Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:30:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  Topic: Austin Game Conference - Sep 9-10, 2004 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Austin Game Conference - Sep 9-10, 2004  (Read 8905 times)
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

on: April 04, 2004, 05:18:32 AM

Just a quick remindr that the Austin Game Conference is coming up in September.  I had a good time at it last year and can highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys GDC (and/or thinks GDC is too big).

http://www.gameconference.com

Bruce
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 08:03:32 AM

Good god man, I realise some of us like to plan ahead and shit, but its freaking 6 months away!!!

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 12:57:23 PM

Well, if you're a professional and you're trying to get your company to pay for it and book your travel and reservations, it's not uncommon to plan such trips up to a year in advance.  And often it takes months of repeated pestering of your HR people to actually get everything arranged.  Many a hotel room has been lost because someone sits on your request for too long before trying to make a reservation...

The places near larger events like GDC and E3 fill up months in advance.  Something like Austin Game Conference, probably not.  But still, it's good to plan ahead.

Bruce
Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 12:50:20 AM

Quote from: SurfD
Good god man, I realise some of us like to plan ahead and shit, but its freaking 6 months away!!!

I lost out on Cebit due to every hotel room within a 100 mile radius being booked - I am allready now buttering up the boss for CES 2005 with E3 being a lost cause...

Agreeing with SB is the final sign of the apocalypse, right?!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 04:21:11 AM

Quote from: SurfD

Err, first of all it's 5 months, and secondly -- I personally like to plan things ahead sometimes.  Especially conferences like that, and especially if you have to make travel arrangements (which I don't).

As for the conference itself, sounds pretty cool.  I'm definitely going to look into going.  It's on my birthday weekend too, w00t.  FrEe pHaT lEwTz plz?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  Topic: Austin Game Conference - Sep 9-10, 2004  
Jump to: