Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:40:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Grepolis - The West in Greece, or something 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grepolis - The West in Greece, or something  (Read 50179 times)
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #105 on: February 22, 2010, 10:21:11 AM

Also... why am I playing this?

No idea. Is anybody close to being able to attack towns on other islands yet? Because I'm about ready to pack it in and will donate a lovely town to be farmed on Beta.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: February 22, 2010, 10:27:32 AM

Come to Gamma

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: February 22, 2010, 10:37:56 AM

But it's just the same, but faster. Anyhow, last I checked it was full and not taking new characters.

grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: February 22, 2010, 12:20:27 PM

I'm desperately holding out till I can conquer someone...getting close... and if that doesn't significantly liven it up I'll be gone.

Why don't you try our other games?
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: February 27, 2010, 02:46:03 PM

Being farmed by a 10k point player.

Decided to moan about it to a guy on my island that invited me to his alliance.

Turns out that was a bad idea.

Being farmed by two players.

4k point town down the damn drain. I hate these games. ><

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #110 on: February 28, 2010, 09:53:18 AM

Yeah, saying you're a farm is not a good way to get into an alliance in these games.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Build a colony ship, get your ass to an island full of newbies, and ship yourself all the resources your starting city generates so you can out-tech your new neighbors and crush them.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: February 28, 2010, 01:24:02 PM

Yeah, saying you're a farm is not a good way to get into an alliance in these games.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Build a colony ship, get your ass to an island full of newbies, and ship yourself all the resources your starting city generates so you can out-tech your new neighbors and crush them.

Getting farmed by big alliances and out leveling newbies with an old account.  Fucking sad game.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: February 28, 2010, 06:48:56 PM

Yeah, I agree. Which is why I quit.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: March 02, 2010, 06:52:18 PM

I attacked and crushed a few of the larger towns on my island but it still didn't get any more fun, so I quit.

grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: March 06, 2010, 06:26:15 AM

Finally conquering somebody.  Found a guy on a quiet island who was in his own alliance all by himself.  He saw my attack incoming and built a ton of slingers for defense.  It went pretty well.

Sam, did you build your Merchant Shop?  What does it do?

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #115 on: March 06, 2010, 09:32:06 AM

The merchant shop isn't as cool as I thought it would be -- I confused it with the "merchant" RMT perk.  All the shop does is boost the trade ratio of farm villages to 1.35.  Kinda nice to get a little extra each time you trade with them, but I don't think it was worth the cost of the building.  tongue

I'm pretty close to being able to conquer the one hostile on my island.  Just need to get my harbor up to level 20 and he's a dead man.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: March 06, 2010, 09:53:50 AM

Wow, that fairly sucks.  Guess it's the oracle for me!

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #117 on: March 06, 2010, 10:41:45 AM

Yeah, once I have resources to burn I'm going to level the merchant and build something else, probably the tower.  If I could I'd build the theater in one spot and the baths in the other, since they seem like the two really useful buildings.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #118 on: March 06, 2010, 01:45:29 PM

I'm still playing, but farmable inactives are few and far between (lots of sub200 pts towns, not much in the higher brackets). This has led to a bit of a resource bottleneck. I did manage to build one whole centaur so far tho, so that's cool, I guess.

I am hopeful that once I get my resource gathering bits up past 20, things will go a bit faster.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: March 06, 2010, 04:44:20 PM

Actually the NPC farm towns are far and away superior to the resource creation buildings.  Just farming them all once per day will net you 14k of each resource, while resource creation buildings will maybe get you 5-6k even at the higher levels.  You can also trade with the NPC towns to convert wood/stone into silver and sell it on the market for mucho profits.  Take 2k wood, trade it to NPC town for 2.5k silver.  Sell the silver on the market for 4.5k wood. 

Also, Pegasus.  Get 5-6 or 20 of those and you can farm the inactives on other islands at a good rate.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #120 on: March 08, 2010, 06:03:12 PM

Woo, conquering someone.  It's his only polis so it's essentially a permakill.   awesome, for real  I think I'm doing him a favor.

grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: March 10, 2010, 07:13:37 AM

You know, if you grab a city on another island, you get another set of trading villages to persecute.

Not a bad city though, sure beats all them fools building cities on the empty islands.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #122 on: March 10, 2010, 07:53:47 AM

I figure having my cities on one island will be a pretty huge defensive advantage, and my overall strategy is to try to make myself invulnerable to attack.

grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: March 18, 2010, 04:43:38 PM

Having more than one city makes this game more interesting.  Worshiping more than one god definitely has it's perks. 

Also, being in an alliance where the main philosophy is "kill and farm thy neighbor" helps to liven things up too.

About ready to grab my third city!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Grepolis - The West in Greece, or something  
Jump to: