Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:15:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Game Design Choices and Overpowered Classes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game Design Choices and Overpowered Classes  (Read 17294 times)
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #70 on: August 05, 2009, 04:41:20 PM

Oh hey, wow forum responses? My turn again.

Everyone's T9 set bonuses are AWESOME, except for maybe holy paladins and mages which are just kind of "meh". For healing priests, it's nigh useless. The T4 set bonus is horrid. I did some napkin math and it's not even worth breaking my 4 set bonus as a disc priest unless I use the 25man hard mode sets. It's very likely both holy and disc will be doing piecemeal sets of no more than 2 set pieces. Maybe.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: August 05, 2009, 05:59:44 PM

Heh, yeah. I'm looking at probably getting one piece T9 tops (probably shoulders) and then spending the rest of my badges on some of the nifty ilvl245 rewards. There's a rather nice trinket in there, and the ring isn't too bad for disc either. Add on the fact that the 10-man raid seems to have very little cloth that isn't DPS, and this whole patch smacks of fail for holy priests.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #72 on: August 05, 2009, 06:05:17 PM

I was rolling my eyes at the warrior 2 piece, but now that they buffed devastate damage significantly its not too bad. The main problem is that the T8 4 piece (not that I have it) is just completely obscene.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: August 06, 2009, 10:18:30 AM

The holy paladin 2T9 is utterly useless, possibly worse than the 2T8, which is already astoundingly bad.  The 4T9 is annoying, in that it's likely that it is necessary to make the HoT from FoL worthwhile, not to mention if players decide to go the 4T9 + gem/trinkets spellpower + touched by the light path, there will soon be instances where players are seeing ticks of 2k+ every second.  Which has the possibility of unbalancing PvP, plus it is probably not intended at all for the HoT to be that strong in PvE.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Game Design Choices and Overpowered Classes  
Jump to: