Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:07:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Land of the Lost 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Land of the Lost  (Read 6379 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

on: May 25, 2009, 07:27:52 AM

Just discovered that Sci-Fi is showing original Land of the Lost all day if you want a nice nostalgia blast (assuming you are of a certain vintage).

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 10:26:26 AM

Just discovered that Sci-Fi is showing original Land of the Lost all day if you want a nice nostalgia blast (assuming you are of a certain vintage).

It has shattered my fond memories.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 07:03:09 PM

DO YOU WANT TO BE DINOSAUR STEW?

It's one of those shows where there's some glimmer of possibility buried underneath massive rubbish.  But having seen it all over again some time before now (needed to for a project), it is way more painful than most nostalgic folks think it was.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 11:06:04 PM

IEven at the time I remember thinking it was pretty awful.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 06:48:48 AM

This show survived only due to the introductory sequences. I always loved the raft over the waterfall thing. It would get me excited. Then the show would start.

I have never played WoW.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 09:21:03 AM

This show was some I would skip over as kid. But just watching the marathon yesterday, I thought the Adventure Fantasy of it held up pretty good once you get past the past the painful FX.

"Me am play gods"
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 09:28:53 AM

Is this the show with the lizard dudes that moved really, really slowly?

Over and out.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 09:30:16 AM

Yeah!  Um...Sleestacks?  Or something.  Slimey lizard people, sorta.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
WayAbvPar

Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 10:22:16 AM

Dammit! I would have loved to see it again. The movie actually looks pretty entertaining.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 11:55:37 AM

"Me am play gods"
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 01:24:54 PM

QFT

I am wondering if they tried to blackmail the movie people (pay up or we air this crap!), this has to be hurting the movie's chances and I seriously doubt there is a significant audience watching more than 1 or 2 of these shows as they air.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 02:34:29 PM

My son made me watch 3 hours yesterday. He loved it, but he's also 5.   

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 02:45:50 PM

Already had mine shattered. The wife bought me the first season DVD for my birthday last year.  ACK!

It was much better than anything else on the air at the time though.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 06:35:50 PM

I think re-airing the original show is a super bad idea with the movie coming out next week!

- Viin
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 31, 2009, 12:38:29 PM

IEven at the time I remember thinking it was pretty awful.

Exactly. Either you love it because it was awful, or you have a really hazy memory of your childhood and actually thought this show was... Jesus no. This was fucking stop-action dinosaurs and kids in monkey suits. No excuses!

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Gutboy Barrelhouse
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 08:35:51 PM

This show survived only due to the introductory sequences. I always loved the raft over the waterfall thing. It would get me excited. Then the show would start.

You stole my avatar!
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 08:26:13 AM

I caught a few episodes a few years ago. Horrible horrible show with these tiny glimmers of some really interesting concepts (a lot of the fall of the Sleestak race and the time paradox things) that were way beyond the usual saturday morning stuff.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Grimwell
Developers

[Redacted]

Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 11:07:41 AM

I avoided this show at all costs as a kid. It was horrible.

The only reason the movie might be good is if they mock the show the entire way through it. If they try to do a serious tribute, or anything like that....  ACK!

Grimwell
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 11:43:43 AM

Dude, the movie has Will Ferrell.

Over and out.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Land of the Lost  
Jump to: