Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 04:47:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 628935 times)
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #2905 on: January 28, 2013, 06:10:44 PM

I got the bug where one companion wanted to kill a dragon at a set place but the dragon doesn't spawn, so you're stuck with the companion. (Farkas?)

Anyway, during my assassination missions for the Dark Brotherhood (?) he'd inevitably attack me for killing the target. That was irritating.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2906 on: January 28, 2013, 09:20:05 PM

My last weird companion incident was quick travelling back to my house with the vampire chick from Dawnguard following me. I proceed to stumble on a bandit attack on my livestock at my house.

Now normally the vamp chick rezzes a thrall to fight as her pet from one of the dead. And she reacted similarly in this battle against the bandits.

By rezzing a chicken.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2907 on: January 29, 2013, 02:54:33 AM

The Rez spell automatically selects the highest level NYC in the area I thought.  It's my understanding that the chickens in Skyrim are not to be fucked with.  Like the chickens in Link to the Past.

ed: Just googled and found that's not the case.  My daughter lied to me, surprise!

Pae: The wiki says that chickens get rezzed if no other bodies are available when the spell is cast.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:54:03 AM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #2908 on: January 29, 2013, 06:37:59 AM

The battle was over and I looked at her, and there she was with her pet chicken.

This was after I'd been beaten within an inch of my life because they caught me out of stealth.

It was one of these moments.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #2909 on: January 29, 2013, 08:09:06 AM

Poor girl was probably thinking "WTF do you want from me, only dead thing here is chickens"

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #2910 on: January 29, 2013, 08:19:24 AM

I was playing with a follower overhaul mod that allowed you to set your followers in a "wander around a bit like you weren't an active follower" state. So the dark elf chick you can recruit from the Azura quest was in that state wandering around my home and started to argue with my house carl. I had decorated my home with a pile gold bars and gems and they had started it's a "it's mine, no it's mine" arguement(with voiced dialogue) over the loot. They started to fight and my house carl killed my dark elf mage. He had a two handed axe that did paralysis, and maxed magic resists. Reload and forget that feature exists. Still, it was a nice surprise to see something new.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2911 on: January 29, 2013, 08:35:22 AM

lol, that's awesome.  awesome, for real

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #2912 on: January 29, 2013, 11:45:48 AM

My last weird companion incident was quick travelling back to my house with the vampire chick from Dawnguard following me. I proceed to stumble on a bandit attack on my livestock at my house.

Now normally the vamp chick rezzes a thrall to fight as her pet from one of the dead. And she reacted similarly in this battle against the bandits.

By rezzing a chicken.

Yeah, she's done that with me twice.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2913 on: January 29, 2013, 03:24:20 PM

I think I put too much shit in my house.  I can't seem to stay long without CTD'ing.

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #2914 on: January 30, 2013, 08:54:03 AM

Found out it's a common bug with the Lakeview Manor house. The house gets bugged and just turns into a CTD fest.  I managed to try some things and got some of my more prized possessions out, including the pile on ingots that got me to 100 smithing.  Luckily Breezehome has my other stack of dragon scales/bones.  I'm pondering on whether to put in the effort to go whole hog and enchant a suit of +blacksmithing to get the most out of my upgrades.  I don't think it'll matter, as I'm not really struggling with any part of the game.  Even switching from heavy  armor + shield to light armor + dual wield hasn't mattered much.

Completed:
Mages
Thieves
Companions
Main to post Elder Scroll
Lots of side shit.
Completely built mansion I can no longer use. ><

I think I'll do Dawnguard next before finishing off the main plot.

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2915 on: January 30, 2013, 10:18:04 AM

Do the Dark Brotherhood if you haven't, that questline is awesome.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #2916 on: January 31, 2013, 08:15:35 AM

I've never done the join them version, but the kill them one was kinda meh. Really only good in that the option was there and supported, even if only in a bare bones fashion.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #2917 on: January 31, 2013, 11:36:20 AM

Yeah, she's a hard fight after that animation finishes so that animation is the recommended way of killing her. The join them version has a fairly long spread of really cool missions. Even the Elder scrolls wiki says its a lot better to join them for goodies. You even get the shadow armour you can loot off her as part of your first mission.

Hic sunt dracones.
Rasix

Reply #2918 on: January 31, 2013, 12:08:10 PM

Since the game mostly doesn't care if you're good, bad, or just amoral, I've started doing the quest.  They're pretty well done.  Most of the Dark Brotherhood have pretty interesting dialogue, and Cicero is a hoot.

-Rasix
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #2919 on: February 01, 2013, 02:41:17 AM

Fuck the Dark Brotherhood. They keep spiders as pets.  Ohhhhh, I see.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #2920 on: February 01, 2013, 05:08:53 AM

The Dark Brotherhood quest is probably going to drive me insane - I refuse to indulge the stereotype that Argonians are all thieves, so I'm trying to avoid doing it, but it's also triggering my OCD for trying to clear out my quest journal.

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #2921 on: February 01, 2013, 05:16:38 AM

The quest railroading is one of my least favorite things about Skyrim.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #2922 on: February 01, 2013, 05:31:58 AM

Yeah, she's a hard fight after that animation finishes so that animation is the recommended way of killing her. The join them version has a fairly long spread of really cool missions. Even the Elder scrolls wiki says its a lot better to join them for goodies. You even get the shadow armour you can loot off her as part of your first mission.

It's a fun questline, but obviously doesn't fit with every character conception. (I think it's much easier to justify a highly moral character hanging with the Thieves' Guild, not the least because Mercer Frey is such a colossal douche.) At least in the kill them one you can get into their secret HQ to get one of the stone fragments and all that, plus all the shadow armor you might want.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2923 on: February 01, 2013, 05:51:58 AM

The Dark Brotherhood quest is probably going to drive me insane - I refuse to indulge the stereotype that Argonians are all thieves, so I'm trying to avoid doing it, but it's also triggering my OCD for trying to clear o
Khajit are all thieves.  Argonians are just all slaves.  So it's okay if you go all Django Unchained on Tamriel.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2924 on: February 01, 2013, 06:09:29 AM

Just started the Dark Brotherhood line myself and got the first legit assassination contract.  Now I'm pondering if I should do the optional kill or not. Seems like the main kill is pretty justified but the optional is just petty & short-sighted on the client's part.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #2925 on: February 01, 2013, 07:57:04 AM

Of the guild questlines, I have to say I felt the Dark Brotherhood was the most expansive.  In a way it sort of makes me feel bad about the wasted potential for the other ones.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #2926 on: February 01, 2013, 08:02:35 AM

I liked the Thieves better than Dark Brotherhood.

Nayr
Terracotta Army

Reply #2927 on: February 01, 2013, 08:06:39 AM

Shame the entirety of the thieves guild is Essential.

Be awesome to take out both the Guild and Brotherhood, then go up to Maven Black-Briar, tell her and say "what else ya' got, bitch?".

I support the right to arm bears.
Rasix

Reply #2928 on: February 01, 2013, 10:52:41 AM

Just started the Dark Brotherhood line myself and got the first legit assassination contract.  Now I'm pondering if I should do the optional kill or not. Seems like the main kill is pretty justified but the optional is just petty & short-sighted on the client's part.

I just went whole hog on the entire thing.  Hell, I killed anyone that they hinted could be killed. Well, except one person, but that's because Lucien Lachance (your summoned spectral assassin) said it wasn't a great idea. 

My character is a total walking contradiction.  I've been very noble, mostly at the start, but now I'm somewhat of a kill crazed lunatic.  One of my last kills in the plotline was justified with "yah, he's kind of a dick. Lucien, no opinion?" *murderdeathkill*

Now, I'll probably go back to being noble and eradicate some vampires.  Because, really guys, stop attacking me in town. 

-Rasix
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2929 on: February 01, 2013, 10:58:26 AM

They're already on my list for that.  I've got the Dawnsinger, too, so that'll be a lot of fun once I do it. Undead just EXPLODE.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2930 on: February 01, 2013, 11:18:05 AM

The Dark Brotherhood quest is probably going to drive me insane - I refuse to indulge the stereotype that Argonians are all thieves, so I'm trying to avoid doing it, but it's also triggering my OCD for trying to clear o
Khajit are all thieves.  Argonians are just all slaves.  So it's okay if you go all Django Unchained on Tamriel.

More like Rango Unchained, am I right?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #2931 on: February 01, 2013, 11:21:30 AM

More like Rango Unchained, am I right?

awesome, for real
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2932 on: February 01, 2013, 11:50:32 AM

+1; Would laugh again.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #2933 on: February 01, 2013, 12:02:40 PM

I just went whole hog on the entire thing.  Hell, I killed anyone that they hinted could be killed. Well, except one person, but that's because Lucien Lachance (your summoned spectral assassin) said it wasn't a great idea. 

My character is a total walking contradiction.  I've been very noble, mostly at the start, but now I'm somewhat of a kill crazed lunatic.  One of my last kills in the plotline was justified with "yah, he's kind of a dick. Lucien, no opinion?" *murderdeathkill*

Now, I'll probably go back to being noble and eradicate some vampires.  Because, really guys, stop attacking me in town. 

Plus stop killing non-Essential civilians. That always bums me out when a named person is lying face down after a vampire attack. If anybody is going to kill townpeople, it'll be me, you jerks.
Rasix

Reply #2934 on: February 01, 2013, 12:39:38 PM

I'm not sure if it was me when I went on my first werewolf rampage or it was vampires, but someone fucking killed the blacksmith lady in Whiterun.  FFUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

-Rasix
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #2935 on: February 01, 2013, 01:00:10 PM

That wouldn't be so bad if some other NPC saw the job opening and took over the job after a while :P

Edit: Someone should make a mod out of that. Thinking about it, I really want it now!

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #2936 on: February 01, 2013, 01:03:20 PM

I thought that was a feature.

"Me am play gods"
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #2937 on: February 01, 2013, 01:25:10 PM

It is? Goes to show how much attention I pay to these things (none). Oh well.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Nayr
Terracotta Army

Reply #2938 on: February 01, 2013, 07:48:16 PM

According to the ES Wiki, the DLCs for PS3 are finally coming out.

Feb 12 - Dragonborn

Feb 19 - Hearthfire

Feb 26 - Dawnguard.

Reverse order, it seems. lol

I support the right to arm bears.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #2939 on: February 01, 2013, 11:45:07 PM

I started this most recent playthrough with the intention of finally beating the main story.  I planned to go light armor/conjuration, but I find that right now I'm using mostly conj/dest/alteration skills, so I may just write off the 2 points I put into 1hd and go full mage. 

1.  How do mages hold up on a full lvl 50+ ride?

2.  What's a great way to spice up the build, knowing I'm concentrating on conj/alteration?  Archer maybe?  I'm currently using Lydia as my shield and flame atronach.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 97 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  
Jump to: