Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:33:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1099523 times)
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1435 on: September 22, 2011, 06:10:23 AM

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1436 on: September 22, 2011, 06:13:28 AM

I tried playing last night for the first time and died about 20s into a match and the client locked up and wouldn't restart.  I couldn't reboot because I was copying pictures over to my net drive so I gave up for the evening.   So far I'm not having fun.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #1437 on: September 22, 2011, 07:24:11 AM

Mortriden
Terracotta Army

Reply #1438 on: September 22, 2011, 07:42:16 AM

I tried playing last night for the first time and died about 20s into a match and the client locked up and wouldn't restart.  I couldn't reboot because I was copying pictures over to my net drive so I gave up for the evening.   So far I'm not having fun.

So, not to try an influence you or anything... but, I did not have fun on the first couple of matches.  But, once I upgraded the first tank to a better gun... then, then I was hooked. 

It's like calling shenanigans.  But you say "jihad" instead. - Llava
They are out there, but they are bi-products of funny families. If you know funny old people, see if they have daughters. -Paelos
Yes my seed is that strong. I literally clap my hands and women are with child. -Paelos
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #1439 on: September 22, 2011, 12:11:03 PM

Spend $5 on gold and buy upgraded stuff. Then it will be a lot more fun. Or you can grind for a bit, but the first $5 is worth it.

- Viin
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1440 on: September 23, 2011, 04:52:24 AM

Spend $5 on gold and buy upgraded stuff. Then it will be a lot more fun. Or you can grind for a bit, but the first $5 is worth it.

Ok, I did this and agree. If only I could convert gold to RP I'd be happier still.   

I suppose I should be in German tanks instead of American ones, though. They were the best of the era I'm seeing in the game, IIRC, but I'm having fun in my Medium tank now.  When I live, that is.  I still haven't gotten over my initial urge to base rush and wind-up getting 2-3 shot by crossfire.

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1441 on: September 23, 2011, 07:44:19 AM

Hoping to get back into this soon - easily the game that has hooked me the most in the past few years.  I played it so much during beta and release that I had to enforce a break to catch up on single player steam list that has been building up.  I was really hoping for implementation of new game modes (especially historical battles) to be in place by now.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 12:05:24 PM by Bandit »
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #1442 on: September 23, 2011, 10:28:36 AM

I'll play this game... here's mine
For shit and giggles, stats without premium

the disparity of the "Global Rating" is quite hillarious. Also, going by what places are granted in the individual categories it'd also seem there's way more people playing on the EU server.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1443 on: September 23, 2011, 12:30:47 PM

I was feeling really bad about my ability.. then I looked at the top ranked players and realized "shit, you're just going to die and spend a lot of time that way"  The #1us guy has only survived 47% of his victories.   I don't feel half as bad now.

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #1444 on: September 23, 2011, 12:48:31 PM

I was feeling really bad about my ability.. then I looked at the top ranked players and realized "shit, you're just going to die and spend a lot of time that way"  The #1us guy has only survived 47% of his victories.   I don't feel half as bad now.

KDR doesn't mean much when matches sizes are higher than 6 to a side.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1445 on: September 23, 2011, 12:58:40 PM

So many of the stats are all about amount of battles fought.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1446 on: September 23, 2011, 01:03:57 PM

Ya, the its hard to gauge on stats alone. Sometimes you make a crucial strategic move on a map that nearly mandates your death (scouting for arty for instance). That said, Dark MadMax's stats are impressive. Being in the top 1000 is pretty awesome in a 15K plus playerbase.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1447 on: September 23, 2011, 01:31:23 PM

They are also running another double credit weekend on sherman tanks again... I might be able to afford a T30!

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #1448 on: September 23, 2011, 04:54:35 PM

So many of the stats are all about amount of battles fought.

It's true, though they have weighted it so the ones that aren't, Avg XP & Win ratio, count for more.

http://uc.worldoftanks.com/uc/accounts/1000015230-BlindSide/

As you can see with less games & almost identical stats I'm higher than DarkMadMax. The better average XP puts me higher, got that by seemingly playing higher tier tanks for most of my 4k games. That said I did grind up from scratch & didn't get any premium tanks.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #1449 on: September 23, 2011, 11:01:05 PM

Eh, here's mine:
http://uc.worldoftanks.com/uc/accounts/1000905245-KittyGalore/

I'm not sure how, but the stats are probably misleading since I'm leveling all the lines for all the countries with two tanks in each line and leapfrogging crews from the lower tier vehicle in the line when I upgrade. Most battles I just rush out and score a kill before I get blown up to get a decent ammount of money and doubled XP. Though I'm just atarting to get to the tiers where I have a moderate chance of surviving if I pay attention. Also, the PzKpfw 38H is suparfun and well worth whatever it cost. $6 I think. It's always the top tier tank in a match and the only thing that can kill it is half the other team, a guy using gold ammo, or another 38H.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #1450 on: September 24, 2011, 06:06:35 AM

It's always the top tier tank in a match and the only thing that can kill it is half the other team, a guy using gold ammo, or another 38H.
Or a guy smart enough to equip explosive ammo and aim for the turret -- much easier to kill the both crewman knocking you out of the fight, than the tank itself Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #1451 on: September 24, 2011, 03:28:52 PM

It's always the top tier tank in a match and the only thing that can kill it is half the other team, a guy using gold ammo, or another 38H.
Or a guy smart enough to equip explosive ammo and aim for the turret -- much easier to kill the both crewman knocking you out of the fight, than the tank itself Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Position yourself in front of the derp gun.
Good.
Now aim.
Good.
Now get skeeted out of existence.
Congrats you shitted gold.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #1452 on: September 24, 2011, 11:20:12 PM

Position yourself in front of the derp gun.
Leaving aside how dumb it would be to shoot positioned like that, doesn't 38H have a fixed gun that deals something like 40 hp a shot on a good day? Not exactly a derp gun...
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #1453 on: September 25, 2011, 07:47:49 AM

I dunno, maybe it was just my lower level crew, but someone could be 20' in front of my KV and I'd miss with the damned derp gun.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1454 on: September 25, 2011, 01:21:40 PM

Unbelievably this game is MORE infuriating than PUG PvP in Warcraft.

Jesus people, stick together and don't run headlong into the base all alone. By T3 you should know there's at least 3 guys waiting there to pick your solo ass off.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1455 on: September 25, 2011, 02:29:48 PM

For some reason I have 7 days of premium, so I am back. :)

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #1456 on: September 25, 2011, 03:06:46 PM

I'm a very casual player and when the game is loading, I always look at who's in a squad from the same corp/guild/whatever and I usually stick with them.  I just assume every game will have five lemmings who obliterate themselves. I can't imagine how terrible their stats are given how dismal mine are.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1457 on: September 25, 2011, 03:44:20 PM

Their stats probably look something like this:

http://uc.worldoftanks.com/uc/accounts/1001292585-Merusk/

I'm horrible but I have fun... until my team shoots me in the back.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #1458 on: September 25, 2011, 04:15:26 PM

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #1459 on: September 25, 2011, 05:19:54 PM

Okay, the fucking Type 59 haas pretty much destroyed the game, at least for me. Ech day this weekend has had me in matches with more and more 59's and I just fought a team with 7 of the fucking things. I know they're claiming there's nothing overpowered about them, but when I'm bouncing shots off their wheels at 100 yards at a 90 degree angle with a Lowe and the fucking thing just rotates it's turret and goes right through my front armor I have to call bullshit.

To add insult to injury, the fucking thing is past the the "allowed" timeline for the game and was added for no other reason than because Chinese cusomers were demanding Chinese tanks. Here's a fucking idea Chinese asswipes, steal plans for a time machine from some other country that's having you build it, travel back in time to the 40's/early 50's, and then build any tank at all of your own.

As always, fuck the Chinese and licking their dongs by revising history to make them feel better about themselves.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1460 on: September 25, 2011, 07:55:14 PM

Okay, the fucking Type 59 haas pretty much destroyed the game, at least for me. Ech day this weekend has had me in matches with more and more 59's and I just fought a team with 7 of the fucking things. I know they're claiming there's nothing overpowered about them, but when I'm bouncing shots off their wheels at 100 yards at a 90 degree angle with a Lowe and the fucking thing just rotates it's turret and goes right through my front armor I have to call bullshit.

To add insult to injury, the fucking thing is past the the "allowed" timeline for the game and was added for no other reason than because Chinese cusomers were demanding Chinese tanks. Here's a fucking idea Chinese asswipes, steal plans for a time machine from some other country that's having you build it, travel back in time to the 40's/early 50's, and then build any tank at all of your own.

As always, fuck the Chinese and licking their dongs by revising history to make them feel better about themselves.

Even money if they nerf the thing or just start charging double for it (like the Lowe).  Maybe both.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1461 on: September 25, 2011, 08:33:31 PM

Honestly, if you find the Type 59 OP, then the problem lies between the chair and the keyboard, not with the tank.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1462 on: September 27, 2011, 03:07:00 PM

Actually, the Type 95 is sorta like the lowe. If you are running Pershing, T-54 or a Panzer II, then ya, the Type 95 isn't a big deal, and is slightly weaker in many aspects, much the same way that the Lowe can't hold a candle to a fully upgraded T32, IS3 or Tiger II.

On the other hand, a tier 6 or 7 medium is in trouble if he runs into a Type 95 alone, but much the same way one would be screwed as a T20 against a T44, etc.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1463 on: September 27, 2011, 07:23:45 PM

So how the fuck was there a T-50 in my L II battle just now?  Am I missing something or are these all mixed together?

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1464 on: September 28, 2011, 08:06:28 AM

So how the fuck was there a T-50 in my L II battle just now?  Am I missing something or are these all mixed together?

T-50 is a tier 4, and although for the most part tier 4 lights are thrown into tier 8-10 battle for the sake of scouting, every once in a while they will catch a lucky break, get into a battle of their own tier and rip everyone to shreds.

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #1465 on: September 28, 2011, 11:05:03 AM

How wil this game fair once Battlefield 3 comes out?
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1466 on: September 28, 2011, 01:26:05 PM

Different crowd for the most part
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1467 on: September 28, 2011, 01:55:45 PM

T-50 is a tier 4, and although for the most part tier 4 lights are thrown into tier 8-10 battle for the sake of scouting, every once in a while they will catch a lucky break, get into a battle of their own tier and rip everyone to shreds.

See that's the thing it wasn't their own tier, I was in a Tier 2 battle.  The highest tank I've got is only Tier 3 and I don't run it often enough because I suck and wind-up poor.   Guys were eating us alive until the 4 tanks who stayed on base defense all focused them.

Mortriden
Terracotta Army

Reply #1468 on: September 28, 2011, 02:31:09 PM

See that's the thing it wasn't their own tier, I was in a Tier 2 battle.  The highest tank I've got is only Tier 3 and I don't run it often enough because I suck and wind-up poor.   Guys were eating us alive until the 4 tanks who stayed on base defense all focused them.

Don't know what to tell you.  It happens sometimes.  For me, I've played a pile of battles at tier 1 and 2 and only had an "unbalanced" match three or four times (oddly enough, the one time it really pissed me off a M5 Stuart, T4, was shredding us).  Once you hit Tier 6 you end up against some of the higher tiers all the time; but on the flip side, I have a hell of a lot more fun at that tier as I can always "do something" scout, exploit a gap in their def. to hit their arty's or stay back and run interference on the opposing team's breakthrough tanks. 

The matchmaker DOES have some problems, and an overhaul is due in Q1 of next year. 

It's like calling shenanigans.  But you say "jihad" instead. - Llava
They are out there, but they are bi-products of funny families. If you know funny old people, see if they have daughters. -Paelos
Yes my seed is that strong. I literally clap my hands and women are with child. -Paelos
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #1469 on: September 28, 2011, 06:00:26 PM

There's a big element of time. It will do whatever it needs to in order to give you a fast match. I play a lot in early eastern time morning. Before 7am. I fit in 2-3 battles before work and the matching can get absolutely ridiculous.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: