Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:58:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Tournament Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tournament Thread  (Read 39278 times)
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: March 27, 2010, 04:39:50 PM

Solo mid game 10, I'm team 2, played Rammus -

Global - Taric/Jax

1-Soraka
2-Sivir
2-Alistar
1-Fiddle

2-Nidalee
1-Annie
1-Malphite
2-Tristana
2-Warwick
1-Ashe
1-Amumu
2-Rammus
2-Anivia
1-Twitch

Game was pretty basic back and forth.  Twitch was wrecked every time he showed his face, and later game we focused well and took them in just about every team fight.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: March 30, 2010, 07:24:13 PM

Game 11?, I'm team 1, played Alistar -

Global - Taric/TF

1-Fiddle
2-Jax
2-Nid
1-Sivir

2-Soraka
1-Alistar
1-Tristana
2-Warwick
2-Ashe
1-Annie
1-Amumu
2-Pirate
2-Malphite
1-Nasus

Their pirate got mostly owned mid vs trist and top lane was Ashe vs Alistar&Annie so she was pushed out of lane from the start and gave up first blood.  We mostly rolled them cleanly and effeciently the remainder of the game.  Chatting with the other team after the game they were pretty salty about their pirate who apparently spoke up late saying "Oh, I can play Pirate or Twitch, but no one else."
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 07:27:37 PM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: March 31, 2010, 09:14:19 AM

Does anyone even read my mini draft game write ups or am I wasting time posting them? :P

schild
Administrator

Reply #108 on: March 31, 2010, 09:38:55 AM

I read them, but I don't need to comment since everything makes sense to me.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #109 on: March 31, 2010, 09:51:11 AM

Does anyone even read my mini draft game write ups or am I wasting time posting them? :P

Yeah, I like reading em. Keep on rockin' in the free world.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: March 31, 2010, 10:19:46 AM

They have officialy reset scores and started season 1 as of Monday.  They also have 3v3 matches setup on the bot as well.

The rules are the same except the hos has the option of global banning 2 chanpions.  They are working on setting up a captains pick format in IRC as well but it looks like a lot of people are leery of it.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #111 on: March 31, 2010, 11:00:43 AM

So what is new during Season 1 at this point?  I thought they were going to make it captain's mode and I have no idea what the point of resetting elo's is.

Also, I read the write ups, I'd be playing draft again but I'd like to work on a few more champs first.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 11:04:44 AM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: March 31, 2010, 12:04:14 PM

3v3 is added, bigger prize payout at season end, host can global ban 2 champs.  I think that's it for now.  No captains pick yet.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #113 on: March 31, 2010, 01:42:06 PM

Oh there are prizes now?  Just based on highest elo?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: March 31, 2010, 06:00:30 PM

Game 12, team 1, played Ashe -

Global bans by host HydroBuddah-
Jax
Taric

1-Corki
2-Fiddle
2-Sivir
1-Nidalee

2-Trist
1-Alistar
1-Annie
2-Malphite
2-Soraka
1-Warwick
1-Ashe
2-Kassadin
2-Shen
1-Amumu

Don't have the final screen because lol PVP.net, we won pretty solidly.  I was originaly going to play Alistar, but somehow ended up playing Ashe.  We stole an early Baron, we got every dragon, and we focused their Tristana very very hard later game.  Their Shen and Kassadin both weren't very good (Kassadin rushed Sheen, lol), our Amumu wasn't very solid (when told to build Aegis first instead of Heart of Gold he proceeded to build a Rod of Ages) and my Ashe was mediocre.  But I did go positive kill death (2-1 I think, heh) and other then one very bad miss on my first shot I didn't miss an arrow all game and didn't give up any deaths holding the 1v2 lane very well while Warwick jungled.  Was a pretty low kill game, but we took a good early win when we took a 0 for 4 fight then just pushed it all the way in.

I have for sure noticed that the games are very much more "serious business" now that it's "season 1".  To a fault in some games, we won this game but 2 of the people were pretty much raging on vent the entire game.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 07:02:56 PM by Thrawn »

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: April 02, 2010, 11:01:13 PM

Game 13, 3v3, team 2, played Blitz -

Bans
1-Mundo
2-Taric
2-Zilean
1-Mord

Picks
2-Nidalee
1-Warwick
1-Poppy
2-Annie
2-Blitz
1-Nunu

It wasn't quite as bad of a beatdown as the score looks like.  I kept to myself on vent during picking and told my teamates that I haven't done 3v3 in League before and to basicly pick for me.  They decided a bit into the game that Blitz wasn't a good choice probably but hindsight is 20/20 and all that.  In the end the teams I think were pretty even skill wise but their comp just beat ours.  Add to that 3 Banshees on their team and it was gg.

3v3 is a very different meta and a very different playstyle.  Will take some adjusting to.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 11:03:44 PM by Thrawn »

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: April 03, 2010, 12:03:15 AM

Game 14, 5v5, team 1, played Rammus -

Global bans - Taric/Jax by host HydroBuddah

Bans
1-Sivir
2-Alistar
2-Nidalee
1-Tryndamere - faggot ban by HydroBuddah that no one agreed to

Picks
2-Fiddle
1-Warwick
1-Soraka
2-Malphite
2-Ashe
1-Tristana
1-Nasus
2-Janna
2-Poppy
1-Rammus

Raped and rolled, and I could care less.  With the "season one" rolling now more and more games are becoming just a bunch of nerd raging on vent because they are so worried about their league ELO.  90% of our vent chatter was everyone telling everyone else what they were building wrong and what they did wrong and why we were losing.  We were losing because we couldn't hold 3v5 mid well enough for Trist and Warwick to solo farm.  We were losing because the tanks weren't doing a good enough job of taking damage and not dying.  We were losing because we didn't keep them off Warwick.  We were losing because Rammus built hearts of gold.  etc. etc. etc. all 24 minutes.  I may be done with league games, so much faggotry in solomid now.

Hydros joke Tryn ban, if a random dude would of done it, probably would of been banned from playing.  I see hosts canceling games in IRC and remaking them because someone they wanted to play with didn't sign up in time.  I see hosts making games and then aborting them because they don't know the people signing up, etc. etc.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 12:05:37 AM by Thrawn »

Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: April 03, 2010, 11:41:52 AM

Man, that sounds like most of my solo queue games. I'm never sure how it's the tank's fault that the carries can't manage to kill anything. Ohhhhh, I see.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: April 03, 2010, 01:55:11 PM

Man, that sounds like most of my solo queue games. I'm never sure how it's the tank's fault that the carries can't manage to kill anything. Ohhhhh, I see.

Yeah, thats a pretty re-occuring problem when you solo queue as a tank.  You initiate a good fight, the carries don't follow up and somehow it's your fault as the tank.  Then of course later in the game when you don't want to initiate anything because you just die, it's your fault for never starting a fight.

I think my favorite rage part of that match was the idiots on vent early "Tanks will need to buy lots of wards so we can keep Fiddle in check and stop ganks."  Which of course makes sense, so we did that.  But then later in the match it becomes "Our tanks just die in the fight, quit spending money on wards and get some gear."  swamp poop
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 01:56:48 PM by Thrawn »

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #119 on: September 14, 2010, 10:01:34 PM

« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 10:36:54 AM by Hoax »

-William Gibson
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #120 on: September 15, 2010, 06:00:27 AM

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: September 15, 2010, 06:05:58 AM

It will be decided on by the teams, which is why I'm reluctant as well.  I'm pretty time limited going to school, but I really enjoy the format.  Although a prize based tournament on a format that's by definition all random seems to be asking for trouble.  Not to mention self enforced rules to be broken.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: September 15, 2010, 12:57:13 PM

I'd be up for a bunch of all random games. (Haven't I said that before ? )  awesome, for real

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #123 on: September 17, 2010, 04:11:45 PM

-William Gibson
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #124 on: September 18, 2010, 12:11:32 AM

I had a lot of fun tonight playing tryhard and Thrawn played some AMAR and can talk about it.

For those curious here were our team comps playing a modified draft (1-1-1-2-2-2-1 instead of the standard 1-2-2-2-2-1 for picks).

Game 1:
Evil bans Garen
Good bans Kog & Amumu
Evil bans Morg

Good picks MF
Evil picks Taric
Good picks Vlad
Evil picks Rammus & Annie
Good picks WW & Shen
Evil picks Trist & Udyr
Good picks Kayle (me)

We gave up 2 kills mid to their Annie (by MF) but then Annie got cocky and took majai and lost a ton of farm and xp trying to get ganks that didn't work out for her and we got back in it by getting first dragon and using Shen ult to turn a gank into a double kill + tower for Vlad top and from there we controlled the map to victory. They did a classic fail to push loss, they had the big lead early but didn't take any towers and since we got to dragon their 2 kills were outweighed and we got the first decisive fight.

Game 2:
Good bans Kog
Evil bans Garen & Vlad (in response to our Vlad who wrecked)
Good bans MF (their best player has a good record w/ MF in ranked)

Evil picks Amumu
Good picks Morg
Evil picks Kayle
Good picks Warwick & Ez
Evil picks Janna & Annie
Good picks Nasus (me) & Taric
Evil picks China

We all felt we were probably outpicked this game but we ended up crushing them despite losing fb again to Annie on a good gank from jungle Amumu + Annie on Ez. Our Ez rebounded with a sick hard carry and Warwick beat Amumu in jungle dominance to seal the game as we won every decisive team fight and took Baron early (19th min or so) to wrap it up.

Honestly I'd say that tonight improved my play and forced me to think harder and tryharder than any ranked game at the low starter elo ever does. I haven't played much ranked so I need to drag myself to at least 1500 just to get out of the shits. I really recommend anyone who wants to get a taste without the elo grind to look out for these free entry prize tournaments. I could give shit about a Riot Singed skin code compared to the L2P workout that I get from playing a game you are trying really hard to win.

PS I know the quality of this post is low but I'm like four old fashioneds in so my posting is a bit sloppy, sorry.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 12:16:34 AM by Hoax »

-William Gibson
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: September 18, 2010, 10:18:09 PM

I haven't played much ranked so I need to drag myself to at least 1500 just to get out of the shits. I really recommend anyone who wants to get a taste without the elo grind to look out for these free entry prize tournaments.

Sounds like fun, but I can never get a team of five losers together in time, and I don't want to drag a "real" team down with my characteristic "Determination and a can-do team spirit make up for turning with A and D!" gameplay style.

Still interesting to hear about this stuff, though.  Makes me pine for replays.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #126 on: September 19, 2010, 12:11:45 PM

The free entry tournaments this weekend were randomly assigned teams both for standard 5v5 and 4v4 ARAM so it really was no barrier to entry. You really don't know where you stand until you play against people who are playing on the higher levels.

-William Gibson
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Tournament Thread  
Jump to: