Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:25:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: AoC PvP Servers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AoC PvP Servers  (Read 20242 times)
Hayduke
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: March 26, 2009, 07:37:12 AM

Yeah the UI seems rather unflexible.  Is there a mod I can use to easily make custom action bars?  I like to play with 3x3 action bars since I don't use a keyboard.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #36 on: March 26, 2009, 07:52:18 AM

I don't use mods so I can't point you anywhere, but I saw some complicated GUI on various screenshots so I'd bet you can find plenty. That doesn't change things like tooltips on item stats and skills, stuck on fugly. 

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: March 26, 2009, 08:21:16 AM

And no matter how high you crank the details and graphics, the style they chose tend to brownicize your brain, and the dull GUI doesn't help. I am sure many left because of the brown without even realizing it. Luckily, GUI revamp is in the working.
I don't know about the brown.  Maybe grey, if I'm remembering Aquilonia correctly, but  I liked their areas.  Stygia was the first desert area in a game I actually found pretty.

Edit: Spelling is hard.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 07:54:40 PM by Lantyssa »

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: March 26, 2009, 08:38:54 AM

You are surely right, Lantyssa. it's just that I heard so many people saying AoC graphics are dull, while WoW is so pretty, that I accepted the fact very few like realistic art direction in a game they are supposed to play for months.

Colorful takes much longer to get boring.

Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: March 26, 2009, 11:51:18 AM

Oh, and if I still lose every second fight against more than one opponent as a ToS at level 11, am I doing it wrong ?  why so serious?
In my experience, 10-15 for any class is a bit of a rough spot, so just tough it out for the two hours or so it takes to get past it.  15 is when most classes start to get their signature power abilities, and 20 is when it really kicks in.  For the ToS, you can handle 2-3 enemies about as well as any other class, until 30.  That's when you get to slaughter armies all by your lonesome.  20 is an important milestone too, as your heals suddenly become effective, which will help you A LOT.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: March 28, 2009, 04:49:06 AM

You are surely right, Lantyssa. it's just that I heard so many people saying AoC graphics are dull, while WoW is so pretty, that I accepted the fact very few like realistic art direction in a game they are supposed to play for months.

Colorful takes much longer to get boring.

I would argue LotRO is both colourful and realistic in style.

The issue with most 'realistic' art, is they mute all the colours for some God Forsaken reason that has no basis in reality. So you end up with 42 shades of brown and 56 shades of grey.

Reality is FULL of fucking colour.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: March 28, 2009, 05:59:53 AM

No, Fordel, let's put it like this. They went so realistic with shadows and lights that every time you have the sun in front of you things tend to appear darker to your eyes, as for the visual effect of an object standing in the way of the light source. They made such a good job with shadows that sometimes things appear too dark even in full day. Someting that, for example, never happens in LotRO. Conan sometimes appears sunburnt.

Then again, I'd say that the world of Conan IS vibrant and colourful. It is just NOT enough when compared to your average videogame, and that was their questionable art direction choice which includes the "dark age" feeling of the Conan lore. And when you take LotRO in comparison I wouldn't say you are wrong, but the "realism" of LotRO has been pushed a little more towards the fantastic - there are zones overflooded with so many flowers it looks like it's carnival - especially when it comes to characters, as you are allowed to use colours for armours that weren't really available in the middle ages. Since Conan went that hardcore realistic way, leather is always brown, metal is always grey and cloth is the only thing that gets a few colours more (so far). Things are changing with the new armours but I am sure that drove away many people when you were only able to choose between a few shades of grey and brown pieces of equipment.

Finally, and this matters a lot, Conan has an extremely brown interface, as opposed to LotRO and anything else, and that hurts so much.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: March 28, 2009, 06:36:21 AM

Lantyssa,

my friend DT expert said that:

a) DT totally lacks DPS
b) DT is not bad at all in mass pvp as it is extremely hard to kill, and while he stays alive he delivers lots of useful crowd control (capital in mass pvp).
c) DT is better than a guardian in mass pvp for the above mentioned reasons but not better than a conqueror
d) June patch is balancing all the classes out so chances are the DT will get some love
e) They are not good at duels other than against a couple of classes, but then again your skills play a big big role in Age of Conan.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: March 28, 2009, 08:15:05 AM

d) June patch is balancing all the classes out so chances are the DT will get some love
I hope so.  The other three don't matter so much to me at this point.  I mean I could survive well enough since I'm such an awesome player (check ego check failed!), it's just a lot of the talent tree didn't make much sense or do anything on top of the already kind of lackluster other abilities.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: AoC PvP Servers  
Jump to: