Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:20:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: White Collar 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: White Collar  (Read 1862 times)
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

on: March 05, 2010, 10:12:39 AM

Do any of you watch this? Is it good? I'm trying to decide if I want to find some way to catch the pilot and watch the first season to see if it is as interesting as some of the commercials look.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 10:14:32 AM

Yes. I think it's very good. I've been a fan of both the leads for a while now and they work well together. It has some of the same stretches of believability that Burn Notice has, but they both follow the same formula - one main threat/job/case per episode, with small movements on the overarching plot scattered within.

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 09:20:32 PM

Caught some of the White Collar some of the marathon this weekend.  Really digging it.  The leads are solid, if a bit campy at times, but the support characters really shine (Mozzie is a hundred different kinds of awesome, Alex is a hundred different kinds of hot).  It's a good, fun way to waste an hour watching.  Going to pick up season 1 on bluray next time I'm in Best Buy or where ever.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 09:24:59 PM

I liked it.

However, my local TV channel kept screwing with the time of episodes, so I've fallen out of watching it.

pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 11:25:44 PM

I like that the agent is smarter than the thief. The thief knows his stuff. He's a master at it. He knows every detail of every job...but in the big picture, out in the real world, the agent is always one step ahead. It's a great dynamic, and a welcome reversal of how these stories usually go.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 10:48:23 PM

Now that I have catched up with the whole series, I'd like to thank you guys for pointing this out for me... keep up the good work.  awesome, for real

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: White Collar  
Jump to: