Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:44:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Reminder, next beta weekend is Jan 7th 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reminder, next beta weekend is Jan 7th  (Read 5733 times)
Xilren's Twin

on: December 30, 2004, 01:24:39 PM

Not this weekend.

That is all.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 07:42:55 AM

Making a big yellow check to help remind.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 08:13:44 AM

Would that be for pre-orders only? I've decided not to spend money for beta testing anymore.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 10:08:45 AM

Quote from: Soukyan
Would that be for pre-orders only? I've decided not to spend money for beta testing anymore.

Yes.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 11:09:51 AM

Soukyan, didn't you buy Ryzom? I preordered Guild Wars for the item. The beta tests were just icing.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 04, 2005, 11:21:28 AM

Quote from: schild
Soukyan, didn't you buy Ryzom? I preordered Guild Wars for the item. The beta tests were just icing.

Yes. Yes, I purchased Ryzom. I've said elsewhere that I'm a huge graphics whore and therefore manage to dump the purchase price into that fact. I just realized that I received a $25 gift cert to EBGames for Christmas so while the bloom effect on the graphics does narsink for me, methinks I will pre-order anyhow. What's the MSRP? Under $50 (a.k.a. 49.99)?

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 12:02:58 PM

It looks as if Fileplanet is giving away (again? still?) keys for the beta on their website.  You need to subscribe but you don't have to be a paid subscriber, I think.

FYI.

Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 07, 2005, 03:02:20 PM

Character wipe. They changed the PvP templates from before. The healer template I was using isn't as buff as it was before.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8 on: January 08, 2005, 07:36:39 AM

My character's weren't wiped, but they all turned into men.

Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 08, 2005, 11:21:49 AM

Ahh.. I screwed myself then. I pressed re-create on mine because they were all the default look as well.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #10 on: January 10, 2005, 08:46:23 AM

Quote from: Krakrok
Ahh.. I screwed myself then. I pressed re-create on mine because they were all the default look as well.

You were fine; they did do a character wipe, they just reserved all the character names you used.  Hence Signe's comment about them all changing to men; that human fighter model must the default.

At any rate; the cleaned up the UI some and tweaked skills/powers but the overall game was not changed to speak of.

Interesting skill I found this time: Rangers can get a skill which they can use to inflict a 5% death penalty on themselves in order to fire a aoe damage spell based on critter type, i.e. if one slug dies, all slugs in a certain radius takes X damage.  Edge of extinction I think it's called.

Can't honestly say I've ever seen that as a choice before in similar titles.

Had some fun with an Elem/Neco too.

Good stuff.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 10, 2005, 09:08:30 AM

Everyone was using Edge of Extinction in the earlier beta weekends during the random PvP rounds. Except it didn't have a radius then it was everyone everywhere so it was wiping out whole parties if someone died.

I rolled a lvl 1 Elem/Necro too and I found the Necro part of it to be useless. I put everything in Energy Storage and Fire. I keep wanting to try Lightning spells as they are suppost to be good against fighters in armor but they all seem to suck dmg vs. energy use compared to fire.

They also changed the uber healer template as it can't even compare to what it was before. I came pretty close to recreating it using the stock 20 Elem/Mo combo but it must be missing something still because it isn't as good as before. I wasn't able to find Heal Party available anywhere either.

I'm not sure I care for the new UI (and they missed changing the box with the pets to the new UI). I liked the 4 weapon slot settings down in the lower left corner of the screen. The gray arrow that is there now is lame.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Reminder, next beta weekend is Jan 7th  
Jump to: