Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:58:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Rotating Live Events reminder thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rotating Live Events reminder thread  (Read 14075 times)
Simond
Terracotta Army

on: October 17, 2009, 06:03:05 AM

Rather than having twenty different "Hay guiz n galz live_event_whatever has started" threads of one post, I thought I'd be efficient and just have one that can be bumped/added to.

NB: No, I won't be bumping this every month for the Moonlight Enchantments event. People will just have to remember it for themselves on the 20th & 21st of every month. smiley

E: Likewise the City Festivals on the first week of the month.

So.

Nights of the Dead 2009 is live until early November. All the old quests are back, it looks like, plus a new solo instace added.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 02:29:36 AM by Simond »

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 08:32:20 PM

Just ran the hedge maze. Decent event, I like the ? mobs, funny touch. I did run into a problem with the boss mob, even with the mega buff they give you, a wizard has a tough time because you take away half the arsenal (root). I was almost able to burn him down but he did a couple specials on me and wiped me out. Blah. Fun trying to solo an equal level epic mob, but not being able to root hurt the gimmick imo, I'm sure my SK will tear through it much more easily.

Pro tip: use the regular mobs to easily get up your weapon skills. My wiz hasn't been in melee much for a loong time, and I almost got his 1hb capped and his piercing will cap next time I give this a whirl.

Overall a fun little distraction zone. Also stumbled onto the spires event I missed in my absence, but got totally kerpwned by the linked mobs in there.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 08:39:35 AM

Handy Hint: To get the fog bank/screaming Cenobite box house items, you'll need to be carrying a certain necklace from the second+ run through the hedge maze while in the Haunted House village in the Loping Plains.

E: For the Spires events, if you can get to one of the ones that are still being (re)built rather than those at the reconnection/zone into astral plane stage, you can get a decent amount of tokens from the "get spire bits"/"Kill single mob at rift" quests. Or the tradeskill quest, for that matter.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 08:45:36 AM by Simond »

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 07:57:43 PM

I did run into a problem with the boss mob, even with the mega buff they give you, a wizard has a tough time because you take away half the arsenal (root).
I was able to kill him (barely) my second time, dusting off those DoTs I never use. Then I chuckled at the patch notes:
Altius Volfban in the Hollow Hedge should be much easier for mage classes to handle.
Ohhhhh, I see.

edit: I haven't run through it with my wizard since the patch, but I ran through with my SK last night and never fell below 95% health.  Ohhhhh, I see. And that's only because I stopped using lifetaps to see if they made any difference.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 09:00:52 AM by Sky »
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 02:20:27 PM

Hallowe'en weekend event: Void shards are dropping in chests.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 04:28:28 PM

There's apparently a 5th Anniversary quest series that starts in either Qeynos or Freeport, but I haven't actually done it yet.
E: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Heroes%27_Festival_Timeline
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 03:51:50 PM by Simond »

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 06:47:29 AM

Blah, I just cancelled due to Dragon Ageness. I hate missing events. If EQ2 has put out lifetime subs a few years ago, I'd have been all over it.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 09:49:15 AM

I did it last night on one of my characters.  Looks like there are 3 quests and a shiny collection.  The 3 quests appear to be rather easily done.  One involves some fighting through special instanced versions of some places (Unrest, Palace of Ferzhul, Karnor's Castle) and you get some nice house items which give 1000 Status reduction.  All in all it seems rather light, but I'm not sure if I'm missing any quests yet or if any of them are repeatable.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 11:33:25 AM

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 11:34:18 AM

I like the ads for two other MMOs that show up in that link.  Priceless.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 02:26:57 AM

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 11:25:43 PM

Heh, the rings event actually went in with the Halas patch.  Atonia Bayle is done with them already and now we have the repeatable quests up.  Which is nice, since they were a laggy arsed hell to try doing when the event was going on.  I actually ended up giving up for a bit when we were on Sinking Sands and came back online the next day to find out we were almost done with the entire event.  Damn you, most populated server!  Damn you!

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 03:39:55 AM

Double XP weekend.  Eat

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 01:01:43 PM

Tinkerfest!
Started today (I think), running for a fortnight or so.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 03:46:12 AM

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Rotating Live Events reminder thread  
Jump to: