Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:51:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Moved install 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Moved install  (Read 3401 times)
Azazel
Contributor

on: October 03, 2010, 03:10:45 AM

After my wife's computer persploded, I've just rebuilt it and put Win7 on it, etc etc.

I've copied her Steam and WoW directories across and they run just fine. I recall from the laptop install that I needed to run a tweak file of some kind - TurbineRegisterGDF.exe?
I've got no idea where I found it, but I'm wondering if anyone here knows where a malware-free copy can be found?

thanks.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 04:26:07 AM

It's in the LotRO directory.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 07:56:44 AM

After my wife's computer persploded, I've just rebuilt it and put Win7 on it, etc etc.

I've copied her Steam and WoW directories across and they run just fine. I recall from the laptop install that I needed to run a tweak file of some kind - TurbineRegisterGDF.exe?
I've got no idea where I found it, but I'm wondering if anyone here knows where a malware-free copy can be found?

thanks.

If you cannot find it in your LotRO directory, let me know and I'll send you a copy of mine.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 12:16:32 AM

Hm. Found the file and clicked it, but the Launcher is still telling me that it wants me to install .NET Framework V1.1.4322

When I follow their handy link, I installed .NET 4 but the Launcher still determinedly told me that it was V1.1.4322 or nothing. Naturally .NET 1's installer told me that there were incompatability issues with Win7. I don't recall this level of fucking around when copying an install to the Laptop... (which also uses Win7).

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 05:47:11 AM

All I have ever needed to do was copy the game files, place the LOTRO documents files in my documents, install .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable , then launch. (seems it needs 1.0 for the launcher not the game engine)

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 06:05:11 AM

I do recall having some .NET issue with moving to W7 but I probably did a reinstall of LotRO to fix it.  Knowing me.  I did have to do a manual install of something on my wife's machine, but I forget if it was DX or .NET.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 11:36:44 AM

yup Yeg is correct.  I had to do the same.  Just be sure to copy all the giant asset files somewhere and then nuke the launcher and game exe's.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Moved install  
Jump to: