Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:58:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: AoE Champs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AoE Champs  (Read 3770 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

on: September 30, 2009, 09:46:48 AM

Ok, what characters have the best AoE abilities?

What I am looking at is stacking a team AoE style, as most fights turn into group combat late game. combined with the use of Sunfire capes:

Sunfire Cape (2700)
Chain Vest (700 g) + Giant's Belt(1100 g) + 900 g
+500 HP
+50 Armor
Passive: Deals 40 magic damage per second to nearby enemies.

Passively dealing 120-200 damage per second along with good AoE abilities

Team could consist of

AoE Tank
Veigar
Ashe
Cho'gath
Gangplank? (AoE Slow/damage)
Trynd?

Question is, how far is the radius for sunfire? The HP and armor add some survivability...but could this be effective enough? I'm a theorycrafter, feel free to rag on me but I believe in composing teams with a purpose if possible :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 11:59:48 AM

You missed the character with the best aoe in the game, anivia, and sunfire capes are almost melee range (they are about half the distance of normal ranged attackers) so you can forget any ranged attacker getting a cape. Also, remember how long fights last. Generally no more than 3 or 4 seconds. Also, it takes 15 minutes to earn enough gold for a sunfire cape, it's really not possible, you'd fall way behind in AP/damage if you had your non-tanks stack them.

What AoE damage does ashe have? None. She has an AoE slow. Veigar's meteor no longer has enough size to consider it AoE. Chogath has no aoe, he has a stun that does almost no damage and a cone attack.

If you wanted to look and stack for for aoe fights/damage, I'd have to go with

Nunu/Malphite/Alistair
Amumu
Anivia
Morgana
Katarina/Yi/Kassadin

Stark's fervor does way more for your team than a sunfire cape. With that team you have 2 tanks, a support, a caster, and a carry. The only carry with an aoe is katarina as far as I know.

Really in the end game it's about baiting and luring one guy off and trying to alpha him down and then chase the rest when they break.. middle game it's ganking 1-2 with 2-4 other people.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 12:04:26 PM by bhodi »
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 12:19:29 PM

Cool...that pretty much kills that idea. More dumb ones to come :)

The other thing I was thinking about was going with heavy magic...like 3 nuker/ganker types, running 3x abyssal scepters

Abyssal Scepter (2670 g)
Blasting Wand (880 g) + Negatron Cloak (740 g) + 1050 g
+70 AP
+60 MR
UNIQUE Aura: Reduces enemies MR by 30.

Is the aura Unique for each champion...for upwards of -90 MR ? or....

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Krushchev
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 12:38:57 PM

Q: How do item auras work together?

A: If you and a teammate both have the same item, you will be affected by the aura twice. As an example, at the start of the game you purchase Mana Manipulator. This item gives a mana regeneration to yourself and allies nearby. If you were to go with a teammate who also purchased Mana Manipulator, both of you would be affected by this aura twice.

However, if you had a third teammate that did not have the Mana Manipulator they would only be affected by one aura.
Ohhhhh, I see.
[edit]Oh, and this:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 12:46:43 PM by Krushchev »
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 12:50:39 AM

Themed premades I've seen lately.

Knock Around:
Trist
Alistar
Blitzcrank
Janna
Malphite

Deployable bullshit + map control:
Card Master
Teemo
Shaco
Engie
<insert whoever>

Just played a team w/ Morgana Kayle and Twitch, which meant Twitch had all sorts of shields on him in every fight and I basically had to pull and kill him twice per fight before he got all of us w/ his ridiculous spam shot.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: AoE Champs  
Jump to: