Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:36:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Pirates of the Burning Sea  |  Topic: GoGamer 48 hour sale: PotBS for 90 cents 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GoGamer 48 hour sale: PotBS for 90 cents  (Read 9224 times)
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

on: August 20, 2010, 07:24:02 AM

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 12:26:44 PM

Not quite to my "must pay me to play it" threshold.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 01:18:35 PM

Anyone play this that can comment on the state of the game? I bete'd it and enjoyed it but never played it at retail. Kind of curious to try it again but don't want to waste my time since haven't heard exactly great things about it.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 04:51:37 PM

It's a dollar for the game and a free month. Really, it's worth that. It's not bad. It's just... it needed to have no levels. There's not even a big grind anymore. The levels just feel weird tacked on like they are.
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 10:56:31 PM

Well one hour left on the sale. What the hell, I'll buy it, we'll see if I play it though.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 11:32:55 PM

POTBS has just announced that their expansion has been delayed. Probably not the best news to show to a group of returning / new players.

taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 11:09:41 AM

POTBS has just announced that their expansion has been delayed. Probably not the best news to show to a group of returning / new players.

Was actually announced on Monday, that they were delaying the Free Expansion, but all current players are able to log onto test and play the expansion. I got a beta invite early on in development, the month after my subscription was closed, and wasn't able to be in the beta unless the account was active.

The expansion being delayed isn't promising at all, especially because there wasn't really anything in there to really wow people and bring them back to the game anyway... Port governing and voting systems? A new Ground Combat model (like version 4?)? New overpowered skills and skill revamps? The same grinding, level based, forced imbalanced PvP, with a broken economy and dwindling populations.

Love the ship combat, especially for port battles and 6 v 6, but honestly I think the ship is already sunk (see the thread I started for details).

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Pirates of the Burning Sea  |  Topic: GoGamer 48 hour sale: PotBS for 90 cents  
Jump to: