Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:24:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Kingdoms of Camelot 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kingdoms of Camelot  (Read 4013 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

on: July 30, 2010, 07:31:58 PM

A new, up and coming real time strategy game on Facebook.

It's one of those kingdom builders where you manage resources, troops, and so on, and battle others. 

It seems very time intensive getting everything built.  New players are given either 4 days or 6 days of sanctuary from attacking players.  I'm still at the building stage, so I have no idea how the fighting part goes, or even if I'll have the stamina to continue to play it in 4 days.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 11:15:30 AM

So are you still playing this?  And if you are, do you regret having started?   awesome, for real  I've been waiting for the one-week report before I allow myself to get sucked in.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 02:42:27 PM

I am still playing.  It's still pretty much constant babysitting, to get everything built.  If you want a game that sits in a tab that you have to check in on all day, then this is the game for you!  Or maybe I'm just too OCD on it or something.

I am just beginning to fight but haven't engaged players yet. 

Again, I don't know if I will be playing in a week.  If I wasn't recovering from shoulder surgery, I'm not sure I'd be playing this now.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 03:37:53 PM

Sounds a little too OCD for me...  stuff like The West where I can queue up six hours worth of actions at once AND I don't get skullfucked if I wander off for a month is more my speed.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 04:39:22 PM

Yes, I think the West is more my speed as well. 

In this one, a person cannot even queue up buildings.  One building at a time. 

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 04:52:01 PM

I started playing this as well. My newb protection ends today (or in 3 days; that's how long my Mists of Avalon are up for anyway), so I'll see how bad the skullfucking is.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 03:23:01 AM

I've been playing it. A lot of the stuff has build times between 5 minutes - 2 hours so yea there can be a lot of baby sitting. But there are some stuff (Castle upgrades, wall upgrades, fletching research) that take 10+ hours to do which is usually what you want to upgrade before you log off for the night. There's pretty much no restriction on attacking low level players assuming they're out of beginner protection. However, you're not going to lose any of your buildings or research, you'll only lose resources (unless your storehouse is big enough) and gold (which is pretty easily replacable and really only used for a couple of things).

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 01:16:44 PM

Oh, I just found out that defensive units can be queued up on the wall and don't seem to have a maintenance cost (past the original cost to build).

Offensive units can be queued through the barracks.

So you can only build one building at a time, no queue, but you can queue units.

There is also a storehouse that can be built/upgraded, to preserve some resources, and one can also research shrinking powder, which makes storehouses more effective.

My mists have been gone for a while, one guy scouted me, but so far, no attacks. 
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 02:30:04 PM

The amount of units you can have queued up seems limited by the barracks; each barrack you have allows you to queue one additional stack of units. I'm not sure if the defensive queue is limited by the level of the wall, or also limited by number of barracks, as mine are currently both the same (4 barracks, lvl 4 wall, 4 queue limit for defensive and offensive units).

The storehouse protects everything but gold, buildings cannot be destroyed, and you can hide your troops inside your castle. So the only thing you lose when attacked is defensive units, gold, and resources beyond the level of your storehouse.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Pyran
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 08:52:25 PM

The game is Evony re-done for facebook so yes the limit to the que for def unit is based on wall level.  Offensive unit limit is based on individual barrack level.

End game is simple, you can be a lamb or wolf.  Its no fun being a lamb but most players will have to be a lamb.

Hints:
Do not be afraid of going negative production on food, you'll need to if you want to have a decent army.  In Evony I had neg. production of 14 million food per hour before I quit.  You'll feed your troops by raiding NPC cities and lambs...

Mid game, convert all your farms into mine or lumber.  All you need is 1 max farm or quary for research pre-req.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 07:25:14 PM

But there are no large breasted women in it!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Kingdoms of Camelot  
Jump to: