Reactivation weekend from Oct 7 to Oct 10

(1/3) > >>

Zetor:
http://www.cityofheroes.com/news/news_archive/reactivation_weekend_featuring.html

It's time for another City of Heroes® Reactivation Weekend and this one is going to be better than ever! Why, you ask? Because old and new players alike will get a preview of the new content in City of Heroes Going Rogue™! For everyone's gaming pleasure, Praetoria will be accessible to ALL accounts in good standing whether they are brand new, have been reactivated or have remained active!

If you've let your City of Heroes account lapse, but would like to see what Going Rogue is like, we will reactivate your account for FREE. Because there is so much new content to explore, you're getting almost FIVE full days to experience it all!

Active and reactivated account holders will be able to try out our newest and most visually captivating power sets* while discovering a brand new parallel world and the intestine struggle ripping apart its denizens behind those sterile Praetorian walls**!

The Reactivation Weekend starts on Thursday, October 7th at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time / 10:00 a.m. Central Time / 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time / 4:00 p.m. British Time / 17:00 Central European Time and ends on Sunday, October 10th, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time / 1:59 a.m. Central Time / 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time / 7:59 a.m. British Time / 8:59 Central European Time.

There is no better time to come back to City of Heroes and say hi to your friends! Who knows, you may even make new ones in Praetoria!

So mark your calendars and get ready to go Rogue!

* To continue using the Dual Pistols, Demon Summoning, Kinetic Melee and Electric Control power sets after the Reactivation weekend, you will need to upgrade your City of Heroes game account with a valid Going Rogue code.

** Please note all active or reactivated accounts that will be granted temporary access to Going Rogue will only have access to the Praetorian content up to level 14.

Looks like they're not only activating all accounts, but also giving them temporary access to Praetorian content [if in a limited way]. Not a bad move IMO, Praetoria is pretty well done both artistically and in terms of story. It's definitely an unforgiving area though -- most of the Praetorian enemy groups are MUCH harder than the equivalent-level hero / villain groups in "vanilla" coh/cov.

Rendakor:
I honestly through Praetoria was pretty easy; I went through it all as a brute with little difficulty, only to get wtfpwnt in the real game by CoT at level 21.

Zetor:
My mastermind didn't have any problems either... but keep in mind that brutes and masterminds are two of the best solo classes. Squishies like blasters can easily faceplant against the multi-ambushes in some missions, wacky ghoul aggro, and hard-hitting CC-resistant enemies (destroyers especially). They're not -really- harder than many of the later-game enemy groups, but much nastier than the typical low-level enemies (skulls, hellions, infected, snakes, RIP, security guards, heck even longbow and council at that level).

Sjofn:
It also depends on which arcs you're going through, it seems to me. The Warden arcs have kicked my scrapper's ass big time (he might also just sort of suck, I'm not sure), but I haven't had a lot of trouble with the Responsibility track on my lame elec/elec tanker.

CoT are fucking evil at level 20-ish though, I also sailed through Praetoria on a brute and promptly got my ass kicked by those fuckers.

ezrast:
Brutes in particular are OP at low levels because fury is balanced around having SOs, and before then full fury triples your damage instead of doubling it. I once calculated that a brute could hit 50 in 30 hours (give or take 3) by staying exemped to level 1 the whole time in AE. That was before the I18 fury nerf, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page