Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:01:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Mythic billing vendor snafu 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mythic billing vendor snafu  (Read 74427 times)
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

on: April 08, 2010, 01:39:55 PM

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 02:14:28 PM

I was expecting people getting billed maybe 5 or 6 times. Dudes getting billed 30 times and then one getting billed like 20+ times for six month subs, out over a grand plus overdraft penalties. AMAZING.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 03:27:26 PM

If you can't get billing right.  Facepalm

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 11:52:24 PM

Interesting that it happened at around the same time as lots of people reporting their accounts being hacked.  Probably unrelated but it hasn't helped things.

linky

Quote from: James Nichols
There is no evidence on our side to show a Brute-Force attack against our account center. We realize this is a stressful experience for you; however, you will need to discuss this with an in-game CSR, if you have already and did not have the issue addressed satisfactorily you can contact dispute@warhammeronline.com; however, this can take several days and will not be responded to if your ticket is still under review.

With that said please keep discussion in the thread I have request, I appreciate your cooperation in keeping the discussions consolidated, thank you!

http://forums.warhammeronline.com/warhammer/board/message?board.id=p2psupport&thread.id=15810

James Nichols
Community Forums Manager
Quote from: Misfit
There is no evidence on my side showing I was compromised by a keylogger. I am tired of being treated like an idiot and I am also in the IT field as I have stated before. I have 13 years of professional experience in creating, administering and keeping networks secure. I changed my password frequently and am adamant about my security on my home network. It is easy to keep playing this blame game. I would rather simply get all my items and gold back so I can go ahead and leave you guys alone about this already. I am an honest player and have been a paying customer since launch on multiple accounts I even bought for my friends and paid for.   

Even now you guys sit here and act innocent about your uncompromised site when you can’t even bill people correctly. And I am a victim of that now too. You have no idea how frustrated I am. I know what it is like to be in your shoes as I have been in your situation. And you guys by far are doing a very bad job at looking like it is all secure on your end. especially when people in my own guild have over $2k charged to their accounts. And that is just 1 member! Added all up and we are in the $4k+ at least just from what I heard today. 

And then even if this does get all fixed and I decide I want to stay, and don’t be fooled it would not be because of Mythic or your efforts to make me happy, it would be for the sake of the fact I love playing with my friends in my guild,  Mythic won’t even offer me a free month, a cool mount, even a special item because your customer service sucks worse than anything I have ever seen in my 13 years of professional IT career.

And still here it is DAYS later and still no answer to the subject: What is Mythic going to do about all the hacked accounts?

Saw a couple of reports of inactive people being billed numerous times too, as Mythic policy is that the players have to contact their financial institution, I guess the money that doesn't get reclaimed is free.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 04:39:22 AM

Which begs the question: why in the FUCK would I ever sub to this? Every so often I hover my finger over the resub button, just to check out something besides the free stuff. I never do because the game fucking sucks and I remember that but what about the day I forget? What about the day I cave in to check out an expansion pack? All this does is make sure I don't forget and don't cave.
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 10:02:30 AM

Reading the further on postings is scary. Either the CSR's don't have the tools to preform a character restore, or even worse there's no tracking the flow of gold/items in the game.

CSR will not return items unless you can pay the gold to them for each item at vender price.
CSR will not take gold from the person who stole it so you can afford to buy stuff back.
CSR will not take any action against the person who hacked your account.
CSR did give me an option to pay for my items back as I aquired more gold.
I did not accept this as a solution and asked to be escalated higher.
CSR said I was at the highest tier of CSR.
I said so that is it that is my solution.
CSR responded that is all they could do.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 10:12:40 AM

CSR Said "I cannot help thee with that."  awesome, for real

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 10:30:55 AM

The player support forum allows players to post problems and (I guess the intention was for other) players, to give solutions.

http://forums.warhammeronline.com/warhammer/board?board.id=p2psupport

I liked the accepted solution for the **This is what Mythic is doing about hacked accounts** thread.

Edit to add, same thread.

So yeah after getting my refund from the last 15 times Mythic charged me they decided to charge me 15 times again TODAY!
Dunno if it's true or not, but  Rimshot

Vnboards so swamp poop but people might want to take 60 seconds to check.

One of my friends who hasn't played since november 08 got charged around $2000 it's left him with nothing he's having to borrow money to feed himself + alot of his bills are due in the next week or two.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 10:40:17 AM by Arthur_Parker »
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 10:50:22 AM

I think we're witnessing a game implode before our very eyes.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 11:03:54 AM

Hey, At least WAR is news again.

Warhammer Actually Costing Players $40K
Warhammer Online & Dark Ages Of Camelot Pillaging Bank Accounts
Warhammer Online Bug Results in More Than $US300 Monthly Fees
A screw-up in EA’s Warhammer Online billing system has resulted in many players being charged upwards of 22 times for a one-month subscription, filling bank accounts with overdraft fees and the Warhammer forums with very angry players.
EA has billing issue with Warhammer Online
Bugs can be annoying, but when they make you pay up to 22 times the normal amount for a month's subscription, "annoying" isn't really the right word anymore.
Billing Error Strikes Warhammer Online
Warhammer Online Users Hit With Repeated Overcharges
Mythic quickly acknowledged the fiasco with a post on the game's community site.
Warhammer Online refunds coming due to billing issue
It's because Mythic screwed up.
Warhammer Online Players Overcharged
Warhammer blunder hits home, players billed multiple times
It's hard to describe the epicness of this fail, and EA are trying to reassure players that everything's going to be ok;
Warhammer Online overcharges players
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 11:55:36 AM

I can see it now... "We can't refund your money, but we will grant you a lifetime subscription!"

This is comedy gold.  Who says that it can't get better after the ship has already sunk?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 12:13:04 PM

I can see it now... "We can't refund your money, but we will grant you a lifetime subscription!"

This is comedy gold.  Who says that it can't get better after the ship has already sunk?

Where do you think we find all the gold coins and stuff from  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 12:18:23 PM

Not me.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 12:21:14 PM

DAoC vn board thread from 7th April, is up to 12 pages.

Quote from: Andy_Mythic
We are investigating this right now.

Quote from: Jestyc
Thanks Andy... make sure to unban my 2 terminated accounts for billing me 31 times.

http://camelotherald.com/news/index.php

Update - 2:10PM EST: Please note, we have changed the instructions below for players who have been billed multiple times. To assist us in providing the best possible service please contact your financial institution prior to contacting EA Billing Support as we can only assist with resolving additional fees after you have been reimbursed.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 12:25:11 PM

I don't think I've ever seen a multi-charge fiasco on the scale of this. It's pretty awesome in scope and they're completely unprepared for it.
BitWarrior
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 12:45:44 PM

Not me.

Draegan, you still play?

Might I inquire, after this incident, do you still intend on playing? (With the assumption the above screenshot is your own)

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.
BoatApe
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 12:53:54 PM

WAR is Everywhere! (on your bank statement)...
WayAbvPar

Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 12:54:51 PM

Ahahahhahahahahhahahaaha

This is just EPIC clownshoes. Make sure you do the legwork for us or you won't get reimbursed! Fuck that shit. Pity it isn't enough money to bother enlisting an attorney to deal with it. That would be almost as fun as the Dmart/Allen case.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 12:59:04 PM

Not me.

Draegan, you still play?

Might I inquire, after this incident, do you still intend on playing? (With the assumption the above screenshot is your own)
I typed out "Not me." because it wasn't me.

I haven't subscribed since after the first month.
zwohand
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 01:43:58 PM

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 01:51:47 PM

You might have made it a bit clearer that the above is from Dec 13 2003

edit to add.
Mythic Billing Mistake Overcharges DAoC & Warhammer Online Subscribers

Current record holder.

One player reported being charged 333 times for a total of $4,991.77.
Mythic has not returned calls and had no comment when asked how this huge error occurred.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 02:11:57 PM by Arthur_Parker »
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 02:20:39 PM

You might have made it a bit clearer that the above is from Dec 13 2003

It was also filed by the completely disinterested author of at the time DAOC's most notorious radar hack.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 02:29:29 PM by Lum »
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 02:51:58 PM

Haha, and to think I was toying around with the idea of subbing for a month.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 04:30:56 PM

Haha, and to think I was toying around with the idea of subbing for a month.

Exactly. And my brother and I were talking about the little murmurs about an expansion with some skaven in it and how we'd probably buy it, just to do skaven 1-20. Holy shit, no, what? Goddamn, no way will they ever get a cent from me. I have a baby and a mortgage, thanks, and no game is worth losing either.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #24 on: April 09, 2010, 05:07:39 PM

They may as well restructure into F2P now, this is going to be a fair hit to their already lackluster sub numbers.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #25 on: April 09, 2010, 05:15:15 PM

Charging a multiple monthly fees to people who don't play your game is a novel business plan.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #26 on: April 09, 2010, 07:26:14 PM

So they take a ton of cash from these charges, day trade it, and reimburse the next day. Fucking brilliant.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Votan
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 09, 2010, 08:38:52 PM

The only problem with day trading is we are talking Mythic they would lose more money than they took.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 09, 2010, 08:55:49 PM

Bloody hell what a disaster.

I checked my credit card this morning and I'm good Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #29 on: April 09, 2010, 09:05:36 PM

Are US credit cards devoid of that feature where the credit card company says "This shit ain't right.." and stops it? Cause, I've had my card company call me when I purchased 3 items in succession because of a cashier fuck up. I can't imagine they would let 10+ transactions from the same company that only re-occur every month.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: April 10, 2010, 12:07:13 AM

Are US credit cards devoid of that feature where the credit card company says "This shit ain't right.." and stops it? Cause, I've had my card company call me when I purchased 3 items in succession because of a cashier fuck up. I can't imagine they would let 10+ transactions from the same company that only re-occur every month.
Juicy delicious overdraft fees.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: April 10, 2010, 12:31:51 AM

Is Mythic offering any kind of compensation to those affected? Also, doesn't something like this tank your credit rating?
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #32 on: April 10, 2010, 01:18:41 AM

EA ensures that WAR is profitable, no matter what.

Also: let's hope that SWOR uses an entirely different billing system.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #33 on: April 10, 2010, 01:29:35 AM

EA ensures that WAR is profitable, no matter what.

I should have thought to repost this.

UGO: Warhammer Online has had its ups and downs. What's your strategy around that game?

Muzyka: It's a really high quality MMO, and it's one of the highest-rated MMOs of all time. We are really proud of the team that did it. They did an amazing job delivering a really high-quality experience. It's been very successful; a lot of people have played it. Right now it's really profitable business unit within my group.

Mythic also just made it to CNN, which is nice.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: April 10, 2010, 02:15:36 AM

Just heard from an old City of Heroes friend who found out she got hit by this to the tune of nearly $2000 on a months-canceled account, and from what she's been telling me, overdraft and other fees are adding on nearly another $1000. She's working it out through her bank as best she can, but it's looking like it'll take quite a while to sort out the fee stuff, which is bad since she has student loans to pay off very soon.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Mythic billing vendor snafu  
Jump to: