Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:22:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Red Dead: Redemption a.k.a. How The West Was Fun 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Red Dead: Redemption a.k.a. How The West Was Fun  (Read 135029 times)
fatboy
Terracotta Army

Reply #350 on: June 29, 2010, 10:17:31 AM

Question:

Has anyone had any problems with the game counting disarming?

I am on the sharpshooter task that I have to 2 shoot the hats off 2 people and disarm 2 people.

The former was very easy, but I seem to be stuck on the latter.  I *know* for absolute certain I have disarmed people, because I see their gun fly, and then they run to their horse to try to get away because they have no gun.  I am stuck at one (1) disarm on the counter.  I have disarmed at least 5 other persons, and I am still at one.

Has this happened to anyone?  Do you think it will "fix itself" if I keep trying and trying?

If you don't want to hear the answer -- don't ask the question.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #351 on: June 29, 2010, 10:21:28 AM

I had a similar problem but once I made sure I hitting just the gun and not any part of their hand I got it.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
fatboy
Terracotta Army

Reply #352 on: June 29, 2010, 10:30:26 AM

Ahhhh....maybe that is it.

Thanks!

If you don't want to hear the answer -- don't ask the question.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #353 on: June 29, 2010, 10:50:42 AM

It's very difficult when you're more than a few feet away to accurately target the gun. Aiming for rifles is much easier, especially if they are behind cover or are not otherwise aiming the gun at you.

Hatshots are tricky. Mexicans tend to have larger hats to shoot off but the game is REALLY finnicky with targeting and that cursor you use can sometimes be as big as the hat, head, and neck.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #354 on: June 29, 2010, 11:02:09 AM

I am still stuck on the rank 5. I can't seem to get off two shots on two different targets. I paint one and by the time I pull the gun over it fires off and I am out of Dead Eye. Then again, I haven't played around with it in a week due to frustration.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #355 on: June 29, 2010, 04:42:29 PM

Does anyone have tips for killing cougars with a knife?  I need two for that challenge.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #356 on: June 29, 2010, 04:58:26 PM

Stab them why so serious?

I've heard of people shooting them with the start pistol once (not in the head, aim for the hind legs area) and then stab them since they'll have less hp at that point. I haven't done it my self and just going on hear say, but it's worth a shot. Or try hog tying them? I haven't done that either but that may work

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #357 on: June 30, 2010, 03:36:29 AM

Can't hogtie them, I tried.  Also tried wounding them first but maybe I need to try that again and aim better. 
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #358 on: June 30, 2010, 12:32:12 PM

Does anyone have tips for killing cougars with a knife?  I need two for that challenge.

I just had my knife out in a place where cougars kept spawning, and spammed the L2/R2 buttons whenever one got close. It did take a while, and I went through several horses.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #359 on: June 30, 2010, 09:58:02 PM

I just had my knife out in a place where cougars kept spawning, and spammed the L2/R2 buttons whenever one got close. It did take a while, and I went through several horses.
Pretty much this. I found a good place to find infinite-cougars is just north of MacFarlane's Ranch.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #360 on: July 01, 2010, 11:18:28 AM

Dead Eye them in the legs once or twice, then switch to the knife.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #361 on: July 01, 2010, 11:41:27 AM

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #362 on: July 01, 2010, 12:00:17 PM

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #363 on: July 01, 2010, 12:31:25 PM

I loved Punch-Out!! in the arcades.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #364 on: July 01, 2010, 09:40:22 PM

Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #365 on: July 01, 2010, 09:49:32 PM

I watched that Punch-Out!! video to the bitter end.

AKA Gyoza
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #366 on: July 08, 2010, 02:22:56 PM

4 DLC packs announced.

Legends and Killers Pack - 800MS Points/$9.99 PSN
- 9 new multiplayer map locations
- 8 new multiplayer characters (Play as Red Dead Revolver characters)
- New projectile weapon: the Tomahawk (With single and multiplayer challenges)
- New achievements and trophies
- Release: Beginning of August 2010

Liars and Cheats Pack - 800MS Points/$9.99 PSN
- Attack and Defend multiplayer competitive mode and challenges
- New multiplayer horse races (Including mounted combat)
- Play as "heroes and villains" from Redemption and 8 additional characters
- Multiplayer versions of "Liars Dice" and "Poker"
- New weapon: the Explosive Rifle (With single and multiplayer challenges)
- New achievements and trophies
- Release: To be considered

Free Roam Pack - Pricing: To be considered
- New Free Roam Challenges
- New action areas and defensive placements
- Posse scoring and leaderboards
- New "anti-griefing" measures in Free Roam

Undead Nightmare Pack - 800MS Points/$9.99 PSN
- New single-player adventure, challenges and quests
- 8 "Zombie" multiplayer characters
- New animals "unleashed" in the world
- New dynamic events and more

Not really sure why "new anti-griefing measures in Free Roam" would be part of a DLC pack instead of just an automatic update.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #367 on: July 08, 2010, 02:26:17 PM

Liars and Cheats Pack - 800MS Points/$9.99 PSN
- Multiplayer versions of "Liars Dice" and "Poker"
Heart

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #368 on: July 08, 2010, 02:27:45 PM

...Undead Nightmare?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #369 on: July 08, 2010, 03:19:37 PM

Yeah, I'm not quite sure about the undead pack.  That wasn't quite the theme I was signing up for when I bought the game.  It's novel, but breaks a wall that should have been left standing.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #370 on: July 08, 2010, 07:22:22 PM

It's even worse (for me) that the Zombie pack is the only one focused on the single player.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #371 on: July 08, 2010, 08:59:55 PM

I didn't quite see that through the shock of the content.  Not sure what they're thinking there... if you're going to do the undead addon, it should be multiplayer at least, ala L4D. 
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #372 on: July 09, 2010, 02:40:19 AM

Yeah, I'm not quite sure about the undead pack.  That wasn't quite the theme I was signing up for when I bought the game.  It's novel, but breaks a wall that should have been left standing.

Doesn't really bother me since I beat the game already.  Not something I would have messed around with in the middle of a playthrough, but at this point it wouldn't really break immersion for me.  Plus I loved the Jonah Hex: Two Gun Mojo mini, so Western + Zombies is good in my book.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #373 on: July 09, 2010, 03:49:11 AM

Disappointed in the dearth of solo play content, I might pick up the undead one.  Oh and Liar's Dice is my favorite mini-game.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #374 on: August 09, 2010, 11:40:26 AM

Legends and Killers DLC pack available tomorrow.  Adds a tomahawk and 9 new multiplayer map locations, eight characters from Red Dead Revolver and new achievements and trophies.  $9.99 on ps3 network.

(This is not the DLC with multiplayer poker - that is the next one, called Liars and Cheats, date TBA).
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #375 on: August 14, 2010, 01:13:41 PM

Anyone know if there's a way to get the other DLC codes for this game other than buying them on Ebay?

I got the Assassin's outfit from my preorder with American Gamestop, but there's the Golden Guns and War Horse that are still available, at least.  Damn things are ~$30 on Ebay... obviously not spending that.  I'm being kind of 'gotta catch em all' with this DLC for some reason.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #376 on: November 24, 2010, 10:39:35 PM

So, the Undead Nightmare disc came out on 360 and PS3.
Anyone know if the 360 version contains the DLC in self-contained playable form (like the GTA4 Episodes pack) or if it just contains codes for the DLC (like Resident Evil 4: Gold).

I've been holding out for the disc in the hope that Zombie mode at least can be played off the disc on any XBox rather than tied to one machine/account as DLC.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #377 on: November 24, 2010, 10:54:18 PM

I believe it's a stand alone disc, not a set of download codes.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #378 on: November 25, 2010, 05:29:26 AM

I know there's a disc in there, but waiting on confirmation on exactly how it's done before pulling the trigger on it. RE5 Gold on PS3 has everything on the disc. RE5 on 360 has the basic game on the disc with the codes for alll the DLC (as does BF:BC2 Special edition).

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #379 on: December 26, 2010, 10:47:44 AM

Just put this back in for a spin for the first time in months - initially to try and finish the main story while I have some time off so I can play the Zombie content. After initially getting frustrated with the fact that I'd forgotten the controls, how fucking slow the game is, and how tedious and unfun (for me) the gambling stuff is, I got a bit more Zen and decided to not bother trying to finish it, and instead consider it something to throw on now and then to ride around and do a random mission or two. ie not consider it a game to be actively playing, but an occasional distraction instead.

So anyway, I've forgotten so much about this game, so a couple quick questions, and more as they come up -

Is there any actual point to any of the MMO-Tradeskill-style shit you pick up, or is it all just for cash? Herbs, hides, meat, etc - All just vendor fodder?
Aside from houses (which are pointless fluff considering the campfire you get), and the occasional ammo restocking, is there any point at all to money?
Will dipping in and out of Undead Nightmare now spoiler the main game plot?

thanks!

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #380 on: December 26, 2010, 10:57:35 AM

Is there any actual point to any of the MMO-Tradeskill-style shit you pick up, or is it all just for cash? Herbs, hides, meat, etc - All just vendor fodder?

I believe there might be some collecting quests, but as I recall they start when you get the quest, so your inventory contents would not matter.  So yes, vendor trash.

Aside from houses (which are pointless fluff considering the campfire you get), and the occasional ammo restocking, is there any point at all to money?

You can also buy horses, and, I believe, weapons that unlock at certain levels.  Maps are good too, and there's an enhanced campsite - although I haven't really found that it matters all that much.  Some other items that supposedly have abilities - maybe they do and maybe they don't, I didn't notice a difference.

Will dipping in and out of Undead Nightmare now spoiler the main game plot?

I don't think so.  From what I could determine from watching my son play Undead Nightmare, it takes place prior to the end of the main game anyway.

(Bear in mind that I haven't played this for several months, so things might have changed).
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #381 on: December 26, 2010, 11:02:32 AM

Thanks!

I just remembered another one - once you finish the main quest, or get close, is there a point where the sidequests and random riding around doing stuff gets cut off? Or can you still ride around town doing collects and skinning animals and gambling or whatever after you finish the game?

MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #382 on: December 26, 2010, 11:05:03 AM

You can still ride around and finish everything after the end of the game. You may not want to though, I was too annoyed to finish anything after what happens at the end.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #383 on: December 26, 2010, 11:12:53 AM

That's cool. (I think). I just have a total disinterest in stuff like the gambling, and I'd like in theory to be able to go back and do any side missions I miss or play the gambling games etc without needing to start a new game. But after putting it in thinking "I'm going to go get something done!" in terms of working towards finishing the game and then ending up riding shotgun on a stagecoach for 10 minutes listening to some dialogue (ok I could have skipped it, but I wanted to hear the story), I figure I'm just going to go around doing whatever and whichever story missions look interesting, and when the game ends, it ends.

If I don't have to stress about needing to do all the side missions as I play through (in case they get cut off) then it'll be much more relaxed as I play through whatever I manage to play through.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #384 on: December 26, 2010, 11:58:23 AM

There is at least one set of side missions that you cannot complete after finishing the main campaign - the "I Know You" ones go away after that, so those are worth finding and doing before you finish the main story. There are a set of 3, they open up as you progress through the main story.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Red Dead: Redemption a.k.a. How The West Was Fun  
Jump to: