Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:07:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: End of Nations (MMORTS) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: End of Nations (MMORTS)  (Read 73090 times)
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: June 01, 2012, 07:50:09 AM

Did this just get pushed back to "closed alpha" status?

As far as I know they've only ever been in closed alpha?
So then what's with the huge marketing push for beta invites the past 6 months?
I guess they've just taken a big step back across the boards.  Anyways, I got an alpha invite.  NDA though of course.  Will see if I can get a grp. invite for those interested. (unless someone already did, hence why I got one)

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: June 15, 2012, 08:51:48 AM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #142 on: June 15, 2012, 10:08:31 AM

So they're going for a goofy esports vibe?

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: June 15, 2012, 10:21:22 AM

In that video, yeah. The game at large? No idea.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: June 20, 2012, 03:41:52 PM

Maybe you should wait until you see a Trion video before pulling out the jump to conclusions mat.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: June 20, 2012, 04:59:10 PM

Maybe you should wait until you see a Trion video before pulling out the jump to conclusions mat.

That video was a trion video, it was their e3 hype video.  That being said, they aren't really going for that vibe as near as I can tell, they've said they have a lot of eSports fans on the dev team, but that they don't intended to have anything eSportsy in on launch.  (Mike Legg said this recently in an interview with Total Biscuit).

Either way, it was an odd video honestly.  Then again, I'm not 100% sure they even know where they are going with the game at this point.  It seems like a bunch of ideas mashed together and I'm not so sure that it is going to work out.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: June 20, 2012, 07:03:04 PM

My bad then.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: June 21, 2012, 09:59:34 AM

My bad then.

No worries.  Here is the video I was referring to with Mike Legg and Total Biscuit if anyone is interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN3mnVcPzr0&feature=g-u-u

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #148 on: June 23, 2012, 02:41:59 PM

That's why I noticed it, because nothing I'd seen of the game before had given me the Smash TV sort of e-Sports vibe that video did. It seemed... odd, thus I noted it. I'm still not sure this game has any attraction for me. I'm terribad at RTS but I am intrigued at the idea of how they shoehorn MMO onto RTS.

Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: June 23, 2012, 08:40:11 PM

That's why I noticed it, because nothing I'd seen of the game before had given me the Smash TV sort of e-Sports vibe that video did. It seemed... odd, thus I noted it. I'm still not sure this game has any attraction for me. I'm terribad at RTS but I am intrigued at the idea of how they shoehorn MMO onto RTS.

If anything pvp thought me - you either become good at it  or have iron skin 10 inches thick.   Losing is bad enough, losing and being actually bad is worse as you get called  all kind of things and all sort of rated x action suggested done to you and your familiy
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: June 24, 2012, 09:35:34 AM

If anything pvp thought me - you either become good at it  or have iron skin 10 inches thick.   Losing is bad enough, losing and being actually bad is worse as you get called  all kind of things and all sort of rated x action suggested done to you and your familiy

Well, Petroglyph/Trion seem to be trying to make a game which offers something for everyone who wants to play an RTS.  So, according to what they've said you should be able to contribute to the meta game  (zone/world control) by just playing PvE if you want to.  I think the success of this game is going to rest widely on how good this meta game ends up actually being.  I worry that it could end up something like WAR, where it ends up being a gimmick that people simply exploit for the sake of ideal loot drops.   If they manage to pull it off, it could be pretty compelling.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: June 29, 2012, 10:07:42 AM

What we know (and don't know) about the End of Nations PvP Metagame

http://www.rtsguru.com/game/16/article/3355/The-Mysterious-Metagame-of-End-of-Nations.html
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: July 03, 2012, 09:28:26 AM

Pricing: http://endofnations.com/en/products/founders-edition/compare-benefits/

EDIT:  Actually a bunch of news:

Closed Beta in 16 days, countdown clock here: http://endofnations.com/en/beta/

Information on founders edition: http://endofnations.com/en/products/founders-edition/ ($30)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 09:41:15 AM by Malakili »
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: July 04, 2012, 03:23:51 AM

Have video game companies completely lost the meaning of the word "veteran"? Can I pay someone and pretend I've toured Iraq?
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: July 04, 2012, 06:39:51 AM

Have video game companies completely lost the meaning of the word "veteran"? Can I pay someone and pretend I've toured Iraq?

I think the idea is that if you buy the founders then you will have played in beta already by the time the game is released.   Therefore you will be a veteran, and therefore it is a "Veteran's Bonus."
All told, that is an awful odd thing to pick out of this announcement to get upset about though.  I'm much more interested in seeing what they are offering that is worth anything like 15 bucks a month.  Obviously that 15 dollar subscription side of it is optional, but I haven't seen anything that indicates I'll get anything like 15 bucks a month out of this game.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: July 04, 2012, 11:16:24 AM

Besides, according to dictionary.com veteran has 2 meanings, one of which has nothing to do with military service.

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: July 04, 2012, 11:50:00 AM

I can always rely on you guys to nitpick my nitpickings  Heart

What is the chance to get into the beta if I sign up now? My Trion account's second security question is "Where did you buy your first car?" and I don't have a car.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: July 04, 2012, 02:38:22 PM

I can always rely on you guys to nitpick my nitpickings  Heart

What is the chance to get into the beta if I sign up now? My Trion account's second security question is "Where did you buy your first car?" and I don't have a car.

Look for the dropdown menu. I'm positive my second question is different than that.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: July 12, 2012, 05:57:13 PM

They are doing a Twitch.tv live stream of the game right now: http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

Edit: and its over.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 06:25:33 PM by Malakili »
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: July 19, 2012, 06:15:56 PM

Check your emails!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Also why the same weekend as GW2? FML
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: July 19, 2012, 08:37:33 PM

NDA

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: December 05, 2012, 10:59:24 AM

Well, not that this has been a real hot title around these parts anyway, but: http://www.gamespot.com/news/end-of-nations-dev-laying-off-30-report-6401092

"Well, it appears this winter break will be extended indefinitely," Stevens said. This was followed by, "Layoffs at Petroglyph. Looking like I'll be leaving Las Vegas."

News of layoffs at the company follows publisher Trion and Petroglyph indefinitely postponing the open beta phase for End of Nations, with refunds going out to those who had already made a purchase. Petroglyph said "several key areas" of End of Nations need "polish and improvement."

Fears of the massively multiplayer online real-time strategy game's outright cancellation appear to be without merit, as End of Nations community manager Lance James bluntly stated in the game's forums, "End of Nations has not been canceled!"

I can't really say more without potentially breaking an NDA, so I'll just let this one speak for itself.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #162 on: December 05, 2012, 11:31:37 AM

This makes me sad. I was wishing for this to be good.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: December 05, 2012, 11:35:06 AM

Yeah, sucks.  NDA

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: December 05, 2012, 12:53:16 PM

They still have an NDA for this game?
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: December 05, 2012, 02:06:14 PM

They still have an NDA for this game?

For certain tests.  There was at least one no-NDA "public" test a while ago, but they continued with closed testing throughout, for which the NDA has not been lifted.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: December 05, 2012, 04:50:15 PM

What I'm hearing at least is that the game is not dead, but will be completely handled by Trion now.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: December 05, 2012, 06:23:56 PM

What I'm hearing at least is that the game is not dead, but will be completely handled by Trion now.

Yeah, which honestly might not be a bad thing.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: December 06, 2012, 06:03:22 AM

That's a great thing most likely.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: July 10, 2013, 03:08:02 PM

Well, they went totally dark for a long time - apparently overhauling the entire game.  Today a new website launched and they are rebranding this thing as a "tactical MOBA" whatever the hell that means.   Looks like any semblance of "MMO" this might have had is gone.

End of Nations® is a tactical MOBA where your success on the battlefield depends on the heroes and units you command and quick decision making in the heat of combat. Dominate during team-based matches and catapult your commander to the top of the ranks.

Perhaps given the taste of people around here the fact that this is a MOBA now will actually make it more interesting rather than less.

It looks like they are doing a new beta soon, and you have to re-sign up for it by the looks of things:

http://www.endofnations.com/en/register/
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #170 on: July 10, 2013, 03:29:46 PM

RTS MOBA sounds a whole helluva lot more workable than MMORTS. Plus, MOBA's are the new hotness - MMOG's are so 2k's.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: July 11, 2013, 08:00:14 AM

Why didn't they just make this an updated version of Shattered Galaxy and release it 3 years ago? That game was basically an MMO RTS / "RTS MOBA" and it was great.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: July 11, 2013, 09:30:30 AM

I think I got the alpha to work once or something and the damned thing felt more like a MOBA anyways.  Small maps, not a lot of units, obvious chokepoints, etc.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: March 03, 2014, 03:14:57 AM

Apparently, this game is either dead or was sent way back to the drawing board, as it's been completely removed from any mention on Trion Worlds' website.

Anyone with a NDA wanna comment?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: March 03, 2014, 03:49:45 AM

Apparently, this game is either dead or was sent way back to the drawing board, as it's been completely removed from any mention on Trion Worlds' website.

Anyone with a NDA wanna comment?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hmm.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: End of Nations (MMORTS)  
Jump to: