Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:59:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: TF2: God save the queen! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TF2: God save the queen!  (Read 68029 times)
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #245 on: June 03, 2009, 06:08:43 AM

I have no idea how unlocks work now.

You just have to do 5 achievements/10/15?
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #246 on: June 03, 2009, 08:42:14 AM

I'm done with tf2. Played for 15 hours, unlocked ONE new item. Fuck it.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #247 on: June 03, 2009, 09:59:35 AM

Yup.  It usually takes me a few days to get all the new items for one class update, but this time I unlocked everything from both classes in two nights.  I almost wish there were an option to throttle it back; I unlocked the Dead Ringer over the weekend and haven't tried it once yet because the Cloak and Dagger still feels new and exciting.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: June 03, 2009, 10:34:03 AM

Yup.  It usually takes me a few days to get all the new items for one class update, but this time I unlocked everything from both classes in two nights.  I almost wish there were an option to throttle it back; I unlocked the Dead Ringer over the weekend and haven't tried it once yet because the Cloak and Dagger still feels new and exciting.

So after any 15 new achievements, I will have everything unlocked?
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: June 03, 2009, 11:34:58 AM

Yup, and they go fricking fast. I've unlocked 15 spy achievements without trying in about 4 hours of play. Plus they still give the random drops, so you might get an unlock that way. I haven't played much sniper yet; I'm having way too much fun re-discovering the spy and incinerating other spies.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #250 on: June 03, 2009, 11:36:48 AM

I'm having the hardest time getting any Scout achievements unlocked, whereas both the Spy and Sniper ones unlocked fairly quickly. It's probably just that I suck as a scout.

Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: June 03, 2009, 12:28:08 PM

Thankfully the time thing will get those for you(eventually), and if we get trading I'll be happy to give you my spares.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #252 on: June 03, 2009, 12:54:32 PM

I'm having the hardest time getting any Scout achievements unlocked, whereas both the Spy and Sniper ones unlocked fairly quickly. It's probably just that I suck as a scout.

The Scout pack is paced a little oddly because a bunch of the achievements depend on having the Sandman.  Lots of the achievements are simple "do X Y times" that will rack up quietly in the background as you go about your business, so you'll have a whole bunch of them start going off out of the blue after you've been scouting for a while.  (For extra fun, check the option to show them on your HUD; you'll have a little "DING!" go off every time you double jump.)  And once you get the Sandman a whole bunch more will start racking up.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: June 04, 2009, 08:45:55 AM

Try switching servers.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #254 on: June 04, 2009, 09:17:39 AM

Try switching servers.

Also, stop AFKing in spawn.   awesome, for real

(Honestly, I can't conceive of how you could play for 15 hours as a given class and not have all the items for that class twice over unless you were roleplaying a pacifist or something.)

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: June 04, 2009, 11:41:24 AM

Got a chance to play around w/ the Huntsman yesterday and I can't see what the point is, there seems to be no advantage over an unscoped sniper rifle.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #256 on: June 04, 2009, 11:51:55 AM

I'm not certain, but I think it does a good bit more damage than an unscoped sniper rifle, having played around with the unscoped rifle a bit since they added the crosshair and generally found it disappointing.  Hitting someone with a quick arrow shot seems to be almost equivalent to a partially (maybe even fully) charged scoped rifle shot.

You also can't get headshots with an unscoped rifle; arrows can headshot regardless of how "charged" they are.

By and large I agree it's underpowered, even if it feels more fun.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  My thought is that it'd be better balanced if the accuracy didn't drop when you held a nocked arrow too long.  You'd have a fighting chance against other snipers then, and it'd make the "flaming arrow" technique much more practical.

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #257 on: June 04, 2009, 03:21:48 PM

(Honestly, I can't conceive of how you could play for 15 hours as a given class and not have all the items for that class twice over unless you were roleplaying a pacifist or something.)
I was swapping between scout, spy, sniper. I looked at the achievements because I was curious. So many of them are situational, you specifically have to seek them out. Half the scout ones can only be done with unlockable weapons.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #258 on: June 04, 2009, 03:23:31 PM

Bhodi. Seriously. You're the guy who posted the patch that unlocks all the achievements. It still works.
schild
Administrator

Reply #259 on: June 04, 2009, 03:25:16 PM

haha it does

ok then

does it unlock hats?
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #260 on: June 04, 2009, 03:26:03 PM

Bhodi. Seriously. You're the guy who posted the patch that unlocks all the achievements. It still works.
Yeah, I totally expected it to not work anymore. I mean, it was even featured on the steam tf2 blog.

Whoops, it's no longer on filefront where I put it. Someone attach it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 03:28:41 PM by bhodi »
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: June 04, 2009, 04:03:20 PM

Nope no hat unlocks; they aren't tied to achievements.

Here's where I got the achievement unlocker.
http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=558371
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #262 on: June 04, 2009, 05:41:43 PM

Wow, isn't Face Punch heavily tied to Garry's Mod?
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #263 on: June 06, 2009, 05:01:07 AM

I'm not certain, but I think it does a good bit more damage than an unscoped sniper rifle, having played around with the unscoped rifle a bit since they added the crosshair and generally found it disappointing.  Hitting someone with a quick arrow shot seems to be almost equivalent to a partially (maybe even fully) charged scoped rifle shot.

You also can't get headshots with an unscoped rifle; arrows can headshot regardless of how "charged" they are.

By and large I agree it's underpowered, even if it feels more fun.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  My thought is that it'd be better balanced if the accuracy didn't drop when you held a nocked arrow too long.  You'd have a fighting chance against other snipers then, and it'd make the "flaming arrow" technique much more practical.

It takes two seconds to fully charge a bowshot, which will kill anything not a Heavy with a headshot; versus the sniper's rifle four second charge. You also have the advantage of firing and not being there a couple of seconds later when the arrow actually reaches the target. Furthermore, pre-firing people in the head around corners is hiiilaaaaaaaaaaaaarious.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #264 on: June 09, 2009, 11:17:48 AM

Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #265 on: June 10, 2009, 05:49:43 AM

Is it just play and randomly get an item?  I started playing again, found 2 weapons and nothing else, and now it seems like I'm on a dry spell when others on the server keep finding items.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #266 on: June 10, 2009, 05:52:33 AM

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #267 on: June 10, 2009, 07:42:27 AM

Is it just play and randomly get an item?  I started playing again, found 2 weapons and nothing else, and now it seems like I'm on a dry spell when others on the server keep finding items.

That is how the finding works, its totally random.  However, they've reimplemented milestones for the new weapons as well, so you can get them through achievements too.  The vanity items (hats), are still totally random though.
schild
Administrator

Reply #268 on: June 15, 2009, 06:53:16 PM

Cloak and Dagger is just wrong on CP maps :( offensive spy ftw.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #269 on: June 15, 2009, 07:07:43 PM

I still haven't gotten a single hat.   swamp poop

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #270 on: June 15, 2009, 08:01:17 PM

I still haven't gotten a single hat.   swamp poop

Same.  Heartbreak

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #271 on: June 15, 2009, 08:54:32 PM

I got the soldier hat.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #272 on: June 15, 2009, 08:59:44 PM

Not hats for me either, lots of useless crap though.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #273 on: June 16, 2009, 04:57:11 PM

I officially love the bow for snipers because I just really enjoy following a heavy along, healing him, while he has an arrow stuck in his head.

I need to get out of my medic rut, though, I've played one for 24 hours total now, the next closest is a demo at four.  ACK!

EDIT: Did I say four? I meant 3.5.  Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 04:59:28 PM by Sjofn »

God Save the Horn Players
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #274 on: June 16, 2009, 05:27:24 PM

No hat here either. I'm starting to see people with them, but it makes me hate the new process. I hope they ditch it for the next patch.
schild
Administrator

Reply #275 on: June 23, 2009, 06:47:38 PM

Sniper

Fixed a bad detection case in the "Friendship is Golden" achievement

Changed the description of the "Triple Prey" achievement so it better describes how to get it

Critical arrows now have a trail and correctly deal enhanced damage

The Huntsman now defaults to be right handed

Friendly arrows will no longer trigger the near miss sound on you

Fixed several sources of floating arrows

Spy

Fixed disguised Spies occasionally looking like they have invulnerability, instead of the correct fake Spy mask

Disguised spies will no longer lose their disguise weapon when they interact with a weapon locker

Fixed a bug where the spy's watch would randomly change models during play

Fixed uncloaked spies flickering in and out of the cloak effect when taking damage

The Cloak and Dagger now always regenerates at its intended rate. Previously it only regenerated at the correct rate when the spy was cloaked

Increased the Cloak and Dagger regeneration rate slightly

Capped the rate of energy loss from moving faster than run speed (falling / air toss) while cloaked with the Cloak and Dagger

The Dead Ringer's cloak consume rate has been slightly reduced, giving about an extra second of cloak time on a full meter !!!!

Emerging from the Dead Ringer's cloak now drains up to 40% of the cloak meter instead of 100%. This drain only happens if the meter is at least 60% full !!!!

The Dead Ringer's cloak meter can now be regenerated from ammo sources !!!!!!!

The Ambassador now only crits when fully accurate and no longer penetrates enemies

The Spy can no longer change weapons from the knife while shocked by the Razorback

Force-A-Nature & Flamethrower air blast knockback effects no longer work on disguised spies

Fixed disguised Spies showing the wrong teleporter effects when using an enemy teleporter

Dead ringer no longer crap.
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #276 on: June 23, 2009, 10:40:23 PM

Have they stated which classes get toys next?

I started finding things, but never for the class I'm playing...my son jumps on and gets two pyro items right away, but neither of our accounts have found any hats.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #277 on: June 23, 2009, 10:41:49 PM

It seems that, at some point, I became unable to shoot targets through my allies.

I wonder when that happened. Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #278 on: June 23, 2009, 11:19:36 PM

Having to kill the same spy 3 times in a row kinda sucked. And crit arrows don't seem be reflectable  Heartbreak Crit rockets still reflect just fine  Heart
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #279 on: June 24, 2009, 08:42:48 AM

Have they stated which classes get toys next?

I started finding things, but never for the class I'm playing...my son jumps on and gets two pyro items right away, but neither of our accounts have found any hats.

There have been hints that soldier will be next.  Possibly along with the remaining two.

I've got all the weapons for every class, but not a single goddamn hat.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: TF2: God save the queen!  
Jump to: