Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:31:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Massive crucial patch, lots of item changes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Massive crucial patch, lots of item changes  (Read 10638 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

on: April 08, 2010, 10:23:29 AM

-Anyone know what the old blue buff did I'm not sure what those changes are
-I'll leave it to Schild or someone to decide what the Janna changes mean
-This feels almost like a miracle patch to me, the item changes will take a month to sort out whats best now + I love the sound bugs they are fixing!
-Does this nerf Jax enough?  Doubt it but he may be close enough to not global ban?
-The new gay Taric skin is fucking hilarious
-I really like how Kennen looks in the videos on yt I've seen of him playing on TR

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 11:27:19 AM

Holy patch, too much to comment on.  Jax nerf was probably not enough and Aegis of the Legion just got obliterated.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 11:30:24 AM

I played Kennen on the PTR quite a bit. He's totally awesome. Learning how to control your stuns takes a bit of work, but once you get it down he's amazing. The new haunting guise is fantastic on him.
Astorax
Contributor

Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 11:37:42 AM

Karthus will be even more beastly with the change to Archangel's...He can stack that extra mana so absurdly fast his AP just skyrockets.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 01:05:38 PM

Karthus will be even more beastly with the change to Archangel's...He can stack that extra mana so absurdly fast his AP just skyrockets.

Good point, that sucks because I hate Karthus and that is another blow to melee physicals being decent in top tier play.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 01:53:53 PM

I need to play Janna with those changes, but they're pretty sweet.

Heart and then building Archangel just made Kass disgusting too, not just Karthus.

Veigar will probably see more play now also. Haunting Guise is now automatic first item on Shaco and Kass and others imo.

Kennen is getting bought right when I get home. Lack of Nidalee in this patch makes schild happy.

Jax changes do nearly nothing.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 03:07:49 PM

Holy patch, too much to comment on.  Jax nerf was probably not enough and Aegis of the Legion just got obliterated.

Um I'm reading the Aegis as a buff....the aura is a little less but the total you get from it is higher. Am I missing something?

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 03:22:11 PM

Ill have to read the notes more carefully when I get home, very possible I reaf something wrong.  Aegis is all for the aura so if the aura got nerfed its a nerf to the item regardless of other changes.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 06:10:10 PM

Veigar will probably see more play now also.

I dunno, spell vamp depends on his spell DPS, and he has a lot of problems with that between his mana problems early game and his difficulty landing DM late game. Plus, the more manaless champs they introduce, the more useless his ult seems until draft mode.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 09:54:36 PM

Veigar is a champ that sadly I hope stays basically useless outside of a 5th pick situational in draft mode but yeah I'm not sure why we are talking about him all they did was make the cursor work better he got no buffs.

-William Gibson
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 06:37:28 AM

Loving Kennen.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 07:11:07 AM

Attack speed Kennen seems pretty potent.  You almost managed to carry us last night even when we were with 3 terrible, terrible players.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 07:12:06 AM

Ya, I got completely wafflestomped by a Kennan last night.  Had no idea what was going on.
schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 07:33:41 AM

I theorycrafted a better build while I was in bed last night. I should be around for a rack of games this evening.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 12:25:47 AM

Attack speed Kennen seems pretty potent.

Is that the normal build?  I'm having trouble getting him to work... seems like physical DPS Kennen is like a crappier TF, while AD Kennen needs to get right into melee range in order to get off his attacks (and his ult is completely blah).  And his AP ratios are so low that even if he pulls off a big EWR combo, it's not like a huge, battle ending superbomb.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 08:31:29 AM

Is that the normal build?  I'm having trouble getting him to work... seems like physical DPS Kennen is like a crappier TF, while AD Kennen needs to get right into melee range in order to get off his attacks (and his ult is completely blah).  And his AP ratios are so low that even if he pulls off a big EWR combo, it's not like a huge, battle ending superbomb.

Don't know what would be normal for him.  I think speed/ad/AP all work but from what I've played and seen he seems really strong early game but kind of tapers off late game unless he gets fed.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 09:28:46 PM

I'm probably a year behind the times when I say I just started playing this game and am enjoying myself 10x more than any DOTA game.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 08:43:58 AM

I'm probably a year behind the times when I say I just started playing this game and am enjoying myself 10x more than any DOTA game.

Name in game?

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 08:59:10 AM

Lorekeep. I need a basic strategy guide. I know the mechanics of the game but not the proper way to play. -.- I'm researching.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 09:44:25 AM

Don't die and keep your eye out for red on the minimap.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 10:13:35 AM

What Hat said, don't die above all else.  Push you lane up, make sure to be with the team when a fight starts, but above all when you're new don't die.  Everytime you die the enemy gets bonus gold and xp so if you die a lot you will cause your entire team to lose.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 01:08:14 PM

Looks like I start with one hero unlocked and the rest temporarily available? Not sure when they'll go away. I have Rammus who looks interesting to me and I'll attempt to learn. Guides say he can be a beast; I like that.

I look at everything they have for sale with the game... wow.

Astorax
Contributor

Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 01:18:22 PM

Looks like I start with one hero unlocked and the rest temporarily available? Not sure when they'll go away. I have Rammus who looks interesting to me and I'll attempt to learn. Guides say he can be a beast; I like that.

I look at everything they have for sale with the game... wow.

Yeah, every two weeks they rotate 10 (? I think 10) champions that are free to play.  You can either buy some Riot Points with real cash, and unlock heroes with that, OR you can just play, and you build up Influence Points as you play.  You can use the IP to unlock heroes too of course.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 02:46:31 PM

I'm going through all the threads on this forum now that I have somewhat of a clue. I think it was to my benefit to wait until they ironed out all the launch kinks. I was never huge into DotA, focused mainly on Console games in the last few months, but finally switching over to new and different PC games. I know there's some hate for what they did but from my perspective, I think it's fucking brilliant they released what is essentially a game that cannot be pirated and a reasonable store structure for obtaining upgrades / heroes / etc.

I have to do more analysis but I think they're getting good money. I'd love to know what it would cost if you racked up all the Riot Points required to unlock everything (excluding sales, including packages) and see what it would cost an average player to unlock from the get go.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 02:53:06 PM

You think the release kinks are ironed out? .....BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA...ha...heh....sorry.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 02:56:21 PM

You mean the continual disconnects from PvP.net aren't my home connection? >_>;

Edit: OK, why would I combine Runes when I can just buy the ones I need? You have to spend IP to get runes, but aren't all the possible runes listed in the store?

What happens if I only use 3 or 4 runes?

I think it's cool to throw a lottery in to consume IP points, but if there's a fixed purpose for the combiner (buy 5 of one rune, upgrade), then I don't understand why they would insert possibility of non-optimal use.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 03:12:10 PM by Lorekeep »

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 04:18:12 PM

Edit: OK, why would I combine Runes when I can just buy the ones I need? You have to spend IP to get runes, but aren't all the possible runes listed in the store?

There are different "tiers" of runes available depending on your level.  Tier 1 are always purchasable, tier 2 are purchaseable after level 10, and tier 3 are purchaseable after level 20.  Tier 3 runes are generally about twice as effective as tier 1, but about thirteen times as expensive.

The idea behind the combiner, I think, is that if you buy a bunch of cheap t1 runes, you're never going to use them once you start getting t3s, so there's a chance of you combining your cheap runes to get a more advanced one.  I think, anyway, never actually used it myself.
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 28, 2010, 06:15:25 PM

It's more of a relic from when you could not pick/buy the runes you wanted and had to combine random runes repeatedly till you got the one you wanted.

That system did not survive beta.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
schild
Administrator

Reply #28 on: April 28, 2010, 06:51:31 PM

Don't buy any runes until you're level 20.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: April 28, 2010, 08:07:00 PM

If that's the case, it seems to me to be a poorly designed system.

Lv. 20 is also a long ways away.

Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: April 28, 2010, 08:27:37 PM

Just buy tier 1 runes. They are good enough and cheap as can be.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Massive crucial patch, lots of item changes  
Jump to: