Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:07:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1092245 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5740 on: April 05, 2016, 12:47:51 PM

I play Wot primarily because there just isn't a better pvp game available that fills my strategy > twitch requirement.  I'm pretty much just playing WoT and HOTS in the few hours that I game.  I'm always surprised to see Abagadro still playing.  He's seen and done it all in game.

If you get the itch, look me up for a platoon.  I'm Nebu_f13.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #5741 on: April 05, 2016, 08:25:54 PM

I play mostly out of habit and inertia at this point.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #5742 on: April 06, 2016, 03:35:44 AM

I don't play anymore, I no longer even have an account. I did just buy a brand spanking new GFX card so I may start new account on the EU server, see how it runs with normal ping and an ability to handle the physics.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5743 on: April 06, 2016, 06:53:28 AM

No longer have an account? What'd you do, sell it?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #5744 on: April 06, 2016, 07:01:36 AM

I don't play anymore, I no longer even have an account. I did just buy a brand spanking new GFX card so I may start new account on the EU server, see how it runs with normal ping and an ability to handle the physics.

The new physics are pretty much the same as the old. You'll only see a difference if you're driving a fast light or like sliding down hills.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #5745 on: April 06, 2016, 07:37:39 AM

Ive not reinstalled WOT since my new SSD C drive and Windows 10 update a while back.

I have 5k+ gold sat on my account, but never the will to play it for more than a few games. (Same with Armored Warfare, i need to stop buying f2p tank stuff).  This thread isnt drawing me back.

Premium time is shared between all WG games, so you could try and see if World of Warships scratches an itch for you?

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #5746 on: April 06, 2016, 08:07:38 AM

..The new physics are pretty much the same as the old. You'll only see a difference if you're driving a fast light or like sliding down hills.

Thing was my previous gfx card couldn't even handle the old physics. This mixed with being an EU player on the US server didn't help, min ping on east coast server would be 150ms.

Yes.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5747 on: April 06, 2016, 08:54:46 AM

Yes.

The benefit of being a unicum!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #5748 on: April 06, 2016, 09:58:03 AM

Ya, I tried to play this again. I lasted 3 battles. The chat was just horrid, and this is coming from World of Warships. Makes that crowd of aimless dawdling drunks seem positively genteel. I had forgotten.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5749 on: April 06, 2016, 06:10:02 PM

I'd probably sell my account if I could figure out a way to actually do it.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5750 on: April 08, 2016, 08:03:37 AM

For those of you awake at this ungodly hour Day 1 (group games) of the World of Tanks Grand Finals 2016 in Poland are being streamed right now.

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/World%20of%20Tanks
WayAbvPar

Reply #5751 on: April 08, 2016, 09:33:46 AM

I wonder what I could get for my account. My stats are mediocre, but I have quite a few premium tanks and several tier 10s.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5752 on: April 08, 2016, 10:10:34 AM

Check out the accounts being sold on eBay for comparison. Also mediocre stats is not necessarily a bad thing as not everybody wants to deal with being on a unicum account.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #5753 on: April 08, 2016, 11:51:02 AM

If you happen to have a Type-59 you will get a lot more than usual. Feel free to PM me if you want to know the details.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5754 on: April 08, 2016, 01:36:06 PM

Hmm.. just post them then. I believe several of us have Types and no desire to play anymore.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #5755 on: April 09, 2016, 09:39:38 AM

I would say you could get at least $400 for an account with a type-59 but could be up to $600 if you have tons of gold, free xp, tanks, other factors.

WayAbvPar

Reply #5756 on: April 10, 2016, 08:52:09 PM

I have a few premium boats too- wonder how much that adds? Probably not much.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5757 on: April 10, 2016, 09:52:09 PM

If you sell your account, let me know.  I might start sending you platoon invites.  why so serious?

-  Mark Twain
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5758 on: April 10, 2016, 09:56:59 PM

Depends if they are still available in the store.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #5759 on: April 11, 2016, 03:09:50 AM

Really hard to deduce the prices based on all criteria, all I know is the Type-59 will add $100 and help it sell quicker, other premiums definitely add on some of their cost value. Being a Unicum will add some value but I think a Super Unicum account adds a risk factor cause WG might be able to spot a massive reduction in the stats and call shenanigans. The other thing to watch out for is your security levels, I think it was mentioned you can't change your email after adding a phone or something similar to that, which makes it impossible to sell.

I also got absolutely nailed by the paypal/ebay charges think I came out with about 66% of the sale in the end.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5760 on: April 11, 2016, 10:22:26 PM

When I clicked on change email it said I could change it 30 days after I added a phone number, which would seem to make the whole process difficult. Either you have to keep the email on the account or they know your number. Need a burner on one end or the other I guess.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #5761 on: April 12, 2016, 08:43:55 AM

Yeah I would create a new email address to pass along with the account.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5762 on: April 12, 2016, 10:14:20 AM

Let's see.. 66% of my middle-of-the-pack account with a Type 59, leFH and FCM 36. I guess around 250-300 for the account? Minus the time hassle of fucking around with changing my e-mail and everything. I guess I'll wind-up netting $100 after fees for several hours work.

Nope, not worth the effort. Thanks for the info. Account sales are for teens and 20-somethings whose time is less valuable, I guess.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5763 on: April 12, 2016, 11:48:31 AM

How many T10s (and which ones)?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5764 on: April 12, 2016, 01:45:07 PM

Just one American heavy. I only played Tier IX for the 2x daily bonuses and refused to grind beyond that. Over two years of playing I only managed to get that one Tier X, though I think I was close on getting the Tier X medium Patton.

I both hate losing money (so played Tier V-VII 90% of the time) and am terrible enough that it was always a grind to get credits or XP.  I also never paid for premium time so I think my average xp was like 300-400 a game. (370 according to WOT site)

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/merusk/1001292585/
http://worldoftanks.com/en/community/accounts/1001292585-Merusk/

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #5765 on: April 12, 2016, 05:50:58 PM

Yeh you probably won't get enough to justify the sale. I just didn't have time or inclination, and being unable to move servers just thought I'd cash out. Glad I did it, even though I only walked away with $250

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5766 on: April 12, 2016, 09:46:13 PM

I could probably clear some dough having all t10s and nearly all premiums including the mutant (no 59 though), but doesn't seem worth the hassle.  Their 5th anniversary special is a joke. WG is strangling this game big time.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #5767 on: April 13, 2016, 07:26:04 AM

I checked, and I did add a phone number to my account a few years ago, so I am in the clear there. Now to take inventory and write up an enticing sales pitch...

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5768 on: April 14, 2016, 05:32:49 PM

What a completely underwhelming, dog shit 5th anniversary "special". Ohhhhh, I see.
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #5769 on: April 14, 2016, 06:54:49 PM

Well Quickbaby had Jingles on live stream and that was fun. Quickeybaby potato-ed as he had never seen that many viewers or subs so jingles carried a few games. And that was fun.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5770 on: April 15, 2016, 06:57:50 PM

Another 5x xp weekend is upon us, and even Wargaming knows whats coming.

"And for all of you who say the window lickers are coming out, you're right they probably are." awesome, for real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc0UJmhpQcs
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #5771 on: April 16, 2016, 09:12:50 PM

Another 5x xp weekend is upon us, and even Wargaming knows whats coming.

"And for all of you who say the window lickers are coming out, you're right they probably are." awesome, for real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc0UJmhpQcs

That might be the best WOT thing I've ever seen.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5772 on: April 16, 2016, 09:57:24 PM

heh I saw an ad for WOT on facebook the other day and it say "NOW'S THE TIME TO COME BACK!!!"

Hic sunt dracones.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5773 on: May 19, 2016, 08:20:42 PM

Monster games in a losing effort makes me a Sad_Panda.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5774 on: May 23, 2016, 08:59:57 PM

The really pertinent bit is at the end - I thought I deserved that TD kill, but nooo. Glass cannon TDs that are more AA gun than tank certainly should be able to survive direct hits.  Ohhhhh, I see.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2711203#murovanka-strazos-crusader_5_5-in_sp

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: