Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:11:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Wiccana - Instances 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wiccana - Instances  (Read 38669 times)
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #35 on: August 04, 2009, 02:44:54 PM

Sorry, I have signeitis. Ditz around for a week and a half, then lose all interest. I don't know why, but I just can't seem to garner the enthusiasm for Conan. Or for many other games for that matter. Played 4 hours of Dawn of Discovery this weekend and now I throw up a bit in my mouth at the thought of doing it again.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: August 05, 2009, 10:33:14 AM

Sky:

I'm a 60 PoM and I'll help in an instance, assuming we can get enough people.

Also, I don't know the threshhold at which a lvl 80 is no longer superman in an Epic instance. But I imagine that one of those bosses is going to start being felt at 60+.

Engels:

For me, Everquest in 1999-2000 and DAoC until ToA were the real times where I couldn't wait to play with others I knew in-game. The guild (and realm) community was very strong, and everyone was into playing through their avatars.

Nowadays, all the games make it so you don't play through your avatar and immerse, you are very aware that you are just pushing buttons and soloing casually away. It is a combination of nothing really being "new" any more, the casualness and no-risk-ness of games, and generaly everyone being solo-oriented for whatever reasons the game decided to push you there.

A FUCKING COMPANY IS AT STEAK
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 05, 2009, 12:45:32 PM

What levels are your guys? Breas is a 52 Conq right now. I'd probably prefer the cheese method of having a lvl 80 walk through it for the quest updates, since putting together a PUG would be tough.

Fiancee works late the next couple nights so I should be on a little more (and earlier), but I also have to make cookies tonight.

Highest char is lvl 48 HoX.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #38 on: August 05, 2009, 01:08:07 PM

Free month is up tonight, too late.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: August 13, 2009, 11:18:50 AM

For me, Everquest in 1999-2000 and DAoC until ToA were the real times where I couldn't wait to play with others I knew in-game. The guild (and realm) community was very strong, and everyone was into playing through their avatars.

So true. EQ was immersive for me for a while, but at the time I didn't have as much play time. When I hit DAoC with some friends on release, we played non-stop until ToA. It was great fun and the RvR was the draw. I looked forward to logging in to play. You're right that the more games move toward solo accomplishment, the less draw there is... at least for me. But the same goes for me with single-player games as well these days. When I think of playing a game, I think of the accomplishments I can achieve in real life and go do those instead. I think it's a function of age. Bleh.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #40 on: August 13, 2009, 12:08:19 PM

I feel the same way, but kind of reversed. A single player or solo friendly game I can take at my pace, go afk whenever I have the need or urge, stop and start when I have the time. Things dependent on multiplayer just cut into my schedule too much, and I don't enjoy scheduling ahead of time to play a video game. Just about any game where the achievements are more important than the fun (sitting on boring raids to get the good gear comes to mind), I'd rather just do something irl, whether it's learn a new song or build something.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: August 13, 2009, 08:40:41 PM

I feel the same way, but kind of reversed. A single player or solo friendly game I can take at my pace, go afk whenever I have the need or urge, stop and start when I have the time. Things dependent on multiplayer just cut into my schedule too much, and I don't enjoy scheduling ahead of time to play a video game. Just about any game where the achievements are more important than the fun (sitting on boring raids to get the good gear comes to mind), I'd rather just do something irl, whether it's learn a new song or build something.

Agreed. I rarely like to "fit" a video game in my schedule and i don't make a habit of doing so too often even when i'm in a clan/guild setting. I wouldn't buy a game if i have to rely on someone else to make it fun. 
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Wiccana - Instances  
Jump to: