Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:26:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: 1.05 is here - Perfect time to come back. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1.05 is here - Perfect time to come back.  (Read 176289 times)
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: July 08, 2009, 08:08:21 AM

It's decent, but my Laptop just isn't up to the task and I'm not up to click-click-die anymore. Have fun you all!

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
schild
Administrator

Reply #246 on: July 08, 2009, 08:08:30 AM

Lookit all those PoM nerfs.

Oh. Wait.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #247 on: July 08, 2009, 08:59:10 AM

Fuck, they nerfed both my demo and my tos. /cry

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: July 08, 2009, 09:18:17 AM

Are you really surprised?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #249 on: July 08, 2009, 09:26:07 AM

Yeah. ToS was supposed to be nerfed to the ground with 1.05, and when it came out they still were very damn solid.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #250 on: July 08, 2009, 09:48:41 AM

After playing Aion over the weekend I forgot to start playing AOC again.  Are we still on Agony?  Assassins look shiny.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #251 on: July 08, 2009, 10:25:43 AM

I am on the carebear server. Thought about rolling up on the pvp server and there's not really any attraction. /Maybe/ the rp-pvp, but meh.
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: July 08, 2009, 11:21:44 AM

I always knew the whore was overcharging.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #253 on: July 08, 2009, 12:36:44 PM

Necro nerf.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

ToS nerf.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Demo nerf.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Those classes needed it a tad, lets just hope they dont overnerf.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: July 08, 2009, 12:53:10 PM

Is it bad that I just keep re-rolling characters and taking them from 1-20?  I leveled a character to like 33 but everything gets kind of blah after tortage.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: July 08, 2009, 12:53:42 PM

Not much love for bear shamen.  I may have to wait on playing one. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: July 08, 2009, 01:59:40 PM

I tried my bear shaman again and I just couldn't get into it, so I'd have to say my experience is that there weren't signfiicantly improved.  Wasn't able to do much damage.  Wasn't able to heal very well.  Didn't seem to have significant buffs or CC.  Char was mid/late-20s, so maybe it picks up later.
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #257 on: July 09, 2009, 09:03:29 AM

NECROMANCER
* Reduced the base damage of all spells.

Oh, COME ON, I just came back!
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #258 on: July 09, 2009, 10:39:26 AM

They are still refusing to add the one  patch note that I think has been a gross oversight since initial release:

* Added a new endurance bar for all classes. The Endurance Bar is used for sprinting only.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: July 09, 2009, 02:58:57 PM

I need to get back to playing.  Maybe tonight.  I forget what level my Templar is at.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: July 09, 2009, 04:35:01 PM

Oh, COME ON, I just came back!
Did you ever knock Funcom in your blog?  They were probably just waiting for the opportunity to strike. awesome, for real

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #261 on: July 09, 2009, 07:55:00 PM

Ultimately there are two issues that are hindering me from having a good time with AoC. 

First, the /who system.  I can't find anyone or any guild names when I search.  Is it because they're not online?  Or are the window functions broken?  Are the stars aligned properly?  I don't know, because it's not documented properly.  And it certainly isn't intuitive. 

Second, I don't want to play without knowing that there will still be people playing in a month.  The whole damn game is instanced, why did they need to have servers?  It would have been a lot cooler to use an instancing system like Guild Wars so I can flip servers if one of the F13 guilds fold.  Granted, not many people play like we do.  But it would have been nice so I don't have to go through Tortage AGAIN.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: July 09, 2009, 08:07:56 PM

Yeah.  AoC would really benefit from one world.  The only downside to instancing it like Guild Wars is that GW's hubs can handle a lot more people at once, and the world is huge so people are spread out.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #263 on: July 25, 2009, 09:39:28 AM

More class balance. LOTS OF IT. Now on test. Live in a couple of weeks.

CLASSES

ASSASSIN
* Increased the bonuses granted by Vile Poisons to 4/8/12/16/20% per respective feat point (up from 3/6/9/12/15%).
* Increased the bonuses granted by Vile Corruption to 4/8/12/16/20% per respective feat point (up from 3/6/9/12/15%).

BARBARIAN
* Blood Rage Stance has been changed to an Active Proc with the same proc rate as Reaver Stance.
* Blood Rage Stance can stack up to 10 times.
* Blood Rage Stance buffs now increase Max Health instead of Evade Chance.
* Reaver Stance can stack up to 10 times.
* Insanity now increases the maximum stack size of the Blood Rage Stance by 1/2/2 per respective feat point for a total of 5 more stacks.
* Predatory Instincts has been redesigned to increase the maximum stack size of Reaver Stance. The stack size increase is 1/2/2 per respective feat point for a total of 5 extra stacks.
* Spirit of the Panther now provides its critical hit chance increase to Cyclone of Steel based on the number of Reaver Stance stacks active on the Barbarian. With 1 feat point invested, the Barbarian will have +5% crit chance when Reaver Stance reaches 7 stacks or more. With 2 feat points invested, the Barbarian will have +10% crit chance when Reaver Stance reaches 10 stacks or more. With 3 feat points invested, the Barbarian will have +15% crit chance when Reaver Stance reaches 13 stacks or more.
* Savage Fury now requires 10 stacks of Reaver Stance to be active rather than a percentage of health missing.
* Activating Savage Fury now provides the team with a smaller damage boost.
* Endless Fury now increases the duration of Savage Fury by 2.5/5 seconds per respective feat point for both the Barbarian and the team.
* Reduced the bonuses gained from Savage Fury and Endless Fury.
* The Overpower feat has been re-designed. It will now give you a new ability called Overpower. Whenever you trigger a off-hand attack there is a 20/40/60/80/100% to unlock the ability Overpower. This attack is a direct damage cone attack in from of the barbarian. The damage of Overpower is scaled with the amount of stacks of Reaver you have running. You can only use Overpower when you are in the Reaver Stance.
* Lure has been replaced with a new feat that grants 2/4% fear resistance for each stack of Reaver stance currently active. Unstable Mind has been moved to the Reaver tree and made 1 feat point. Unstable Mind will now correctly give fear immunity when used.
* Unstable Mind in the Berserker tree has been removed and replaced with the feat Blood Crazed, a 1 point feat. Blood Crazed increases your maximum health while you are in Blood Rage stance.
* The feat "Ability - Welcoming Death" has been changed to "Welcoming Death", and the ability removed. This feat now gives you a 45% weapon damage increase when you attack an enemy with 35% or lower health. You will only get this bonus if you are in Blood Rage stance.
* Arcane Marauder has been changed. It now passively gives you a 1/2/3/4/5% immunity chance. Additionally, while you are in Blood Rage stance you have a 4/8/12/16/20% chance of increasing your Blood Rage stack by 1 when taking spell damage. When hit by a spell critical, you gain the Arcane Marauder effect, increasing your movement speed by 25%.
* Fearsome Agility has been removed and replaced with Unstoppable, and has swapped places with Rampage. When attacked while under 35% health, you will gain 6/12/18/24/30% damage deflection for 15 seconds. The internal cooldown for gaining this buff has been lowered from 30 seconds to 15 seconds. This effect will only trigger if you are in Blood Rage stance.
* The Swarm Fighter feat has been changed. The healing proc it causes on minions now scales with the base damage on the minion, rather than being a static amount. Additional feat points now increases the healing done, in addition to the radius of the effect. A minion cannot be affected by Swarm Fighter more than once per minute. This feat now also grants a passive 4/8/12/16/20% weapon damage increase for the barbarian.
* Rampaging Horde now provides the Barbarian's team members with a static amount of ranged and melee weapon damage.
* The Rampage feat has been changed and now gives a permanent combat rating increase.
* Moved Unstoppable from the Reaver tree to the second to last tier in the Berserker Tree.
* Predatory Instincts has been redesigned to increase the maximum stack size of Reaver Stance. The stack size increase is 1/2/2 per respective feat point for a total of 5 extra stacks.
* Hammer and Anvil now increases the damage dealt by Staggering Blow by 5/10/15/20/25% per respective feat point in addition to its current effect.
* The variance of the Sever damage proc has been lowered so it does more reliable damage. This damage for this proc can now also crit.
* Dance of Death has had its cooldown lowered to 40 seconds and had its damage significantly increased. The AOE damage effect will now only trigger once per swing if hitting multiple targets at once, rather than once per target struck. The variance of the damage was lowered so it inflicts more reliable damage. The damage from Dance of Death can now critically hit.
* Increased the bonuses to the Stunning Punch combo given by the Hammer and Anvil feat to 9/18/27/36/45% per respective feat point (up from 3/6/9/12/15%)
* Increased the bonuses granted by the Cyclone of Razors feat to 5/10/15/20/25% per respective feat point (up from 1/2/3/4/5%)
* Reduced the bonuses granted by the Jagged Weapons feat to 4/8/12% per respective feat point (down from 10/20/30%)
* Reduced the cooldown of Decapitation to 40 seconds (down from 2 minutes)
* Increased the bonuses granted by the Decapitation feat to 8/16/24/32% per point after the first (up from 3/6/9/12%)
* Increased the duration of the Lashing Swords debuff to 10 seconds (was 5).
* Twist and Tear has changed places in the feat tree with Predatory Instincts.
* Increased Evade Chance of Predatory Instincts to 3/6/9/12/15%.
* Increased Stamina Regeneration of Predatory Instincts.
* Increased duration of Predatory Instincts to 15s (was 13s).
* The duration of the buff gained via Reverse Swing now increases by 2 seconds per additional feat point spent, in addition to the magnitude increase.

BEAR SHAMAN
* Added a new mechanic to the Bear Shaman: While the Bear Shaman has any Manifestation active, any target hit with Internal Bleed will suffer from the following effects:
- Manifestation of Winter causes the Arctic Slumber vision. The target is drained of stamina and mana over time and when this effect expires, they are snared for a short time.
- Manifestation of the Sun causes the Desert Bloom vision. The target takes fire damage over time and when this effect expires, the Bear Shaman receives a damage boost for a short time.
- Manifestation of the Forest causes the Tree of Life vision. The Bear Shaman gains a self-stacking Armor and Protection buff and when this effect expires, the Bear Shaman gains additional Armor and Protection for a short time.
- Manifestation of Spirit causes the World Walker vision. The target takes poison damage over time and when this effect expires, they suffer a large amount of damage.
* Changed Manifestation: Hostile Territory to Manifestation of Spirit. This spell is gained at level 15 and pulses a 5% damage debuff to all enemies around the Bear Shaman.
* Manifestation: Enfeeble has been replaced with Manifestation of Winter. This spell now has only one rank is gained a level 35 and pulses cold damage on all foes around the Bear Shaman while active.
* Replaced Spirits of the Earth with a new Spell - Manifestation of the Forest. This spell reduces the physical invulnerability rating of all foes around the Bear Shaman by -10% while active.
* Replaced Spirits of the Debased with a new Spell - Manifestation of the Sun. This spell reduces the hate generated by the Bear Shaman and reduces the incoming healing received by all foes around the Bear Shaman by -10% while active.
* Renamed Manifestation: Regrowth to Rune of Regrowth. This spell no longer shares buff lines with any Manifestations.
* All manifestations have had their durations changed to 25 seconds, their cooldown changed to 50 seconds, and their cast time reduced to 0.5 seconds.
* Reduced Aspect - Blood Fever to a 3 point feat. This feat no longer grants a new ability.
* Changed Blood Fever to increase weapon damage by 5/10/15% while any Manifestation is active.
* Changed Untamed Regeneration to no longer grant a new ability. It now grants the same amount of regeneration while any Manifestation is active.
* Internal Bleed III has had its combo-sequence reduced from three steps to two (UR>UP)
* Internal Bleed IV has had its combo-sequence reduced from four steps to two (LR>UP)
* Added a New Feat: Mutilation. The feat is located above Bewilder in the Wrath tree and increases the critical chance of the Internal Bleed damage over time effect by 5/10/15/20/25% per respective rank and increases the critical bonus damage by 60/70/80/90/100% per respective rank.
* Crushed Bones has been changed from affecting the combo opener for Internal Bleed to affecting the finisher damage. The bonus has been recalculated accordingly.
* Crushed Organs has been increased by an additional 1% per rank.
* Removed all Spirit Totem spells. Some of the bonuses granted by these Totems has been added to different Claw effects as follows: Claws of Corruption and Claws of the Reaper now provide additional Combat Rating (Unholy) passively. Claws of Life and Claws of Stone now provide additional Armor passively.
* Ursine Spirit has been moved to the place Spirit Totem: Miasma used to occupy.
* Spirit Totem: Miasma has been renamed to Gangrene. It now increases the periodic damage of Manifestation of Winter.
* Spirit Walker has been changed to modify the damage over time effect and the ending damage of the World Walker vision.
* Shards of the Earth has been changed and now significantly increases the damage of Ursine Crush.
* Ursine Roar no longer grants a spell and has been renamed Ursine Spirit, and is now located in the Spirits tree. It now improves the the damage debuff component of Manifestation of Spirit by 1/2/5% per respective feat point.
* Added a new feat to the Wrath tree: Winter's Bite. This feat increases the power of the mana and stamina drain effect of Arctic Slumber and the power of the ending snare effect caused by Arctic Slumber.
* Scarred Hide has been changed to have a chance to give the bonus armor buff on all physical hits, not just critical hits. The proc chance has been adjusted down to 3%/8%/16%.
* Iron Hide has been significantly improved. The duration has been lowered to 6 seconds, but it will now fully absorb up to 100 attacks during that period. In addition, attacks against you while Iron Hide is running will grant you a damage increase during and after Iron Hide activation. The more attacks you absorb, the higher this damage bonus will be.
* Ursine Crush has had its cooldown lowered to 1 minute.
* Created a new 3 point feat on the third tier in the Wrath tree: Ursine Fury. This feat increases the duration of the stun effect caused by Ursine Crush by 0.5/1/1.5 seconds per respective feat point.
* Created a new 1 point feat on the sixth tier in the Wrath tree: Ursinity. This feat reduces the cooldown of Ursine Rush by 15 seconds.
* Created a new 2 point feat on the eigth tier in the Wrath tree: Rampaging Crush. This feat increases the radius of Ursine Crush by 1/2 meters per respective feat point.
* A new feat Spirit Bear has been added into the Spirits tree, as a requirement to Booming Roar. When you perform a physical critical hit you have a 10/20/30/40/50% chance of spawning a Spirit Bear, and whenever you perform a fatality a Spirit Bear will be created. Regardless of how the Spirit Bear is summoned, a Spirit Bear cannot be summoned more than once every 15 seconds. The bear attacks with you and stacks up the Physical Torment debuff on the enemy. Additionally, if you have Claws of the Reaper running, it will apply the Claws of Stone debuff on the target, and if you have Claws of Stone running, it will apply Claws of the Reaper instead.
* Claws of the Reaper now provides all players attacking the cursed target with a damage boost if they are currently affected by Renewal.
* Switched the locations of Claws of Life and Claws of the Reaper.
* Increased the bonuses granted to the Crush Armor combo by the Rupture feat to 20% (up from 5%).
* Bloodthirst has had the final step of its combo-sequence changed from UP to UL making the new sequence LR>UR>UL
* The damage of the Bloodthirst combo has been increased.
* Blood Champion has been changed from a clickable to an additional passive damage bonus when casting Blood Flow. The damage bonus has been reduced to 6/12/18/24/30% weapon contribution.
* Increased the duration of the Blood Warrior effect to 15 seconds.
* Ursine Rush has been changed to a 1 point feat.
* Changed the Rune of Slaughter feat to "Slaughter" This feat now passively increases Armor Penetration.
* Added the Physical Ruin proc to the Rune of Aggression spell.
* Increased the cooldown of Rune of Aggression to 45 seconds.
* Slightly increased the weapon contribution bonus gained from Rune of Aggression.
* Weight of the World no longer grants an ability. It now increases critical damage by 2.5/5% per respective feat point.
* Battle Roar no longer grants a new spell. It instead provides a reduced bonus to weapon damage and max health passively.
* Increased the Miss Chance debuff values of Ursine Brawl to 3/5/8% per respective combo rank.
* All ranks of Ursine Brawl now share cooldowns.
* Increased the bonuses granted by Ursine Onslaught to 9/18/27/36/45% (up from 2/4/6/8/10%)
* The cooldown of Ether Theft has been reduced to 25 seconds, down from 30.
* Lycanthropic Bite has been made instant-cast, down from 1 second.
* Ursine Crush has been adjusted so that the damage component occurs before the stun component.
* The casting time of Booming Roar has been reduced from 1 second to 0.1 seconds.
* Renamed the Fierce Recovery blocker effect to 'Hibernation' to avoid a naming conflict.

CONQUEROR
* Increased the bonuses granted by Rend and Tear to 5/10/15/20/25% per respective feat point (up from 3/6/9/12/15%)
* Increased the bonuses to the Batter Aside combo given by the Devastate feat to 9/18/27/36/45% per respective feat point (up from 2/4/6/8/10%)
* Increased the bonuses granted by the Power Feint feat to 5/10/15/20/25% per respective feat point (up from 1/2/3/4/5%)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: 1.05 is here - Perfect time to come back.  
Jump to: