Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:58:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Is it too late? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it too late?  (Read 49621 times)
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: February 08, 2011, 06:13:58 AM

Alistar, all day, everday.  Ohhhhh, I see.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: February 08, 2011, 07:22:20 AM

I hate anyone that plays ANYONE exclusive.  Mob

To expand this is only due to the fact of people that wait until 5th pick to take someone that does not fit with the team at all.  :P

Such as we have Fortune, Tristana, Corki, TF, so the obvious good fifth pick would be a tanky jungler preferably with a disable.  But instead we get at 5 seconds left "Sorry, I only play Ashe.  Also I'm taking mid."  awesome, for real

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #142 on: February 08, 2011, 07:30:03 AM

Yea but see, that goes both ways. You get this all the time in DotA - idiots firstpick dps then whinge that people don't pick initiators to soak for them. Then why didn't YOU pick a tank?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: February 08, 2011, 07:50:47 AM

Yea but see, that goes both ways. You get this all the time in DotA - idiots firstpick dps then whinge that people don't pick initiators to soak for them. Then why didn't YOU pick a tank?

Slightly off topic but I almost wish I would of recorded the Vlad Hoax and I played with last night.  The kind of player who would dive a tower against 3 people by himself over and over and then rage how its his teams fault for not following him.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #144 on: February 08, 2011, 12:01:40 PM

Don't play Yi exclusive.  ACK!

I HATE those players. DRILLING AND MANLINESS
I don't know whether I'll play Yi exclusively, but for now I'll stick with him so I can actually learn how to play the game and not have to struggle to figure out abilities, strengths and weaknesses of random champions every game.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
schild
Administrator

Reply #145 on: February 08, 2011, 12:29:02 PM

I just rolled with Caitlyn. It was ridiculous. Like 250 creep kills. My book is +17 damage, +10% attack speed. I had an infinity edge and bloodrazor and boots at 28 minutes.

So, uhm, protip: Don't let Caitlyn creep. It was dumb.

(went 10/4/3, 6 buildings knocked over, game ended at 35:00 or so).
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: February 08, 2011, 02:22:56 PM

So damn true.  I generally pick last (because I'm stupid like that, I guess) and 9/10 games I get stuck as the tank.  I figure I deserve one or two games to play the champions I enjoy, especially in unranked matches.

On Monday, I was in a game with, if I recall correctly, Katarina, Akali, Gangplank, and Udyr.  I sat there for like, ten seconds like "how the hell do I balance out THIS" before picking Veigar, and everyone started whining about not having a tank... ended up switching to Shen because nobody else would budge.

In unrelated news, I'm really looking forward to this new bot match mode they're foreshadowing.  If they can make them challenging enough, it might be almost as much fun as a real match with 90% reduced QQ.  Something I might even be able to play with other people here, without pulling anyone's rating down!
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #147 on: February 08, 2011, 02:43:17 PM

I guess I'm lucky that I recently fell in love with playing as Rammus. awesome, for real

I suppose it's a nice break from playing as Evelynn or Kassadin.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 02:54:33 PM by Strazos »

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: February 08, 2011, 02:53:17 PM

I still think it's not as bad as when somebody picks tanks, and you think you've finally got the chance to try another hero out and then they switch with 10 seconds left.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #149 on: February 08, 2011, 06:10:35 PM

Ok, perhaps a stupid question, but it's been annoying me for ages...

Is there a way to save mastery pages, like you can with rune pages? Having to switch masteries every time I want to play another character is...annoying.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: February 08, 2011, 07:54:04 PM

Ok, perhaps a stupid question, but it's been annoying me for ages...

Is there a way to save mastery pages, like you can with rune pages? Having to switch masteries every time I want to play another character is...annoying.

Nope, but don't worry, I'm sure they will release 6 more new champions yet this month.

Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: February 08, 2011, 08:23:39 PM

Basic usability is for chumps. Clicking through the shop is by design.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Dtrain
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: February 28, 2011, 10:36:32 PM

I am both validated and annoyed at the recent popularity of Rammus. Validated, because I've been playing him as a main for the last 9 months or more. Annoyed because he's currently the victim of the "this guy keeps getting banned - NERF HIM" phenomenon.

Of course, the recent changes really don't address what makes him so powerful. 15% speed reduction here or there I can live with. I just hope they don't do something like make the duration of powerball or DBC depend on the level of the ability. He's a fun champ to play, but he has some serious shortcomings that would be magnified out of proportion by any significant changes to his abilities. Rammus' real strength IMO is his ability to quickly relocate and engage on multiple lanes/areas of conflict, esp. while jungling. I'm not sure most players understand or know how to deal with this.

But to illustrate my point, and touch on the subject of Yi (usually either the best or worst of players from my experience,) I had one in a game last night that solo pushed a lane to within sight of our second tower, while the rest of the players were in a team fight on the other side of the map. I caught up with him teleporting back out in the open by the ruined first tower. He lost about 3/4 of his life between tremors, dbc, thornmail and (of course,) taunt. He ran off like crazy, like Yi always does, and got popped by a Sion or Taric stun (I forget who it was,) when my team was able to intercept him, and then died. Then he has the nerve to call my taunt op - like that's the only reason he died.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: March 01, 2011, 05:13:04 AM

What percentage of life did your Rammus loose in that encounter?  Did Yi run because he saw other champs closing in, or because you were spanking him?
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #154 on: March 01, 2011, 06:57:03 AM

But to illustrate my point, and touch on the subject of Yi (usually either the best or worst of players from my experience,)

Yi is less a hero and more an adorable summoner phase, akin to adolescence.
Dtrain
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: March 01, 2011, 06:57:56 AM

For the duration of my taunt I lost about 10% of my life (I had a near optimal build for countering physical attacks,) and Yi ran immediately after the taunt. He ran because he got caught when he was expecting to push with impunity and get away clean because he was Yi (remember he was in the middle of a b when I caught him.) He actually ran right into my team because he never saw them comiing. He might have been aware that 1 or 2 had disengaged in the other lane - but I doubt it. More likely he just panicked because he got caught.

I run into the same thing with Olafs from time to time. The fact that there actually is a character in the game that can counter their preferred strategy and in the right circumstances beat them in a 1 on 1 seems to leave them completely at a loss for options.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: March 01, 2011, 09:48:36 AM

Those Olafs I have no sympathy for.  Anyone who builds Olaf like he was Warwick is ignoring all of the awesome that is Olaf.

I have sympathy for the Yi's because they have essentially two things going for them; damage and speed.  Your Rammus nullified both of those strengths.  To add injury to insult your also kicked his teeth in with Tremors (which was probably half the damage you did) - all during a time when he had zero control of his champ.  To paraphrase Sam and throw away the brevity: Yi is great if you are playing against bots.  When you start playing against people who build counter to AS+AD, not so much.  (I assume that he wasn't an AP Yi, since he solo pushed a tower).  Yi doesn't have much build flexibility.  If he's not going all-in on his chosen build, he is very underwhelming.

Rammus, on the other hand, has a variety of tank items to choose from to counter the opposing team based upon team composition and game evolution (for instance, if Yi is the only threat on the other team, and he is going AD+AS, you buy a cheap Thornmail and shut him down early).  In addition to all that, your ult still does good damage.  Rammus has a full kit of abilities that work well together to get his shit done. 

If the "balance" point is based off of (the many) champs don't have a full kit, Rammus is OP.  I think the "balance" point should be a champ with a full kit (such as Rammus).  Rather than nerfing complete champs, I think the better solution is to work on those under-performing champs to give them better kits.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #157 on: March 01, 2011, 11:09:08 AM

Rammus is a filthy little jew bag, and anyone who doesn't agree likes playing him ;)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: March 01, 2011, 01:04:46 PM

This chat inspired me to go back and give Rammus a try; I really hadn't played him much since I first started and I was terrible with him. He's  really a brilliant tank; being able to hit 1000 move speed is pretty much the best thing ever. He's also a mean jungler which is my current passion. Thanks for the inspiration.
Dtrain
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: March 01, 2011, 01:25:57 PM

Oh, I completely agree with the 'tool kit' argument. Rammus is very well equiped for a variety of situations. If you are failing as a rammus (and it's not just because of your team,) then you only have yourself or your lack of game knowledge to blame.

Yi really is a 1 trick pony. And easy to counter too. He can work well if played right though, because there is usually at least 1 person on any pickup team that didn't get the memo on how to counter Yi. Sometimes that's all you need.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: March 02, 2011, 02:00:24 AM

Those Olafs I have no sympathy for.  Anyone who builds Olaf like he was Warwick is ignoring all of the awesome that is Olaf.

Teach me Olaf.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: March 02, 2011, 02:04:24 AM

Yes. Please. I need a reason to buy Brolaf.  awesome, for real

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: March 02, 2011, 04:15:29 AM

Creating a Olaf thread under champions - WARNING! I do not have the time to put into that schild put into Ms Fortune
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: March 14, 2011, 09:25:39 PM

I would like to take this opportunity to say fuck Mundo, and fuck people who play him in Ranked. Thank you.

Astorax
Contributor

Reply #164 on: March 15, 2011, 10:49:55 AM

I would like to take this opportunity to say fuck Mundo, and fuck people who play him in Ranked. Thank you.

MUNDOOOOOOOOOOO

Still one of my favorite champs to play...

The problem is, he's also REALLY easy to counter.  Ignite counters him pretty well...if he's a smart Mundo and builds a QSS, get an executioner's calling somewhere on the team too. He gets significantly less hard to deal with after that.
PkProjects
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: March 16, 2011, 02:45:17 PM

MUNDOOOOOOOOOOO

Still one of my favorite champs to play...

The problem is, he's also REALLY easy to counter.  Ignite counters him pretty well...if he's a smart Mundo and builds a QSS, get an executioner's calling somewhere on the team too. He gets significantly less hard to deal with after that.

If mundo manages to get fed, you're fucked. Even with executioner and ignite, mundo will fuck you up.

"Atheism. The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itsself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs. Makes perfect sense."
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #166 on: March 16, 2011, 03:36:01 PM

Mundo suffers the problem of being an inherently ignorable hero with better picks always available.

He's great when you are dealing with ELO levels that don't readily understand that you can effectively ignore mundo and kill his team around him, but with any sort of team that knows their shit, he's about as useless as tryndamere.
PkProjects
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: March 17, 2011, 08:58:37 AM

Too bad that I sometimes get paired up with idiots who attack the first one to run into their sights, leaving everyone attacking Mundo.
Life sucks, so does the matchmaking system.

"Atheism. The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itsself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs. Makes perfect sense."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Is it too late?  
Jump to: