Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:53:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Saints Row 2 Steamed for $12 - today only. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saints Row 2 Steamed for $12 - today only.  (Read 4522 times)
Azazel
Contributor

on: October 15, 2009, 05:26:10 PM

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 05:32:45 PM

Shows $7.50 USD for me.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 05:58:52 PM

Anyone got anything to say about this? I heard it was better than GTA4, but I am not sure if I'm the target audience.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 09:30:01 PM

I have it on 360. It's good enough that I am now replaying it again with my wife in co-op mode. The gangsta stuff is so OTT that it's pretty much self-parody, and the game itself is  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 09:33:38 PM

Do NOT NOT NOT buy this on PC.  Every three blocks you drive the screen hitches no matter what your rig is like. 

Seriously.  I heard the stories but bought it for $5 anyways.  It's unplayable.  I actually looks like a fun game, in fact some around here thought it was better than GTA4. 

Don't waste your money, buy it on 360/ps3.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 08:31:55 AM

Steamed it, no hitching. Seems a vaguely amusing game.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 10:58:53 AM

Seriously?  Aren't you getting popups/popins all over?  When I play the game stops for a half second every few blocks and if I drive fast at all things just appear right in the path I'm driving in.  Makes it hard to run from the cops when a car simply appears in front of me.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 03:43:08 PM

I suck at the driving part, but no hitching, no problems. Running over pedestrians and driving the wrong way down the highway is just as easy at in gta4.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 11:12:52 PM

Q9450/8800GT, game runs flawlessly - everything high except no AA because I don't care about AA.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 11:42:48 PM

Makes me wonder if the game is running a lot on the CPU then.  Q6600 and 8800gt here and it looks nice at a standstill, but once you get a car moving it has to stop to load every couple blocks.  I've tinkered with pulling the settings way back to low and it makes no difference.  Bummer.  I need to pick this up on ps3, but with the glut of games coming soon I can likely pass on it.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 09:02:31 AM

Runs fine on my C2D E6750 on Vista 32 with an 8800GT.

As for hitching, two things occur to me: do you have V sync on in the graphics area, and do you have another hard drive in the system using an Intel storage controller chipset? The latter because I did, and perioidically it would be 'woken' from a low RPM state and that reinitialization process would cause some games to freeeze-frame for  a sec.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 11:28:05 AM

Happens with Vsync on or off in game, and on or off through Nvidia Control panel.  I have only one 7200rpm drive. 

I can't figure it out at all.  When the game launched the Steam forums were rife with people complaining about the same thing.  I assumed the game was inherently broken on port, but I'm guessing it's my rig somehow. 
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 11:30:45 PM

That was an issue with the game up until the most recent patch.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 06:48:28 AM

I wouldn't call the performance exactly smooth, but I haven't seen the popin/freeze thing. Unfortunately, I'm still playing through GTA4 (which I like) and two mmo, so not sure when I'll get to SR2. But for $7.50, eh. I've now got a nice little stash of rainy day games.

I wish there were a non-uk accent for whities. I rolled up Cliff Burton, and chose what sounded like an american accent, but it's chicano. So now I'm Cliff Burton in a lowrider. I guess I'm ok with that.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Saints Row 2 Steamed for $12 - today only.  
Jump to: