Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:44:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: How do you fix Cho'gall ? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How do you fix Cho'gall ?  (Read 13287 times)
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: September 12, 2009, 07:54:04 PM

A server named after a prominent WCII NPC is retarded?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: September 13, 2009, 12:13:17 AM

A server named after a prominent WCII NPC is retarded?

No. The server has population issues. The name is retarted.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #37 on: September 13, 2009, 12:56:42 AM

Looks amusing. I might join for gits and shiggles.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #38 on: September 13, 2009, 01:51:44 AM

My level 7 11 druid will make all the difference.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #39 on: September 13, 2009, 02:09:57 PM

I'm not even out of the DK newbie zone and I'm bored. This zone seemed so cool when it was new, but anymore it's just an hours-long tutorial and a horrible grind. I know what I'm doing, gimme my talent points and let me play.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: September 13, 2009, 03:42:46 PM

I wondered when that would crop up. I've always thought that while class-specific tutorial experiences are a brilliant way to get things off the ground both in terms of gameplay and lore, they must be optional or risk frustrating and alienating hardcore alt-aholics. Is there no way to skip the DK starting zone? Are their multiple options to explore within the gameplay there?

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #41 on: September 13, 2009, 04:27:02 PM

To be fair, I don't think they really expect people to do the DK starting zone more than once or twice. I did it roughly a zillion times during beta (I AM GUD TESTAR) and it does get old after a while, but how many DKs, I am sure the reasoning is, does one person *need*?

God Save the Horn Players
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: September 13, 2009, 04:33:43 PM

As many as they want.  I fully agree there should be an option to skip ahead to after the Battle of Light's Hope, basically, if you have a death knight on the account that's completed all of that. 

There is NO reason to make people go through it again if they choose to create another death knight, since the region is totally restricted and there's only one path through it, which absolutely requires you to do all the quests.  If you don't find those quests fun, or if you're just tired of them, the whole zone is not fun.  Leveling elsewhere is all optional.  You can do quests, you can not do quests, you can go to a different area, and so forth, but the DK starting zone requires every quest and you can't skip it or go to someplace else or anything.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #43 on: September 13, 2009, 04:39:59 PM

I wasn't necessarily saying I agreed with it, but I'm pretty sure that's what the reasoning is. I will say I don't see it as something annoying enough that needs to be changed any time soon. But it's also not something I think shouldn't be changed evar.

And I say that as someone who has gotten three DKs through the starter zone and is contemplating another. Pretty sure I'm over the Expected Number of DKs.  awesome, for real

God Save the Horn Players
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #44 on: October 01, 2009, 12:29:01 PM

So did anyone stick with this for more than two days? There were four of us in our own Bat Country channel for like one night, but I've never been able to focus on more than one character, so I wandered off before even finishing the DK noob zone. For real, on my main server I have my pally and a bank alt and that's IT.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #45 on: October 01, 2009, 02:51:13 PM

I keep meaning to go back but I've been distracted by other stuff. I'd still like to level a feral, it might as well be there.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: How do you fix Cho'gall ?  
Jump to: