Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:59:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1092205 times)
Tmon
Terracotta Army

on: May 31, 2009, 11:58:33 AM

http://worldoftanks.ru/gallery/video/1  can't find an English page but according to the guy who posted it on another board it's due to be released in 2010.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 09:31:38 AM by Trippy »
Zzulo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 12:11:46 PM

I wish they'd make a mechwarrior MMO
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 12:13:24 PM

That video confused me up until the tank rolled in. Then I was all awesome, for real
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 01:59:07 PM

You mean besides the fact that they already did?
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 04:12:04 PM

One which makes it to release.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 08:02:10 PM

This.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 08:13:54 PM

The pictures look sexy.  I'll keep an eye on this one.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 03:08:10 PM

Heh, love the trailer!  Yes, I will keep an eye out for this as well.  Looks like just German vs. Russian and you can fight other tanks of your nationality.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 03:10:53 PM

This will only be good if you can crew the tank as a group.  If that's possible, I'm in.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 04:32:29 AM

Necro!

New teaser is up, and it heavily winks at the EVE crowd.

By the way, I am following the development quite a bit and the new interview (part 1 - part 2) says a few interesting things: it'll be f2p with microtransactions, it will have about 40 differrent tanks from different countries each with a bunch of historically accurate modification and customization options, environment will be mostrly destructable and it will have persistent clanwars.

ZAM: Clan Wars sounds amazing. Can one clan actually take over the world? Why can a clan attack only once per day? How do you defend your clan provinces if you're not online?

Zhivets: The World of Tanks Global map will represent the entire world divided into hundreds and thousands of provinces, so we believe that it is simply impossible for one clan to establish control over all of those territories. We are looking forward to having hundreds of clans fighting for domination on the global map, that's why the situation with one superior clan seems hardly possible.
Each clan has its so-called chips, and their number is equal to the number of high-level players accepted into the clan. By shifting those chips over neighboring territories, the clan puts claims for them.
One clan can claim for a number of territories during a day, but only once per day for one specific territory. Just imagine what would happen if multiple clans attacked endlessly one and the same territory one after another! We've limited the number of attacks at one specific territory to one, as it would be immensely troublesome for a defending side to repel endless assaults from many clans.
All the battles take place according to the prime time of the territory under attack. Thus, if a battle is arranged for the time between 7-11p.m, the defending clan is free to choose the most suitable time for them in this time span to be online and to repel.

Some cool videos:

Actual gameplay video from closed beta Final Tourney

Tweaking tanks the Russian way.

Official gameplay trailer

Teaser #1   awesome, for real

Teaser #2
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 04:40:28 AM by Falconeer »

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 05:35:59 AM

I've been following this one for a bit and it's looking way better than I anticipated. Getting a hard on for it. And those teasers poking fun at other games? THAT is how you tweak another MMO company, not a fucking retarded interview saying steak and hamburgers durrrrr or hiring a bald midget to burn out his vocal chords screaming about something something everywhere. Those videos are hilarious.

When is this shit coming out, dammit
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 06:58:28 AM

Which would be better, a tank mmo or a mech mmo?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 06:59:26 AM

Which would be better, a tank mmo or a mech mmo?

Both + Grunt play as well.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 07:00:20 AM

Мир Танков! Отлично! Я буду играть эту игру.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 07:02:09 AM

"The World of Tanks Global map will represent the entire world divided into hundreds and thousands of provinces, so we believe that it is simply impossible for one clan to establish control over all of those territories"

50 bucks that statement comes back to bite them in the ass.  Never underestimate the gaming public lol
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 07:24:09 AM

free2play? I'm in.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 07:29:34 AM

"The World of Tanks Global map will represent the entire world divided into hundreds and thousands of provinces, so we believe that it is simply impossible for one clan to establish control over all of those territories"

50 bucks that statement comes back to bite them in the ass.  Never underestimate the gaming public lol

I was actually thinking something similar, some massive guild will probably devote themselves to it just to fuck with them now.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 07:41:25 AM

Unofficial massive alliances weeeeeeeeeee
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 08:43:54 AM

It bugs me that all the tanks in the game play footage all seem to have stabilizers equal to modern day tanks.  I'm pretty sure that WW2 tank battles weren't characterized by massive groups of tanks circle strafing to victory.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 08:52:49 AM

It bugs me that all the tanks in the game play footage all seem to have stabilizers equal to modern day tanks.  I'm pretty sure that WW2 tank battles weren't characterized by massive groups of tanks circle strafing to victory.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 10:45:38 AM

Heh cool teasers.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #21 on: June 28, 2010, 11:37:12 AM

The actual gameplay is totally different than what's implied by the trailers, though.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #22 on: June 28, 2010, 11:56:20 AM

Yeah. Mobile artillery I like, I gotta question the accuracy of a moving tank firing its main cannon. Of course, that said, I loved the Vanny in Planetside. Fagriders never stood a chance.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: June 28, 2010, 12:19:26 PM

Accuracy while moving should be shit.  I'd bet it doesn't play that way. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 28, 2010, 12:20:21 PM

It should be shit unless they're going for an arcade feel which seems to be exactly what they're doing. I don't see an issue with that.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 28, 2010, 12:24:37 PM

It should be shit unless they're going for an arcade feel which seems to be exactly what they're doing. I don't see an issue with that.

Arcade type tank battles are nothing more than your standard FPS with a new player skin on it.  How is that possibly interesting?  I guess you get a few new maps, different sound effects, and new buttons to mash?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: June 28, 2010, 12:37:46 PM

You're missing the point. You're bitching that something doesn't look like a hyper realistic tank simulator when it's not trying to be that. If it's not interesting to you that's fine. EQ wasn't interesting to me but I didn't post in every EQ thread asking why it wasn't like Tribes.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 28, 2010, 12:39:11 PM

Arcade type tank battles are nothing more than your standard FPS with a new player skin on it.  How is that possibly interesting?  I guess you get a few new maps, different sound effects, and new buttons to mash?

I suggest you join me in World War 2 Online if you are looking for a realistic tank simulation.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: June 28, 2010, 12:48:24 PM

You're missing the point.

I don't think I'm missing the point.  Apparently disagreeing with you means that I'm doing it wrong?  I didn't bitch about the game, say it sucks, or whine about how it wasn't Robot Jesus.  I just wondered what was so exciting about a reskinned FPS.  

I suggest you join me in World War 2 Online if you are looking for a realistic tank simulation.

Point taken.  

For the record, my point wasn't about what I'm looking for.  I'm just trying to understand what's exciting about taking a standard FPS, reskinning it, and slowing the action down a tad.  If this game offers something novel from a tactical standpoint, that might make it interesting.  What is this game bringing to the table that isn't already available?  

-  Mark Twain
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: June 28, 2010, 12:58:38 PM

It's not out yet or I'd give a yea or nay. As it is, it may be a reskinned shooter with tanks. Maybe some firing arc issues and turret movement independent of forward movement. Given how many shooters people buy in a given year I'm okay with that as it's bound to be greater than the difference between Unreal Tournament and Quake.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: June 28, 2010, 01:40:28 PM

If I was looking for a hyper realistic simulator I'd get this http://www.steelbeasts.com/  I'd just like a game that had a different feel than standard MMO PVP, maybe it will play totally different than the tournament video but my experience with MMOs doesn't lead me to think so.   
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: June 28, 2010, 03:23:01 PM

I don't think I'm missing the point.  Apparently disagreeing with you means that I'm doing it wrong?  I didn't bitch about the game, say it sucks, or whine about how it wasn't Robot Jesus.  I just wondered what was so exciting about a reskinned FPS.  
[...]

Because it's TANKS dammit!

Here is a tautology that I think will explain why you are having trouble understanding this:

• Nebu  Heart  the Scientific Method
  • Scientific Method  h8 Fun
ergo
  • Nebu  h8 Fun

"tautology", the heart symbol, "h8" and Scientific Method... that's like a triple word score right there, I rule!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #32 on: June 28, 2010, 03:24:25 PM

What is this game bringing to the table that isn't already available?  

Hello, its WORLD of TANKS.

Fake edit: See, Typhon gets it.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: June 28, 2010, 03:51:02 PM

Point taken.  

For the record, my point wasn't about what I'm looking for.  I'm just trying to understand what's exciting about taking a standard FPS, reskinning it, and slowing the action down a tad.  If this game offers something novel from a tactical standpoint, that might make it interesting.  What is this game bringing to the table that isn't already available?  

the gameplay looks a bit shallow considering the "scale".
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: June 29, 2010, 09:27:55 AM

Because it's TANKS dammit!

Here is a tautology that I think will explain why you are having trouble understanding this:

• Nebu  Heart  the Scientific Method
  • Scientific Method  h8 Fun
ergo
  • Nebu  h8 Fun

"tautology", the heart symbol, "h8" and Scientific Method... that's like a triple word score right there, I rule!

That's awesome.  I laughed for a while about that one.

If it's fun, I'll play it.  I just have a bad feeling about it being the same kind of lame tactics that drive me away from most FPS games.  Ok, that and my lack of FPS twitch skill drives me away. 

-  Mark Twain
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: