Then again, I sorta like it that way. As soon as I get my gear enchanted (waiting on that last alchemy perk. Fucking goddamn last few points in alchemy I can enchant my dragon armor and start raping face even more.

And that's how I like my games. I want to stride through the world blasting the fuck out of everything like a warrior god. I might actually play again to be a sneaky type, and see the other side of the war.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #2616 on: May 08, 2012, 04:30:26 PM

Raising alchemy kind of broke my spirit in that game.  It would have been easier if the reagent vendors would carry more than 0 or 1 of each reagent.  Maybe I should have modded it.
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #2617 on: May 08, 2012, 05:05:01 PM

100 enchanting
100 smithing
100 alchemy
100 one handed

I just got 100 Smithing and 100 Enchanting (just got the dual enchant perk -- I still don't have the line of +shock,fire,cold damage) and am working to get to 80 Alchemy so I can make _100% potions. And then I plan to enchant the fuck out of mine and Lydia's Dragon armor until she can survive being at ground zero of my fireballs (I have to redo so many fights because of a dead minion. I don't like killing them).

My current peeves are the soul gems tending to empty when I put them in a container, which cost me some serious money early on. (Not now. Just enchant a few banish swords and take everything from any given merchant. Or sell off some potions and break every merchant's bank).

Most of my other perks are in Destruction and Conjuration and some in One-handed Swords and Light Armor. I basically just shoot the shit out of people with magic, have my big giant storm guy shoot the shit out of them, and then hit them with either my glass sword (didn't take the deadric side of the tree and haven't gotten anything better than the glass I made) or my bound sword if they're a real problem.

Then again, I sorta like it that way. As soon as I get my gear enchanted (waiting on that last alchemy perk. Fucking goddamn last few points in alchemy I can enchant my dragon armor and start raping face even more.

And that's how I like my games. I want to stride through the world blasting the fuck out of everything like a warrior god. I might actually play again to be a sneaky type, and see the other side of the war.
I got daedric armor, it's a little heavier than bone armor but has more protection., the alchemy was a bitch though.

On a side note somehow I ended up with two different + magic resistance, so I just enchanted two items with that for 106% resist. "Oh the cute dragon is spamming me with it's breath weapon, oh, I think my health bar moved..."  The gloves with 47% bonus to 1h was nice too with 100 1h and useful damage bonuses from the tree.  I should look at raping with 2h based on the fact I don't need a shield.

—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #2618 on: May 12, 2012, 04:36:40 PM

I'm at level 76 now. Some comments on that...

- the fucking leveling system. I was a guy that limed sneaking around with might armour, an axe in one hand and a lightning bow in the other. Then I maxed those out so I suddenly had to be a guy with heavy armour and a fucking 2 handed something or other. Then No that 2 handed is maxed so I have to use a fucking shield for a while and eventually had to sit there for 30 minutes as a couple of Deathlords took turn hackind at me and FOS DO DAH ing me. to get the block skill up to get a few levels. I mean what the fuck?

- The fact that your "Helpers" (Lydia and whatnot) do not level up and in effect stay at the moment that the game creates for them, which is slaved to your level at that moment. That means that they swiftly become obsolete as the monsters scale up with you. There is a workaround this using the console which I found out from UESP wiki
Follower Stats

A follower's skills, health, and other stats are set when they are first created (which is typically when you enter their starting cell, become a Thane, and so on) and never improve from that point, outside of a handful of special cases. Each follower has a maximum level (which varies for each), and a specific set of primary skills, which are dictated by their class.

If you have an attachment to a certain follower and wish to continue to use them after they have become obsolete, you can use the Wabbajack to force their stats to be updated. Simply save your game, dismiss your follower, and use the Wabbajack on them until they turn into a rabbit, chicken, or mudcrab. You will be able to tell if it worked if they have reverted to their default gear upon turning back into their normal selves.

If you don't have the Wabbajack, you may also be able to update your follower by having the follower leave your service, then use the console to disable, and then close and reopen the console and enable the follower.

This is pretty goddam nuts and there's no way anyone would know that upon playing the game. Silly silly. They could have easilly fixed it by simply scripting the follower to disable and re-enable when they leave your service.

-Your magic does not have a friend or foe setting. it pretty much makes destruction magic useless if you have a follower. And of course the bad guys don't suffer from this disadvantage.

For all that its a fabulous game.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Hic sunt dracones.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2619 on: May 12, 2012, 04:43:04 PM

Umm... what? You didn't "have" to change your armor/weapon.  swamp poop

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #2620 on: May 12, 2012, 04:45:12 PM

I dunno. Lydia seems to be keeping up with me. I just put her ass in better armor. What the fuck is a Wabbajack?

As for followers and destruction magic -- I found enchanting your followers armor for high frost/fire/shock resistances took care of that.

I'm more pissy about aggroing Town Guards with careless swings. Come on, fuckers, it's a brawl. There's like magic floating evil shit there, you're fighting them, I'm fighting them, sometimes there's going to be an accidental My Sword/Guard face collision. Or possibly a double-charged fireball/Guard face collision.

Spot me a few free hits before you get all pissy.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #2621 on: May 12, 2012, 04:50:32 PM

All the Housecarls tend to have a bit more lasting power because they're all skilled up like tanks, but even they will start getting one-shot by the early 20s if you get them early enough.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #2622 on: May 12, 2012, 05:00:14 PM

Umm... what? You didn't "have" to change your armor/weapon.  swamp poop

Yeah, seems odd to powergame and then complain that it's ruining your RP concept.  A max level character will have maxed every skill, so yeah, you're going to have to swing a two hander around and practice your block.  For what it's worth, shield bashing also seems to raise your block, so you don't have to sit there and get gnawed on by rats or something like you did in Oblivion.

Though I do wish there wasn't such a hard cap on perks.  It would be nice if, once you got 100 in a skill, you could continue to level that skill, but points beyond 100 would only count towards level ups (not effectiveness).  The closest thing I've seen to this is a mod that lets you buy perks with dragon souls, which is neat, but a bit janky.
Severian
Terracotta Army

Reply #2623 on: May 12, 2012, 05:18:52 PM

- The fact that your "Helpers" (Lydia and whatnot) do not level up and in effect stay at the moment that the game creates for them, which is slaved to your level at that moment. That means that they swiftly become obsolete as the monsters scale up with you. There is a workaround this using the console which I found out from UESP wiki

There's also a mod on the Steam Workshop called Fixed Followers Lite which takes care of a number of problems, including levelling and mismatched armor proficiencies. It's on the third page of the Top Rated All Time mods there.

Quote from: mangue
Every follower in the game got these two fixes:

1 - Fixed Hunting bow bug. You can just trade with them, remove their crap hunting bow and give them a nice improved bow. They'll use it and never going to respawn this hunting bow again.
2 - Changed level cap to 81. It varies but followers were capped on level 30, 40, 50. The only follower that would level with you past level 50 was J'zargo. Now all followers will level with you.

NOTE1: 81 is the maximum level a player can reach.
NOTE2: These two fixes work regardles of your save beeing new or preexisted.
NOTE3: Because there's nothing "mystical" about the invisible bow anymore, followers will start using real ammo. They still have an unlimited invisible stock of iron arrows but will use only if they run out of good arrows.

Some followers have other problems that are also fixed. You can know aditional fixes reading below (...)
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #2624 on: May 12, 2012, 05:46:30 PM

I'm at level 76 now. Some comments on that...

- the fucking leveling system. I was a guy that limed sneaking around with might armour, an axe in one hand and a lightning bow in the other. Then I maxed those out so I suddenly had to be a guy with heavy armour and a fucking 2 handed something or other. Then No that 2 handed is maxed so I have to use a fucking shield for a while and eventually had to sit there for 30 minutes as a couple of Deathlords took turn hackind at me and FOS DO DAH ing me. to get the block skill up to get a few levels. I mean what the fuck?

Uh, yeah?  If you want to be max level then you have to max every skill.

You do realize that there is no level locking keeping you from experiencing something right?  You don't have to be max level to do everything in the game, level doesn't really mean much.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 97 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  
Jump to: