Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:18:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Noob Advice...from a Noob 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noob Advice...from a Noob  (Read 15056 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #35 on: May 03, 2010, 03:07:31 PM

Had 0-10 due to someone playing Shaco and nobody able to stop him.

Shaco is a unique champion who without kills to feed his xp/gold will fall behind and out of relevance quickly.  A 0 kills 0 assists Shaco is a non factor once everyone hits 6 practically.  Knowing this good players will adjust their game completely in the early going to keep the Shaco in check or attempt to bait him into going for a gank that is a trap.

There are other champs that work in similar ways (anyone who rushes occult or mejai for example is on a similar trajectory) but for Shaco its the only way he can be played and the results in terms of positive and negative are much more pronounced.

What about our last game last night.  swamp poop  I pretty much rage-quit my computer for the night after my performance in that mess.

We were 3-man premade and we fucked up, that was all our fault and yeah it sucks for the 2 other people but its still a rarity, thanks for reminding me though guys.  Ohhhhh, I see.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: May 06, 2010, 11:00:04 AM

I picked up Shaco as my second champion to specialize in. Hit or miss with him. I'm able to get a first blood by ganking mid, and if I do it right I can hold major control over the middle of the map. Still refining my gameplay and may not work against more experienced champions...

What times do you guys play? I'm Lv. 12 now and figure I'll be more helpful at Lv. 30 but haven't seen people on that much.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #37 on: May 06, 2010, 11:01:33 AM

I see you on all the time.  You probably have a very long way to go though in terms of learning but enjoy the newb experience while it lasts its always the most fun part of learning any game.

I can't give you a ton of advice but for Shaco, get a buff, which one depends on what your doing with it.  Ganking mid is best but a good mid will never allow you to get that off so often you have to go for the 2v2 gank or the 3v2 gank in one of the lanes.  You can also gank their jungler to throw him off and steal his buff which swings things in your favor.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: May 06, 2010, 11:44:37 AM

You might want to put Shaco on the shelf for a bit; there's a pretty bad bug with Deceive where you hit the button and nothing happens.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 06, 2010, 11:48:59 AM

Is that what that was...

I'm surprised Deceive didn't work like flash. Insta stealth to mouse position, rather than click Q, then click mouse.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: May 06, 2010, 12:05:58 PM

It is target unlike Flash, but even when you click the mouse button sometimes you just don't go. The forums have a rant or two about this every day.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Noob Advice...from a Noob  
Jump to: