Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:55:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1098607 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5460 on: July 06, 2015, 05:49:48 AM

Once they let you buy gold rounds for credits I didn't see the point in using anything else on my premium tanks. Fuck the complainers, a T-34 or KV5 with gold rounds is giggles.

You guys are talking enough about this again recently that I almost want to play again.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5461 on: July 06, 2015, 07:34:02 AM

Is it just my games or does everybody fire premium rounds starting from tier IV?
If you're driving a KV-1, you'll see a lot of sprem spammed at you when you're top tier. 
I haven't gotten to Tier V yet.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #5462 on: July 06, 2015, 07:53:28 AM

Is it just my games or does everybody fire premium rounds starting from tier IV?

If you're driving a KV-1, you'll see a lot of sprem spammed at you when you're top tier. 

My brain read that as "sperm" at first.

Anothing thing about gold to keep in mind is that there's quite a few tanks with all guns being crap against the tanks they're matched against. middle parts of most of the trees seemed to be the worst about that. And good luck penning anything with a D-25T at higher tiers without gold. 

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5463 on: July 06, 2015, 08:02:24 AM

Yeah I realize I can't pen a lot of stuff especially since almost all of my Tier IVs have their stock guns still. I've taken to firing HE more since at least there's a decent chance I'll track or crit.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #5464 on: July 06, 2015, 04:05:09 PM

I think I am the worst WoT player on the planet. People rage at me constantly. I don't give a shit though, mostly because caring takes effort and I just want to drive my tanks and shoot stuff.

I like the reaction I get from people when they are popping a blood vessel at me and I tell them I don't care what the score is as long as I get to drive my tank around.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5465 on: July 06, 2015, 04:22:36 PM

pew pew pew!

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #5466 on: July 06, 2015, 04:28:38 PM

Heh. My favorite is when people are all like, "go back to a lower tier or uninstall and die noob."

In all seriousness though, which mods should I be using?

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
WayAbvPar

Reply #5467 on: July 06, 2015, 07:22:57 PM

Heh. My favorite is when people are all like, "go back to a lower tier or uninstall and die noob."

Start with XVM, a crosshair mod (I like J1mbo's) and Battle Assistant, then experiment from there. Go tohttp://odemmortis.com/odem-mortis-modpack/ and download the installer, then pick a few mods that sound interesting.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5468 on: July 06, 2015, 08:25:49 PM

WN8 rating = srs bsns

I run King's All-The-Basics Modpack. As its name implies it comes with all the basics including the mods WAP listed above. You don't get to pick and choose which individual mods to install -- it comes all together in one big blob -- but that's what I was looking for when I first started playing since I didn't really want to wade through all the choices that are available in some of the "super mod packs" like OMC, Aslain or Locastan.

I've gotten to the point that I'm thinking about replacing some of the mods or even writing my own but King's is a very good starting place if you aren't sure what to get.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #5469 on: July 06, 2015, 08:45:26 PM

Battle Assistant. Pretty much anything else that's legal is of pretty questionable utility and seems to be mostly elitist wankery. Like my neighbor's machined and balanced titanium stereo knobs that he had made machined. He claims that he can tell the difference now that the weight of the knob is distributed evenly along the shaft of the rheostat shafts. I claim that not even a dog or a vampire bat can tell the difference and he's a tool for having spent the money. XVM is good for stats and bitching about your team's chances I suppose, but it's not like you can kick people off your random pub team for being bad.

Battle Assistant makes artillery extremely easy, I'm not sure what else it can do though. There are other mods that clear out all the bushes and foliage from trees, as well as making big colored markers over top of areas on tanks you want to shoot but those are all illegal as far as I know.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 08:48:05 PM by angry.bob »

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Brennik
Terracotta Army

Reply #5470 on: July 07, 2015, 02:33:52 AM

Any of the minimap mods that show you the draw range box and your spotting range help a ton. XVM's should work, I like the pretty colors on Locastan's mod more.
WayAbvPar

Reply #5471 on: July 07, 2015, 12:41:16 PM

After approximately 28974529472197 battles with sheriffs on my side, I finally saw one on the opposite team. And killed him! Next battle, there were two. And I killed one of them. +500g in 2 battles? TYVM.

I also blew past a couple of personal missions that had me log-jammed; FINALLY killed 5 modules/crew members while driving a heavy, and got a cap win in my light (told my team why I was capping, and 1 guy even helped me. And my toonmate circled the last enemy in his arty to block my team from killing him. He died, and they killed him, but I got the mission anyway. Or I would have lost my fucking mind). If I could just set two goddamned fires while driving a medium I would be well on my way to the T55. I set 2 fires a few days ago. In a light  Heartbreak

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #5472 on: July 07, 2015, 02:17:47 PM

So I installed some of the recommended mods, that Kings pack thingy. I played a bunch of games, and behold the people that bitch at me the most are lower rated than I am. Fucking noobs. DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5473 on: July 07, 2015, 02:29:37 PM

gg
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5474 on: July 07, 2015, 02:58:32 PM

So I installed some of the recommended mods, that Kings pack thingy. I played a bunch of games, and behold the people that bitch at me the most are lower rated than I am. Fucking noobs. DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Welcome to the world of online gaming.  Happy to have you aboard.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #5475 on: July 07, 2015, 03:27:49 PM

Welcome to the world of online gaming.  Happy to have you aboard.
Heh, don't misunderstand, I am pretty low rated. It's just that the loudest people are even worse than I am.

Edit: Now that I can see ratings, I very rarely see the highest rated people talking any crap at all, they just seem to jump in get their kills and get out.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5476 on: July 08, 2015, 06:45:59 AM

High-rated people learned to turn off chat ages ago. I never could since I didn't platoon and wanted to know wtf was up. Made me rage.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5477 on: July 17, 2015, 01:03:27 AM

So... logged on tonight to try and get back into playing and had no luck.  No mods on the vanilla game and I get booted after logon every time.  Type in account and password and the game boots me while trying to get into my garage. 

I'll try a clean install tomorrow. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #5478 on: July 17, 2015, 07:26:01 AM

It's trying to tell you that you should be playing with boats anyways, tanks are for girls!

- Viin
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5479 on: July 17, 2015, 08:35:46 AM

It's trying to tell you that you should be playing with boats anyways, tanks are for girls!

I didn't really get into warships.  I played cruisers and battleships to tier 6 and didn't like how dependent the game was on the RNG. 

Solid game.  Just not my thing.

-  Mark Twain
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5480 on: July 17, 2015, 02:09:45 PM

I'm sure somebody somewhere in Japan is writing the story of Girls und Kriegsmarine for a future manga/anime.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5481 on: July 17, 2015, 02:16:27 PM

So... logged on tonight to try and get back into playing and had no luck.  No mods on the vanilla game and I get booted after logon every time.  Type in account and password and the game boots me while trying to get into my garage.  

I'll try a clean install tomorrow.  
You might want to try the %appdata% and integrity check fixes described here before doing a full reinstall:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/452969-99-ctd-all-fixes-so-far-dont-work-for-me/page__pid__9205010#entry9205010

They don't work for everybody but it may work for you.

Mine is working fine except for the ~1 in 4 crash on map start issue which is likely caused by XVM. I can still get back into the match, though, so it's not a big deal.

Edit: there's also the missing awesomium folder fix:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/453307-99-patch-issues-and-resolutions/page__pid__9210833#entry9210833
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 02:24:02 PM by Trippy »
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #5482 on: July 17, 2015, 10:00:31 PM

I'm sure somebody somewhere in Japan is writing the story of Girls und Kriegsmarine for a future manga/anime.

Like this one? https://youtu.be/S99IrlLT_Fk
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5483 on: July 18, 2015, 12:16:19 AM

No I meant more like this, except with WWII-era warships:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml60e6ImpKU
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5484 on: July 18, 2015, 03:58:51 PM

Tier IV is a horrible horrible tier.
Still sucks. I wonder how many people rage quit upon reaching this point.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5485 on: July 18, 2015, 05:36:41 PM

T4 has the Matilta and the Hetzer, and I quite like the Panzer 3. Aside from that, yep, its wall to wall crap.

Tier 4 is where the grind really kicks in as well, meaning you need to be a premium buyer to progress past it in any appreciable time frame.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 05:38:23 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5486 on: July 18, 2015, 06:26:24 PM

Yeah exactly. The sucky tanks wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take 20+ wins in them even with Premium to get to Tier V.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #5487 on: July 19, 2015, 07:09:58 PM

Been trying to do LT-15 forever (spot or do 7k dmg in a light). Ended up with the perfect set-up on Prok with Way helping me in a arty.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #5488 on: July 19, 2015, 09:28:47 PM

Yeah if you didn't get it on that game, you could safely say the gods were conspiring against you  awesome, for real

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5489 on: July 19, 2015, 10:12:25 PM

After finally getting that T55

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5490 on: July 24, 2015, 11:13:31 PM

Man, no one acknowledged my geode.

Anyways, the A45 is a badass little tank. Anyone badmouthing it doesn't know how to play it. Its DPM is nuts.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #5491 on: July 24, 2015, 11:21:56 PM

Really? Everyone tells me it is underpowered and soft as hell.

e- running Team battles with goons for the credit consumables. Wow there are some awful teams. We lost our first 2 games until we got our shit together and won about 10 straight.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 11:30:37 PM by WayAbvPar »

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5492 on: July 25, 2015, 12:10:03 AM

Most people don't know how to go hull-down or exploit differences in reload times which is where this tank excels.  If you are a herp-derp shot trader you will get destroyed.  I'm 74 games in and have a 1.98 k/d ratio and 1.4 kills/match.  It's actually fairly dominant in t7 matches.  Should really have pref mm but other than that I dig it.  Plays like a slightly squishier Centurion I with a higher dpm.

EDIT:

« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 01:22:17 AM by Abagadro »

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #5493 on: July 27, 2015, 07:21:51 PM

It is unplayable against tier 9s, and very spotty against 8s.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5494 on: July 28, 2015, 11:47:10 PM

So much fun at T7 though. First ever Bruno's Medal (kill 3-4 tanks after losing 80 percent health and 5 modules or crew).

Map: Westfield
 FV201 (A45)
 2,890    100,117 
 Battle achievements High Caliber, Confederate, Steel Wall, Defender, Bruno's Medal, Spartan, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

-H.L. Mencken
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: