Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:37:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Elements - The Card Game 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elements - The Card Game  (Read 51985 times)
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 24, 2009, 03:02:41 PM

Bazaar or random chance.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: August 24, 2009, 03:45:55 PM

Woohoo 500! now what weapon should i pick?

I am the .00000001428%
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 24, 2009, 03:54:40 PM

Cock sucker! Ive been to 450 twice and then lose hundreds on a single match.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: August 24, 2009, 03:57:53 PM

What level were you fighting? i didn't lose more than 10 or so per loss.

I am the .00000001428%
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: August 24, 2009, 04:27:36 PM

Ive been sticking to PVP if i have the money. Its not making it easier, fuck grinding it out. I can defeat the level 3's 95% of the time. The top 50 like maybe 30%.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 24, 2009, 04:46:12 PM

Why are rainbow decks good for farming false gods?

Read This
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: August 24, 2009, 07:29:25 PM

Those are all upgraded cards. I can't imagine how long it takes to get them  ACK!.

Quantum towers + Supernova + Drawing Cards = completely OP.

The mana (uh sorry, quantums) and cards to completely overwhelm any opponent. Short of a killer combo (which are hard to find/generate in this game w/o card drawing anyway) whoever has more cards wins.

Edit: The first deck I tried playing with in the trainer was similar to this. Except I forgot to put any creatures and only used the copy creature card. My first top 50 opponent had a deck consisting of 29 towers and one weapon.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 07:30:58 PM by Mosesandstick »
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: August 24, 2009, 08:02:51 PM

I was having fun but it looks like the end game is completely cookie cutter.  Pass.

Would be funnier with a drafting system.
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: August 24, 2009, 08:04:25 PM

The mana upgrades are the most potent. You can still beat them but its an uphill battle.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: August 24, 2009, 08:19:53 PM

Those are all upgraded cards. I can't imagine how long it takes to get them  ACK!.

Quantum towers + Supernova + Drawing Cards = completely OP.

The mana (uh sorry, quantums) and cards to completely overwhelm any opponent. Short of a killer combo (which are hard to find/generate in this game w/o card drawing anyway) whoever has more cards wins.

Edit: The first deck I tried playing with in the trainer was similar to this. Except I forgot to put any creatures and only used the copy creature card. My first top 50 opponent had a deck consisting of 29 towers and one weapon.

That link has almost zero upgraded cards.
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: August 24, 2009, 10:45:57 PM

Every single mana generating card in that deck is upgraded.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 24, 2009, 11:46:59 PM

Uhh.  I think all the cards with black letters are upgraded, which is all but one of them.  But that deck does look fun to try even if you don't have the upgraded versions.

AKA Gyoza
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: August 25, 2009, 12:25:41 AM

That specific deck wont work with normal mana cards. Or at least not very well, its so focused and dependent on a never ending flow of mana. Has anyone beaten an Elder god? They devastate me with ease, I dont believe Ive gotten one to 100 life.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: August 25, 2009, 03:08:16 AM

Sorry, the picture was full of upgraded cards  awesome, for real.

Anyways, you don't have that much choice against the elder gods. As they've all got a brick wall's worth of HP/ retarded shields  you're basically forced to play a long-term deck. The shield which only allows creatures with toughness < 5 to attack is a real pain.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: August 25, 2009, 04:42:40 AM

Not having much choice in a card game kind of make it pointless.  Especially this one since there's not a huge tactical element about it.  It's almost 100% deck building.
Simply play a game against the top50 deck and you'll see the deck in action.  There's some variation on the combat card used but they all have that cheesy card drawing with rainbow mana.  They get 10 mana of each color each turn in one or two turn.  It's retarded.

Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: August 25, 2009, 06:40:21 AM

Yeah at the beginner level the game needs tweaking and it'll be really fun. But with upgraded cards it's just retarded  swamp poop.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: August 25, 2009, 07:03:36 AM

Sorry, the picture was full of upgraded cards  awesome, for real.

Anyways, you don't have that much choice against the elder gods. As they've all got a brick wall's worth of HP/ retarded shields  you're basically forced to play a long-term deck. The shield which only allows creatures with toughness < 5 to attack is a real pain.

The picture is, but not the list.

My mark is TIME

VITAL CARDS

Quantum Pillar x 17
You need this to get quantum, Einstein!

Sundial x 6
The most crucial card in this deck as you will get to draw cards AND enemies won't attack you for one round! Very good card during early rounds survival mode.

Golden Hourglass x 4
Another very good card that enables you to draw more cards. This card should be upgraded first because upgrading halves the cost of drawing an extra card which can be the difference between life and death.

Dimensional Shield x 4
Without this card you have zero chance. Makes you invincible for 3 turns which is really important during early game.

Steal x 3
Awesome card. One of the key cards that make this deck so versatile. Can be used to take opponents weapons and shields and used against them! Remember you are playing a rainbow deck so you can use whatever the opponent has. It's very important to know your enemy and know what cards to steal.

Bone Wall x 2
Even better than Dimensional Shield if there are only a couple of hard hitting enemy characters. Main advantage is that enemies has to destroy it one piece of wall at a time which can take a while (Dimensional Shield can be removed with only one card). When people start to die, Wall gets bigger and bigger and once it reaches about 20+, you cannot lose.

Boneyard x 1
Raises those nice little Skeletons which don't do much damage but help you stay alive if you have Empathic Bond up. Skeletons are also good for damaging opponents Bone Wall. Try to upgrade this card early.

Firefly Queen x 2
Strong character that can summon Fireflies which help to heal you (with Empathic Bond) or raise skeletons when they die. Fireflies also do pretty decent damage, especially when Firefly Queen is upgraded.

Empathic Bond x 2
Keeps you alive when you have a bunch of Skeletons and Fireflies running around.

Otyugh x 2
My favorite character. If you get this guy on the table early and feed him a couple of enemies, you will most likely win. Otyugh just keeps eating everything you throw at him. Try to upgrade this card early.

Mind Flayer x 1
Awesome crowd control character. Try to update this card early to get more HP.

Rain of Fire x 1
Great card in many situations. Take it. Very good against Incarnate, Scorpio, Morte and Fire Queen. But helps with almost against all False Gods.

GOOD CARDS

Eagle's Eye x 1
This is the weapon I like to use because it helps in many different situations. But don't worry if you don't have it, other weapons work too. Like the green weapon which heals you, or the one that removes skills. Just avoid using those basic weapons if you have other options.

Nova x 6
Excellent in early game, useless in endgame. I've played with this card and without it. It all depends how you draw it. Upgrade is not necessary since standard version costs nothing and is very good in your opening hand. But once you get that 2 purple quantums, upgraded version is awesome.

Maxwell's Demon x 1
Situational card. Sometimes great, other times not so great.

Lava Golem x 1
Great when you can get it on the table early. Helps kill those annoying Miracle using False Gods faster. Doesn't help you stay alive longer so this is the first card I would replace if I had to.

*OPTIONAL CARDS

There are many other cards that work well with this build. I chose the above ones because of personal preference. You might want to change something.

Miracle
If you have this card, take it. Congratulations! Your winning percentage just went up 15%! Great against Scorpio and his poison spamming.

Fallen Elf
This is a great addition to the deck because mutants can have all kinds of fun skills which you can use. I dropped Lava Destroyer and took this one instead and it's working pretty well. Not only is it effective but it is also a lot of fun. Only problem is that it uses green quantum which is already in heavy use.

Purify
Might save you from Scorpio and helps with Morte. Only problem is that it's useless against all other 9 Gods. But then again 1 useless card is not that bad because you draw multiple each turn.

Dissipation Shield
If you use this during endgame when you have tons of quantum, you cannot be killed. Unless they remove it of course. I don't use it because it's useless during early rounds when you are most vulnerable.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: August 25, 2009, 07:09:23 AM

I know, I know. That's why I said sorry!

I wonder how this deck fares against poison w/o the anti-poison cards.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: August 25, 2009, 07:30:34 AM

Well I just built one, and I lost to a poison deck even with purify, and I just beat Incarnate guy with full health.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: August 25, 2009, 10:13:45 AM

If you let poison last any longer than eight or ten rounds, you're pretty much toast.

AKA Gyoza
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: August 25, 2009, 12:48:13 PM

If you let poison last any longer than eight or ten rounds, you're pretty much toast.

There are a few false gods that are impossible with this deck, but there are a bunch that are almost automatic wins.
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: August 25, 2009, 01:54:57 PM

Stacking the "draw" cards makes such a difference.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: August 25, 2009, 02:10:05 PM

Well using that rainbow deck i'm 2-4 vs the false gods.  And my second win got me the upgraded version of the bow i was using :)

I am the .00000001428%
schild
Administrator

Reply #58 on: August 25, 2009, 02:57:49 PM

I started over to try something else, stacking Boneyards with Otyughs and Vultures is fuuuuuuucked up.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: August 25, 2009, 03:10:46 PM

I started over to try something else, stacking Boneyards with Otyughs and Vultures is fuuuuuuucked up.

Toss in sparks, they are free to play and die instantly and can serve for otyugh feeding time.

I am the .00000001428%
schild
Administrator

Reply #60 on: August 25, 2009, 03:12:08 PM

As I was saying:

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: August 25, 2009, 03:47:58 PM

Then you come across an opponent with a fireshield then they all die or a shield that reduces all damage by 1 point and they're all useless.  Or someone who runs rain of fire, thunderstorm or plague.

You need nightfalls at least.
schild
Administrator

Reply #62 on: August 25, 2009, 03:50:06 PM

Then you come across an opponent with a fireshield then they all die or a shield that reduces all damage by 1 point and they're all useless.  Or someone who runs rain of fire, thunderstorm or plague.

You need nightfalls at least.

I'm hoping for that, hence all the vultures in the deck. Why?

Because I run out of slots.

Also, every deck has a counter. It happens. I'm not gonna try and make the all time MOST broken deck evar.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: August 25, 2009, 04:55:38 PM

Sundials and dimensional shields seem to stop damage for one turn less than advertised, is that a bug?

I am the .00000001428%
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #64 on: August 25, 2009, 04:59:26 PM

No, no. . those skeletons are to feed MY otyughs.

The game is surprisingly polished and has moments of fun, but being limited to the same deck over and over again is dreary and it gets grindy as fuck.

A closed-circle random draw might be slightly more fun, except there's so little card variety and decks are so dependent on repeated combos that it might be too frustrating.

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: August 25, 2009, 05:14:51 PM

Sundials and dimensional shields seem to stop damage for one turn less than advertised, is that a bug?

Well actually sundials seem to stop my creatures from attacking two rounds just fine as advertised, but enemy creatures just one round.

I am the .00000001428%
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #66 on: August 27, 2009, 01:19:50 PM

Playing this game reminds me why I could never get into Magic.  Too many RAWRGH BULLSHIT moments.  I do keep going back to it though.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #67 on: August 27, 2009, 01:28:25 PM

Playing this game reminds me why I could never get into Magic.  Too many RAWRGH BULLSHIT moments.  I do keep going back to it though.
Magic does not have 1/100th of the RAWRGH BULLSHIT moments this does. But then, this game takes a minute to play, Magic takes much longer and involves people with Cheetoh Stains.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #68 on: August 27, 2009, 02:34:19 PM

I take it you have been subjected to the constant stream of pillars while your creatures were all mauled off the table at the start? Yeah, those are the times when i let the cat play for me. Just hit spacebar Sanchez... keep hitting it.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #69 on: August 27, 2009, 02:50:36 PM

What's annoying is that whenever I try to emulate the bullshit I see in some of the AI decks (like the abilities that let them kill all my dudes as soon as I put them up) it never seems to work out for me.  My latest experiment was with scarabs, but the problem with them seems to be getting enough of them on the table at once that they can start eating things.  I might try a gravity deck with otyughs next.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Elements - The Card Game  
Jump to: