Invention

(1/4) > >>

Rendakor:
Is this shit worth doing at low levels? The character I'm playing now is level 17, and I'm wondering particularly about the set-based ones; they seem useful but they're almost all either really expensive or unobtainable (none on AH). Should I even bother or just stick with DOs/SOs til 50?

Ingmar:
it is definitely worth making the ones that drop for you assuming they have reasonable component prices. Not having to replace them every few levels is a huge inf savings over time. At lower levels you probably shouldn't care so much about making sets, the regular IOs are well worth it too.

Rendakor:
That's about all I've done so far, thanks.

Zetor:
The AH is a seller's market right now -- there's a HUGE demand for high-end set IOs, recipes for the aforementioned set IOs, and (normal) salvage at all levels with everyone rolling alts, resulting in not nearly enough supply. One of my SGmates became an inf multi-millionaire (infillionaire?) after a week of playing (he has a new account and never played the game before) simply by running AE missions, crafting enhancements for himself and selling the excess crafting materials.

Which brings me to my recommendation: run AE to get tickets, then turn those tickets into salvage used by normal IO recipes at your level (this gets you salvage faster and more reliably than waiting for drops and you won't "waste" drops on uncommon/rare components and recipes that are actually pretty useless at low levels). Buy the actual recipes at the crafting station with inf (they're fairly cheap at low levels). You will likely use a level 20 IO until at least level 30ish or even beyond that; I am still using level 35 IOs for my level 50 defender due to the way enhancement caps work.

Obvious plug: if you're running AE, search for @Zaphir to find my story arcs  :why_so_serious: More seriously, http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=222095 is a good thread containing tested, high-quality AE arcs.

Rendakor:
What's AE? AoE aka Area of Effect? Or something else entirely?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page