Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:50:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: My Top Warcraft Wants 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Top Warcraft Wants  (Read 41630 times)
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: June 10, 2009, 08:27:21 AM

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
chargerrich
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: June 10, 2009, 08:38:38 AM

Yes I had heard this before but had never seen it until that video.... ACK!

Too bad... talk about looking behind the curtain!  Cry
Vash
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: June 10, 2009, 08:58:40 AM

Yeah there's lots of unfinished areas and clipping issues in major cities due to what seems like attempts to prevent people from having to render the whole city for performance reasons.  Still, all it takes is some (ok, a lot in fairness) invisible walls and a change to how cities are displayed when viewing from outside/above.  Not impossible by any means, it's not like they have to go and put something in all that unfinished area (yet).   Ohhhhh, I see.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #38 on: June 10, 2009, 09:13:06 AM

Look at it a bit differently.

The reason people want flying is because it feels like it takes forever to get anywhere.

Speeding up mounts (outside battlegrounds) to flying speed would solve that - basic mounts at 100%, epic @ 280%.
Vash
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: June 10, 2009, 09:30:35 AM

If they do that they really need to take another look at the basic flying mount too.  I'd hope for a bump to 150% speed or more (100% bare minimum).  Paying 1000g and a 40% speed decrease just for access to a Z-axis is one of the most  swamp poop  things I've ever seen in the game and I can't believe it's still this way this far into the next expasion.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: June 10, 2009, 10:16:37 AM

I'm bored, so here goes:  

1.  Soloable/scalable instances/raids. Unlike you, I want it to scale down to the basic unit of the game. I don't care if the rewards are heavily reduced, as long as there is some reward that isn't completely insulting.
2.  Housing.  I know it would have to be instanced, but it could be interesting at least as a diversion.  Plus you could add a new profession: carpentry!
3.  An appearance tab.  I'd rather look like what I want (as long as I have the items) without reducing my readiness to kick ass.
4.  Long class specific quest lines, similar to the Death Knight introduction.  Some sort of class specific reward (doesn't even have to be practical) but it ideally it would have some choice to differentiate among everyone that completed it.  This should be a personal challenge, not a popsockathon.
5.  If #1 is too much to ask, hireable NPCs would be nice.
6.  An end to the ever escalating badge system. Go back to one currency for heroic and raid boss kills.
7.  A /level option for someone with single/multiple level 80s.  If anything to just skip old world leveling, it sucks. I'd even pay for this.
8.  More fluff that is not designed by whomever did the jousting.  Housing would tie into this.  Make the Darkmoon Faire more alive.  Add racing.  Add some form of gambling with a token system.  (not gold, that could get out of hand)
9.  Removal of the hit and possibly expertise stats.  Can we replace them with something less stupid? It seems like their only use is cockblocking people from being a drain their first few times in Naxx or making gemming/enchanting more assy than they need to be.
10.  Drastically reduce the levels required for outland and Northrend flying.  This is less of an issue in Northrend due to the copious amount of flight paths, but I'd rather use my expensive flying sooner rather than later.  Also, Outland has a lot of really big zones that require a lot of "hoofing" it.

This is coming from someone whose playing situation is going to change rather drastically very soon.  I'd really love to enjoy WoW in small chunks without having to rely on others for more than just social interaction.  Reallistically, I'll probably just end up playing the SWTOR.

I'd sign on for all of these.

I recently leveled a rogue to 29, though, and it's kind of sad to me how empty the old world is.  Outlands too.  Would be nice if it was somehow useable. 

Instead, everyone crams into Wintergrasp and Dalaran.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: June 10, 2009, 10:18:52 AM

An appearance tab is the worst thing ever. Now I know people want to look how they like but there are tons of clothes and armor options out there for people who take the time to look. The only problem is you can't actually pve or pvp while wearing them but im fine with that.  As soon as there's an appearance tab overriding armor you will have to not only read the stupidity of others in your chat logs but also witness it in its full glory.  

Edit to add: I played city of heroes and the robo-hedgehog was the coolest tiny scrapper ever but when i realized items meant jack squat and it was just bashing mobs until max level, it did get boring.

There is not nearly enough space in the vault for clothing in order to look how you want to look.

An appearance tab is greatly needed and desired by many.  But I agree that it will never happen.  (See above discussion on turning off shoulder option).

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: June 10, 2009, 10:36:12 AM

Happen or not:  Housing.
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: June 10, 2009, 11:39:52 AM

edit for Sheepherder: oh yeah, 6. No race/class restrictions. Knew I was forgetting something.
I'd definitely like this one, although it certainly goes into the 'never happen' pile.  The concept of classes being limited by race has always been retarded whether in AD&D or in MMOG's or in whatever game does it.  Remember back when 'Elf' and 'Dwarf' were character classes?  Class limitations by race are no less retarded.

It's one of the few things an old AD&D 2nd Edition holdout like me actually likes about 3E and beyond, that you don't have to invoke DM authority to remove race limits on class.  Your race is what you are, your class is what you do, and even if the typical X would never, ever, in a million years be class Y, player characters are atypical and are meant to be able to do whatever they damn well please, and that should apply to all types of games.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: June 10, 2009, 12:05:50 PM

Koyasha, I agree with your arguement from a D&D perspective; however in WoW, as a descendant of Warcraft I-III, player characters are not atypical. You are simply soldiers of the Alliance/Horde, and this is reflected in much of the content. Set based armor which creates a unified class look, hard coded factions, etc. Every class/race combo allowed reflects not what one random person in the Warcraft universe might potentially do, but what could have been justified as a trainable unit for that faction in an RTS.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: June 10, 2009, 01:33:06 PM

Are we just interpreting the numbers differently or are you seeing something I'm not.

Yeah, I'm seeing that it's calculating relative value by plugging a druid wearing best-in-slot gear for a given tier into a simulator.  If you lurk around the sim threads a little more you will find that the beginning assumptions is something like ~1% short of the combined dodge/miss cap.  Also considering that druid DPS is ~33% autoattack you would expect hit/expertise to utterly destroy haste in terms of value, even with the 25% buff to haste.

EDIT:

Koyasha, I agree with your arguement from a D&D perspective; however in WoW, as a descendant of Warcraft I-III, player characters are not atypical. You are simply soldiers of the Alliance/Horde, and this is reflected in much of the content. Set based armor which creates a unified class look, hard coded factions, etc. Every class/race combo allowed reflects not what one random person in the Warcraft universe might potentially do, but what could have been justified as a trainable unit for that faction in an RTS.

I wouldn't go so far as Koyasha in this, but my two examples (dwarf shaman, undead paladin) actually work very well within the limitations of the lore (mountain kings + storm hammer throwing gryphon riders + earthen = shaman, Sir Zeliek = paladin).  Unless you want to argue that Holy Wrath is a death knight ability, but then you'd be a shortbus and it wouldn't matter.  One would assume the reason it's not this way is the original intention that some classes were faction specific, but then that got canned.  Human hunters could also be added to the list.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 01:46:14 PM by Sheepherder »
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: June 10, 2009, 01:37:31 PM

Yeah, its always been fairly obvious that the original world stuff was a lot of smoke and mirrors to make it look like a continuous world.  There have always been plenty of ways to exploit and get into those areas, most of which have been fixed by now.  They've come a long way since they built Azeroth and Kalimdor.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: June 10, 2009, 01:43:24 PM

Are we just interpreting the numbers differently or are you seeing something I'm not.

Yeah, I'm seeing that it's calculating relative value by plugging a druid wearing best-in-slot gear for a given tier into a simulator.  If you lurk around the sim threads a little more you will find that the beginning assumptions is something like ~1% short of the combined dodge/miss cap.  Also considering that druid DPS is ~33% autoattack you would expect hit/expertise to utterly destroy haste in terms of value, even with the 25% buff to haste.

Well Haste is definitely the worst option aside from raw AP, but AP always comes in much bigger chunks than any of the other stats anyway.  Haste is something you tolerate, not something you actively try to gear for.  Armor Penetration is the one that got the big buff and suddenly became very valuable to cats.  I haven't played around with ArP yet since there are some weird threshold guidelines that need to be followed, from what I've been reading.

Over and out.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: June 10, 2009, 01:56:59 PM

Haste is something you tolerate, not something you actively try to gear for.

Yet haste is very similar to hit/expertise in value according to this sim.  Which should be a warning in and of itself, because it applies to 33% of the damage you do whereas avoidance reduction applies to 100%.  A stat with 25% more value per point which is inherently 77% worse should not have 84% of the value per point of rating.
Gobbeldygook
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: June 10, 2009, 02:16:45 PM

edit for Sheepherder: oh yeah, 6. No race/class restrictions. Knew I was forgetting something.
I'd definitely like this one, although it certainly goes into the 'never happen' pile.
Only some of the race/class restrictions have to do with lore.  There was a hard coded restriction on how many classes a particular race could be associated with.  Blizzard stated that the reason blood elves couldn't be warriors had nothing to do with lore and everything to do with that coding limitation.

I wouldn't hold my breath for it, but removing race/class restrictions is a fair bit more likely to happen than many of the other ideas in this thread.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #50 on: June 10, 2009, 02:21:05 PM

11.  I'd really like it if tabards went the way of pet/mounts.  I hate having to delete them due to bank/bag space need.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 02:25:59 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #51 on: June 10, 2009, 02:24:05 PM

I want shirts that do something. Like a cooldown where you can use your shirt to do a cool emote, or some kind of flashy spell. You never see them because they are under all the armor, so they might as well have some kickass effects.

EPIC SHIRTZ YO!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: June 10, 2009, 02:25:32 PM

Only some of the race/class restrictions have to do with lore.  There was a hard coded restriction on how many classes a particular race could be associated with.  Blizzard stated that the reason blood elves couldn't be warriors had nothing to do with lore and everything to do with that coding limitation.

That's horseshit and we all know it, I imagine even you know it.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: June 10, 2009, 02:32:50 PM

11.  I'd really like it if tabards went the way of pet/mounts.  I hate having to delete them due to bank/bag space need.
What tabards should be are simply tickboxes in the reputation screen.

I want shirts that do something. Like a cooldown where you can use your shirt to do a cool emote, or some kind of flashy spell. You never see them because they are under all the armor, so they might as well have some kickass effects.

EPIC SHIRTZ YO!
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45037 Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 10:46:12 PM by Tarami »

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #54 on: June 10, 2009, 04:48:10 PM

Well slap my ass and call me Sally. I hope they put in more shirts like that which aren't TCG items.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #55 on: June 10, 2009, 05:21:57 PM

I'd definitely like this one, although it certainly goes into the 'never happen' pile.

I wouldn't hold my breath for it, but removing race/class restrictions is a fair bit more likely to happen than many of the other ideas in this thread.

They didn't want the new races to have more than six classes, it wasn't a code thing. And all the races that had 6 classes can now choose 7 with the DK, so even if it was a hard limit back then, it apparently isn't anymore.

I want gnome shamans so bad. :(

Also:
1) Obligatory appearance tab wish.
2) Obligatory housing wish.
3) Speed up the stupid basic flying mount, their current speed is fucking unacceptable.
4) Playable goblins.  Heart  Heart  Heart

God Save the Horn Players
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: June 10, 2009, 05:33:21 PM

7. Nerf paladins.

awesome, for real
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #57 on: June 10, 2009, 05:33:59 PM

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: June 10, 2009, 05:43:01 PM

11.  I'd really like it if tabards went the way of pet/mounts.  I hate having to delete them due to bank/bag space need.

What tabards should be is simply a tickboxes in the reputation screen.

Definite nod to this. You could add moving old currency items to the currency tab too (spirit shards, halaa tokens, scourgestones etc etc)

EPIC SHIRTZ YO!

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28788 is another.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: June 10, 2009, 06:25:38 PM

Playable Goblins is the only thing that would get me to re-sub.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: June 10, 2009, 07:42:43 PM

If we're going that route, goblins, naga, worgen, dryads, harpies, and probably a dozen others I've forgotten.  It's annoying to be in a fantasy world and always restricted to basic humanoids.  (Yeah, I know.  Visible gear makes it a headache the more races you have.)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: June 10, 2009, 09:34:55 PM

Also:
3) Speed up the stupid basic flying mount, their current speed is fucking unacceptable.

Not EXACTLY what you want: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=17730154175&sid=1

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #62 on: June 10, 2009, 09:48:59 PM

Hot damn, yay!

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: June 10, 2009, 11:05:36 PM

Also:

Not EXACTLY what you want: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=17730154175&sid=1

That is awesome.

Summary:
- Slow land mounts trainable at level 20 (currently 30)
- Slow flying mounts trainable at level 60 (currently 70)
- Slow flying mounts speed bonus increased to 150% (currently 60%)
- Cheaper training and mounts.

Epic flight, of course, is still a 5k cockblock, but at least they are allowing faction discounts now.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: June 10, 2009, 11:17:39 PM

Those mount changes are good news. Are they removing the level 77 requirement on Cold Weather Flying? Without that, it will make the transition from Outland to Northrend much worse; as it stands now, you just have to wait til 77 to fly. Being able to fly 60-68 then having to walk for 10 levels would be terrible and bad.

I wouldn't go so far as Koyasha in this, but my two examples (dwarf shaman, undead paladin) actually work very well within the limitations of the lore (mountain kings + storm hammer throwing gryphon riders + earthen = shaman, Sir Zeliek = paladin).  Unless you want to argue that Holy Wrath is a death knight ability, but then you'd be a shortbus and it wouldn't matter.  One would assume the reason it's not this way is the original intention that some classes were faction specific, but then that got canned.  Human hunters could also be added to the list.
Yea, there are certainly a couple examples that fit that they could add, but some things make no sense. Tauren warlock? Undead druid?  swamp poop

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: June 10, 2009, 11:46:31 PM

(Yeah, I know.  Visible gear makes it a headache the more races you have.)

I'd recommend you check out WoW Model Viewer, if it weren't impossible to download at the moment.  Most of the races are fairly complete as far as gear goes, including Naga.  The way Blizzard has handled different races and models is absolutely brilliant.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #66 on: June 11, 2009, 12:23:47 AM

Also:

BLARG.  My warlock's almost to 67 now.  I guess I can wait until I hit 77 and by then this patch will be in so I can save some gold at least.  I don't see  anything about lowering Northrend flying.  If they were doing that, I'd just park this character at whatever level it was lowered to (70 would be nice).

Fake edit:

Cold Weather Flying remains unchanged.

Heartbreak

-Rasix
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #67 on: June 11, 2009, 01:29:00 AM

Yeah, not lowering cold weather flying at all still makes my ass hurt. I never realised just how much I fucking hate just using land mounts until I tried to level a fourth character to 80 (the third one was practically by accident, being a protection paladin). I had 5 level 70's before I stopped bothering in Burning Crusade. I CANNOT get a fourth character to 77, let alone 80. I just can't.

I mean, part of it is due to dual speccing and the fact that our little 10 man raids have a real progression now. I don't NEED that many characters at 80 and I wouldn't have time to gear 'em all, unlike TBC where all we really had to do was Kara over and over (so it was a good thing I liked Kara). But not playing the alt game kills WoW quite a bit for me, it seems. I really only log in to raid these days.

Xeyi
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: June 11, 2009, 03:51:51 AM

Ooh and ogres!

If only for the dancing  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 04:02:26 AM by Xeyi »
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: June 11, 2009, 04:17:22 AM

I am pretty sure they will not remove / lower the level requirement for Cold Weather flying until at least the next full expantion, when Northrend is not the new "focus" continent.

They specificly stated that flying in northrend was restricted because they WANT to force you to experience the content on the ground untill you have basicly reached a level where you NEED a flying mount to quest in the level appropriate zones effectively.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: My Top Warcraft Wants  
Jump to: