Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:29:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: UO expansion this Summer, Sygian Abyss (with MJ at the helm?) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: UO expansion this Summer, Sygian Abyss (with MJ at the helm?)  (Read 13135 times)
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

on: April 29, 2009, 03:26:14 PM

need a Garriott smiley.  Note the MJ appearance here.

EA Officially Announces Ultima Online: Stygian Abyss Coming Summer 2009

FAIRFAX, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mythic Entertainment, an Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) studio, today officially announced Ultima Online™: Stygian Abyss™ the upcoming expansion to legendary MMORPG Ultima Online™. Slated for release this summer, Stygian Abyss will be the eighth expansion to one of the longest-running MMORPGs in the genre’s history. The expansion will introduce a flood of new content for the citizens of Britannia to explore and conquer.

Stygian Abyss revolves around the introduction of the playable Gargoyle race. Since taking center stage in the original Ultima series, Gargoyles have been a fascinating part of the Ultima story – now, Ultima Online players can enjoy Gargoyles firsthand, with a variety of unique skills, including Throwing, Imbuing and Mysticism.

“Ultima Online has a unique place in the history of online games – it was the first truly successful MMORPG and it showed that there was a real market for these types of games,” said Mark Jacobs, vice president and general manager of Mythic Entertainment. “UO is still going strong and we can’t wait to throw open the gates to the Stygian Abyss.”

Players will find expansive new areas to explore, including Ter Mur, the Gargoyle homeland, and the Stygian Abyss dungeon itself – the largest dungeon area ever introduced to Ultima Online. The dungeon will contain new boss monsters of unparalleled difficulty including the Medusa, Primeval Lich and the Stygian Dragon, as well as Player vs. Player zones where adventurers will be turned against each other.

Ultima Online: Stygian Abyss expansion requires the original Ultima Online game to play and will be available in the Summer of 2009 via digital distribution only. To find out more information about the Gargoyle race, skills and lands, please visit the Ultima Online: Stygian Abyss website: http://www.uoherald.com/stygianabyss
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 06:33:37 AM

I might resub after it comes out, depending on what I hear and how amused WoW is keeping me at that point.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 04:03:02 AM

EA looking for beta testers for new Ultima Online expansion

Beta testers will have the chance to step into the claws of the new Gargoyle race and stomp around the new areas before anyone else. This expansion purportedly has 'the largest dungeon area ever introduced to Ultima Online', as well as PvP zones and of course, the new Gargoyle homelands. Those who are interested in joining the beta test have to be current Ultima Online subscribers
Oh..Well!

Sign-up Page: HERE!!

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 03:34:02 AM

Paul Barnett 13 May 2009

Paul is going to do some work on UO.
 Popcorn

Also posted this in the Paul thread in the WAR forum.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 03:38:29 AM by Arthur_Parker »
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 07:32:06 AM

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 07:09:49 AM

Hmmm, introducing a "player versus player" zone in UO. How intriguing. If only we had members of this community with an opinion on how "player versus player" should work in UO.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 11:48:58 AM

Maybe they could have a second zone that's the same area but pve only, too. Not a mirror, though.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 12:11:00 PM

Then when 95% of everyone piles into the PVE area I can spend the next 10 years listening to people try to tell me that it was because they didn't want to carry refresh potions. Har.

But seriously, having played in the fairly recent past, I have to say PVP is absolutely the most broken thing in modern UO. Unless you have literally a hundred million gold for gear and don't mind running third party cheat programs, you don't show up. Even if you don't mind getting kicked around, the insurance gold death penalty and need to replace potions/bandages/reagents are just too annoying for you to ever have one of those nights where you have fun dying ten times.

I'll happily do battlegrounds and world-gank in WoW, but I wouldn't so much as duel someone in UO. I'd love to hear someone associated with the game try to explain why the ruins of PVP are something even worth developing for.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 12:13:53 PM

I'd love to hear someone associated with the game try to explain why the ruins of PVP are something even worth developing for.

Cause, dude, war is everywhere.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 12:22:03 PM

I'll happily do battlegrounds and world-gank in WoW, but I wouldn't so much as duel someone in UO. I'd love to hear someone associated with the game try to explain why the ruins of PVP are something even worth developing for.

I thought UO was perfect right up to the point where the carebears ruined it for everyone. Or am I thinking of a different game?

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Nyght
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 10:57:16 AM

Coming September 8

http://news.ea.com/portal/site/ea/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20090812005343&newsLang=en

Yah, fewer care then digits on an aging woodworker.... Ohhhhh, I see.

"Do you know who is in charge here?" -- "Yep."
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 12:57:39 PM

Yah, fewer care then digits on an aging woodworker

Sadly I think I might be one of them.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: UO expansion this Summer, Sygian Abyss (with MJ at the helm?)  
Jump to: