Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:52:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Questy Quest (QQ) (On Facebook) (By the way, I'm the Writer, >_>) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Questy Quest (QQ) (On Facebook) (By the way, I'm the Writer, >_>)  (Read 26055 times)
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 13, 2009, 04:01:19 PM

Good point. Technically this is correct, just as it is correct in modern English to say "thou art," and also "The company are" is just as correct as "The company is." Just like building a UI that has a trick to it, or using graphics with colors that purposefully clash. This too is something to get used to. And then you have to justify it, and drag out references just to make sure it's technically correct. Entire meetings to be planned over this grammar usage!

Or you could just say "mechanic is singular, so use a singular verb" and be done with it.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
schild
Administrator

Reply #36 on: August 13, 2009, 04:04:42 PM

RIGHT. OK.

Anyway:

I any of you want to friend me in the game, feel free. It'll increase your exp gain and stuff. Hell, you may as well friend whoever. Facebook is like that.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 13, 2009, 04:17:52 PM

I want a grammar-slaying sword!

My character is Scottman btw.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #38 on: August 13, 2009, 04:30:59 PM

I just want to kill that rat without the game hanging on me.   Tantrum
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: August 13, 2009, 04:31:11 PM

Is there a way to delete my character? I don't like my name.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 13, 2009, 04:47:53 PM

Good point. Technically this is correct, just as it is correct in modern English to say "thou art," and also "The company are" is just as correct as "The company is." Just like building a UI that has a trick to it, or using graphics with colors that purposefully clash. This too is something to get used to. And then you have to justify it, and drag out references just to make sure it's technically correct. Entire meetings to be planned over this grammar usage!

Or you could just say "mechanic is singular, so use a singular verb" and be done with it.
I find it funny that you think proper subjunctive is wrong, but find "mechanic" as singular for "mechanics" to be acceptable.

I know, I know. I won't bring it up again, promise. Ohhhhh, I see.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
schild
Administrator

Reply #41 on: August 13, 2009, 04:58:48 PM

Is there a way to delete my character? I don't like my name.

I don't know! You could maybe uninstall and reinstall the app! Unfortunately, I don't have admin tools on the live server, sorry!
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #42 on: August 13, 2009, 05:05:04 PM

GRRRRRWWAAARRGGGABBLEEE

The game runs fun, until I fight a rat then it hangs. Every time. Fucking rats.
schild
Administrator

Reply #43 on: August 13, 2009, 05:09:46 PM

GRRRRRWWAAARRGGGABBLEEE

The game runs fun, until I fight a rat then it hangs. Every time. Fucking rats.
Feature. Try a different Browser, or a different computer. I assume you're at work. Unless you work for a gaming company, I'm just going to assume you're on a Packard Bell 8086, even if you're running photoshop all the time.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #44 on: August 13, 2009, 07:27:42 PM

this not like Safari under OSX?  First encounter, not working (rat).  Journal not populating either.  Do you want feedback here or somewhere else?
schild
Administrator

Reply #45 on: August 13, 2009, 07:28:57 PM

Here is fine! Also, worked on my mac on Firefox. I never use Safari.
schild
Administrator

Reply #46 on: August 13, 2009, 07:35:41 PM

Just so you all know, next week I will be doing the following:

Abilities
Monster attack text
Supplementary Text (level up, etc)
The Second dungeon.

The week following I will probably do the third town and dungeon (which will be raid-y! except like, not)
d4rkj3di
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: August 13, 2009, 08:29:17 PM

I gave this 5-stars on a review. Not necessarily because I think it is 100% perfect, but someone has to offset all the 1-star reviews from mouth-breathing Facebook attention whores and Guidos who think that FarmVille is the pinnacle of Apps. Go show your support and rate it 5-stars. It's doing your small part to fight the stupid on the internet, and realistically, what shit will you be giving a month from now as the Bat Country pattern of game interest is followed.

Go vote 5 before you see something shiny.
RUiN 427
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: August 13, 2009, 08:57:30 PM

Ok, I'll give it a try.

"There's been no energy reading of any sort on Cybertron for the past seven hundred or so stellar-cycles."
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: August 13, 2009, 08:57:48 PM

Increases your  by 3 ?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
schild
Administrator

Reply #50 on: August 13, 2009, 09:04:28 PM

Increases your  by 3 ?

Your what? You can't paste an image. Each one of those icons corresponds to a stat. Some of it isn't completely clear, which I'm working on. What did the little icon look like.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: August 13, 2009, 09:21:00 PM

There was no icon. In fact, I haven't seen a single image since selecting a class.

Also:

Error:  The requested address '/facebook/-43ef-b201-640d40835416' was not found on this server.

When selecting the meadow in the first dungeon.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 09:24:35 PM by FatuousTwat »

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
schild
Administrator

Reply #52 on: August 13, 2009, 09:24:54 PM

ORLY. Hm.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: August 13, 2009, 11:08:59 PM

I have killed rat. I hope that "publish to your wall" shit doesn't pop up often.
schild
Administrator

Reply #54 on: August 13, 2009, 11:09:35 PM

I have killed rat. I hope that "publish to your wall" shit doesn't pop up often.
Only when you level. You should publish to your wall though. When you level. Because you'd be supporting me. Not some Mafia War asshat.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: August 13, 2009, 11:21:12 PM

You have the dreams and nightmares about beautiful and horrifying things.

Oh, those dreams!  Heart

Beginning to get a small case of the TLDRs. I don't mind reading a bit sometimes, but... cut to the action, please!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 11:23:01 PM by lamaros »
schild
Administrator

Reply #56 on: August 13, 2009, 11:27:55 PM

Oh, those dreams!  Heart

Beginning to get a small case of the TLDRs. I don't mind reading a bit sometimes, but... cut to the action, please!

Sigh, I must not have caught everything. I need to keep digging through the content. There's... a lot.

Also, lamaros, no one is telling you to read. I think most of it is worth reading because even I find some of it funny, and I wrote that shit. But it's a diku game, you know how to play. You don't need text. Press butan, kill, press butan, kill. Shortest tutorial ever. You can almost be illiterate and play this game.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: August 13, 2009, 11:29:46 PM

Oh, those dreams!  Heart

Sigh, I must not have caught everything. I need to keep digging through the content. There's... a lot.

Also, lamaros, no one is telling you to read. I think most of it is worth reading because even I find some of it funny, and I wrote that shit. But it's a diku game, you know how to play. You don't need text. Press butan, kill, press butan, kill. Shortest tutorial ever. You can almost be illiterate and play this game.

I meant more that sometimes you click three pages of text in a row before you some to a fight or a choice. Or maybe I was just unlucky and it's random?
schild
Administrator

Reply #58 on: August 13, 2009, 11:31:18 PM

Hm, most of the fights only have one screen. Some of the other stuff has more than one screen. Also, some of the dungeons have multiple screens of text telling a slapdash story - but for the most part, I think you're imagining that particular situation. There is a LOT of text though.
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #59 on: August 14, 2009, 12:17:57 AM

This is nice man :) Love the in jokes from F13 especially, hehe.

Rumors of War
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #60 on: August 14, 2009, 12:35:26 AM

Note to self: stay away from level 3 wolves...and don't hold your hands out near any dwarves :P

Rumors of War
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #61 on: August 14, 2009, 05:42:30 AM

I have a feeling I'm about to be smacked for asking this, but is there anyway to see this without making a facebook account?  Yes, I'm socially stunted and refuse to make one. 
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: August 14, 2009, 08:33:36 AM

I have a feeling I'm about to be smacked for asking this, but is there anyway to see this without making a facebook account?  Yes, I'm socially stunted and refuse to make one. 

I can see why someone might want to avoid making a FB account with personal info, why wouldn't you make one using a pseudonym without personal info?  That way you can play all the games and even friend people you don't even know just to exploit the FB games!
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #63 on: August 14, 2009, 09:39:27 AM

Because the damn kids won't get off my lawn, that's why. 

In reality, it's just because I don't need something else occupying my time.  Schild's game isn't wasting time, but logging into facebook is.  Also, I'm lazy. 
Arrrgh
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: August 14, 2009, 10:11:01 AM

I have this vague fuck facebook/myspace/twitter and the horses they rode in on feeling that I've never taken the time to analyze.  I doubt you and I are alone in never having made an account.

schild
Administrator

Reply #65 on: August 14, 2009, 10:21:33 AM

Error:  The requested address '/facebook/-43ef-b201-640d40835416' was not found on this server.

When selecting the meadow in the first dungeon.

After wasting all my points at the Q yesterday, I couldn't get to the meadow. But, finally had points, went to the dungeon, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... Worked fine.

If this wasn't what you were talking about, I'm going to play through the whole thing and see if I can finish it. That said, Facebook is a finicky bitch, so sometimes shit just breaks that's not really broken. Bugwise, on movement and such, there aren't any bugs. I've played the game extensively on the admin side. Whenever FB says "OOPS SOMETHING IS BROKEN, THE QQ TEAM IS STILL WORKING OUT KINKS" it's really "FBML is trash and we're going to blame the QQ team."
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: August 14, 2009, 11:03:26 AM

I have this vague fuck facebook/myspace/twitter and the horses they rode in on feeling that I've never taken the time to analyze.  I doubt you and I are alone in never having made an account.

Facebook is much less "Twittery" than the other crap out there. It's much more "opt-in/opt-out" so there's not as much random friend adds or spammy crap.

I'm seeing "Locke's Heart (requires party size 3)" Are there plans to add friends after clicking it? Like, "You don't have a party size 3, click here to invite people now!"

(Funny how I said Facebook isn't spammy, then offered a suggestion to make it so!)

schild
Administrator

Reply #67 on: August 14, 2009, 11:06:39 AM

Facebook is pretty spammy. Most games require that sort of thing now. Me being a fan of it or not is pretty irrelevant. That said, hey, go ahead and invite some friends. I don't know if you can use that thing for current invites, but I would join your party. I'm fairly certain 3 is as big as it needs to be to see everything in the game at least.

That said, it'll be a week before I populate stuff past Locke's Heart (or even the dark cave and secret dungeon).
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #68 on: August 14, 2009, 11:07:31 AM

Why the hell am I bludgeoning things to death with the butt end of my crossbow instead of shooting them in the face with the pointy end?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #69 on: August 14, 2009, 11:07:46 AM

Why the hell am I bludgeoning things to death with the butt end of my crossbow instead of shooting them in the face with the pointy end?
Because it's hilarious.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Questy Quest (QQ) (On Facebook) (By the way, I'm the Writer, >_>)  
Jump to: