Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:03:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Monday Night Combat (XBLA) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Monday Night Combat (XBLA)  (Read 2646 times)
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

on: August 14, 2010, 05:23:28 PM

I've been having so much fun with this game, it needs it's own topic, since I've heard nothing from any other f13'ers on the game.

It's a 3rd person class-based team vs. shooter with tower defense style gameplay mixed in, with a TF2 graphic style, presented as a goofy futuristic gameshow.

Gameplay is two teams attempting to destroy the other's Moneyball. Robots automatically spawn for both sides, and progress towards the other team's Moneyball. The Moneyball is protected by a shield that only bots can take down, but once it's down only players can damage it. You can build a variety of turrets to defend your own ball with cash, which you earn during the round. You can also upgrade your character's abilities with the cash you earn (3 active and 1 passive ability each) as well as upgrade turrets and spawn your own class-specific robot. You can also customize your favorite classes by purchasing Custom Class slots, where you can prioritize 3 benefits, such as accuracy, movement speed, reload speed, armor, etc.

Here are a couple developer youtubes on two of the classes that really gives you an idea how the game plays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmbTWbkA3Lk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktsVSqotm5o

In addition to the team vs. mode, there is a pure co-op mode against waves of bots. 2 player splitscreen is available for both offline and online multi.

For 15 bucks this game is an absolute steal.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 08:16:46 PM

Shame it's not cross platform. Looks like a lot of fun.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 01:48:51 AM

It's annoying, I do kind of want to play this but I don't want to pay Gold for one game. Maybe I'll get it as a companion piece to play with Halo Reach or something.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 04:56:53 PM

So... TF2 DOTA? Sounds pretty fun tbh  awesome, for real

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 12:12:53 PM

So far its only gotten praise for balance and fun. Heck, they even have a support class everyone wants to play.
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 12:46:40 PM

After putting quite a few more hours into the game - it is still a lot of fun. Highly recommended.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Monday Night Combat (XBLA)  
Jump to: