Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:06:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: 1 year in game celebration 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1 year in game celebration  (Read 4259 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: May 24, 2009, 02:49:38 AM

awesome, for real  awesome, for real  awesome, for real

22nd May 2009

Anniversary of the King's Crowning
People of Hyboria, King Conan, beloved ruler of Aquilonia, celebrates another year of his reign over the Jewel of the West. To honor this event, you all are invited to take part in the small festivities happening in the Tarantia Noble District outside of King Conan's castle tomorrow, Saturday 23rd May starting 13:00 GMT.

This would be a perfect moment to use the fireworks which were handed out to all the people of Hyboria this week (use /claim to get this item in your inventory if you haven't already).

Oliver 'Tarib' Kunz
Senior Community Manager

23nd May 2009

The announcement of this happening might have lead many players to expect a bit more than it actually was intended to deliver. The main idea was to provide a place where players can gather to celebrate and maybe use their firework items in bigger masses and get great screenshots for the competition described in the last newsletter than it is usually possible.

So the 'festivities' in front of Conan's castle are there to give players a point where they can meet, buy food and drink and celebrate.

We apologize if some expected more and are now disappointed.

Oliver 'Tarib' Kunz
Senior Community Manager

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 07:38:59 AM

Yeah, they really screwed the pooch on this one...
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 07:51:31 AM

Conan does not party, so I party for him.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 08:56:22 AM

Yeah, they really screwed the pooch on this one...

I didn't expect anything special based on their first info release. I was expecting some drink and fireworks in front of the castle. That is all. Well and maybe some ganking.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 09:38:48 AM

I really didn't either, but they should have had something better planned than 'Haiguyz, show up and use your 8 hr cool down fireworks!'
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 06:56:25 PM

"We apologize if some expected more and are now disappointed."

Well, at least they're honest. Hell, every MMOG should be saying this.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: 1 year in game celebration  
Jump to: