Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:31:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Zombieland 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Zombieland  (Read 18281 times)
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #35 on: October 12, 2009, 08:39:53 PM

This movie was awesome.  Laughed the entire way through it.  Everybody should see it.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
jason
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: October 13, 2009, 07:54:37 AM

Want to see a sequel?  How about 12?
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: October 13, 2009, 08:21:16 AM

Wife and I saw it last night, It was funny as hell, and in general a ton of good laughs.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: October 13, 2009, 09:45:37 AM

Awesome. Absolutely loved this movie.

I don't see many movies twice in the theatre, but I'm going to go see this again.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: October 13, 2009, 10:28:22 AM

Want to see a sequel?  How about 12?

I'm incredibly glad the TV show idea didn't pan out, it would have sucked so bad on a network.

I am the .00000001428%
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #40 on: October 13, 2009, 04:55:24 PM

This is the best movie I've seen in a very long time.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: October 19, 2009, 06:50:01 PM

Best opening credits for a zombie movie ever! The zombie stripper with the dollar bills stuffed into her g-string made me laugh. I have to see this again.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: October 20, 2009, 04:26:24 AM

Watched it with my wife, who normally hates zombie movies, and we both thought it was great.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: October 21, 2009, 01:30:35 PM

Today I saw a grossly overwieght guy holding an orange sign which read, "Little Caesars HOT 'N READY $5 Large Pizza". He was asleep under his cap, leaning forward on a bus stop bench, slightly in the shade. All I could think was, You're gonna be the first to go, Fatty.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Infinitecorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 25, 2009, 07:19:54 PM

It was pretty  awesome, for real might see it again. However, it can't hold a candle to Shawn of the Dead

I am perpetually stuck in the 90's
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: October 25, 2009, 07:27:33 PM

It was pretty  awesome, for real might see it again. However, it can't hold a candle to Shawn of the Dead

I strongly disagree. Zombieland was every bit as good but for different reasons, they are simply different takes on the same genre and deserve back to back showings.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Infinitecorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: October 26, 2009, 04:19:48 PM

I strongly disagree. Zombieland was every bit as good but for different reasons, they are simply different takes on the same genre and deserve back to back showings.
I guess it's all personal preference i just laughed more in Shawn of the Dead. This is a great movie, though.

I am perpetually stuck in the 90's
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #47 on: October 26, 2009, 04:51:17 PM

I went into this movie with pretty high expectations based on this thread and it actually surpassed them.

I'm very glad nobody spoiled the really cool thing for me.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: October 28, 2009, 08:11:49 AM

I'm very glad nobody spoiled the really cool thing for me.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Did you stay for the after the credits 'surprise'?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #49 on: October 28, 2009, 08:35:56 AM

Yeah, I didn't think it was worth it though.
schild
Administrator

Reply #50 on: October 28, 2009, 08:39:56 AM

It really wasn't.
jason
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: October 28, 2009, 09:16:10 AM

I saw the movie twice and didn't stay through the credits either time... someone care to spoil it in a spoiler tag?  Loved the film, but I'm not likely to pay to see it a third time at the theaters.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: October 28, 2009, 10:22:49 AM

It really wasn't.

If you can't find love in your heart for Caddyshack you really just can't find love at all.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #53 on: October 28, 2009, 02:17:26 PM

It really wasn't.

If you can't find love in your heart for Caddyshack you really just can't find love at all.

Ah, that must be it.  I somehow never saw Caddyshack growing up and have only seen it once as an adult.  It hasn't buried itself into my consciousness like so many other movies of that era.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: October 28, 2009, 04:11:37 PM

This was a great fucking movie. Just as awesome as Shaun, but in very different ways.
MournelitheCalix
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: October 29, 2009, 09:23:28 PM

Go see this movie, see it twice.  Holy shit I almost cried I was laughing so hard in a few parts.

QFE, my thoughts exactly

Born too late to explore the new world.
Born too early to explore the universe.
Born just in time to see liberty die.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: November 08, 2009, 07:16:49 PM

Finally saw this. DRILLING AND MANLINESS 
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #57 on: November 09, 2009, 08:56:25 AM

Saw this as well - I think I'm going to have to buy the DVD when released. Fantastic fucking movie. I kept expecting one of the main characters to get his/her face eaten off. The guest star was truly too  awesome, for real  for words.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: November 10, 2009, 02:56:17 PM

This movie is way way better than Shaun of the Dead.

Even if it's predictable as heck, it's fucking funny and fun. I watched it twice in a row last night I'll see it again when it gets a release here.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #59 on: November 10, 2009, 03:23:57 PM

Saw this with the wife over the weekend.  The cameo was, indeed, pure awesome.  Too bad I knew exactly where it was going. Poor guy.

Anyone else expect the sister to get offed in the last part of the movie?  It really felt like it was going that way with how they were presenting her and how she trailed off. I keep thinking the original draft/ edit did away with her and it got revised after a few pre-screenings.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: November 10, 2009, 06:14:29 PM

I felt like they were all going to die together or live together.  I was kinda blitzed when I watched the movie though.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: November 11, 2009, 11:48:05 AM

I only thought Tallahassee was going to die.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: November 11, 2009, 12:01:23 PM

I only thought Tallahassee was going to die.

Same here but I think the fact that they all lived was one of the better things about the movie.  The movie had all the sense of dread that most zombie movies have, that impending doom feeling that in the end you're still fucked. At the end though, we(humans) won and it felt really good.  I wouldn't call it a happy ending persay, still stuck in zombie apocolypse but it was an ending that made you go "fuck yeah"  hard to really type out that gut feeling.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: November 11, 2009, 01:19:42 PM

I don't think there was enough death at all in the movie really.  I was expecting at least Harrelson to die.  Hell they even at least Zombified Nick Frost in Shaun of the Dead.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: November 11, 2009, 07:13:08 PM

Different movies are different.  I loved both.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #65 on: December 30, 2009, 01:49:49 AM

Just got done watching this, it was great. I'd say it's the equal of SoTD, just with a different sort of humor. If you don't like this movie you're probably a horrible person whose humanity is a burnt out little husk.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: December 30, 2009, 05:44:55 AM

Just got done watching this, it was great. I'd say it's the equal of SoTD, just with a different sort of humor. If you don't like this movie you're probably a horrible person whose humanity is a burnt out little husk.
No, I liked it.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Zombieland  
Jump to: